Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Heron said:

I am absolutely in the Eddie Howe camp anyone who isn't is a wally.

Unless something goes disastrously wrong between now and the end of May he deserves the chance to remodel the squad a bit in the summer and see how we go without all the injuries and ridiculous CL fixtures.

Just now, Keegans Export said:

I think that's the worst trope in football. Absolute nonsense. 

So are you confident that Karius or Gillespie couldn't have got to a shot that was actually heading towards them and not have missed it? I'd be embarrassed if my 8yr old missed one like that

I think the owners won't be in any hurry to move Eddie on, they'll see this season for what it was and the reasons for it. The only way I see Eddie moving out in the close season is an Adkins/Pochettino scenario (and even that is unlikely).

Just now, gjohnson said:

So are you confident that Karius or Gillespie couldn't have got to a shot that was actually heading towards them and not have missed it? I'd be embarrassed if my 8yr old missed one like that

You can't look at one isolated incident and determine that;

1. Keeper B would have saved it therefore would have performed better over 90mins and conceded less goals

2. The manager is at fault for picking Keeper A over Keeper B, despite Keeper B showing absolutely nothing throughout their entire career to suggest they are a better player than Keeper A.

23 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

No criticism tonight but it looks like the best we can achieve this season is 7th in the league with underwhelming cup exits - albeit with mitigating circumstances and very tough draws. It’s been a really disappointing campaign and he’s going to have be very ruthless in the summer with certain players like Burn, Almiron, Longstaff etc being sold or marginalised and a larger focus on being solid / patient / creative in possession versus turning it over. He has my full support but the summer is the biggest test of him yet.

Last season, injuries and a harsh exit of the CL have earned him that. Not to mention the run of cup draws.

I do worry if we sell either Isak or Bruno, though. Either could fund 3/4 huge improvements to the starting XI, but I'm not overly enthused about Howe spending it wisely.

16 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Just played the best team in football with many key players missing, away from home where they rarely ever lose a match, confidence going in somewhat low, we were dominated in possession but reduced them to two lucky goals, and on another day Isak could score the opportunity's he was presented with?

This was always going to be an uphill struggle, even if we could have put our absolute best out this evening, we would have still had a huge challenge. Man City are on a different level to us, our fans need to know our lane and stop being such deluded fuckwits, this is off the back of the Eddie Howe must go shit gathering pace on Twitter. They do my head in, a loss here or there and they're waiting to pounce like sad little twats, starting to wish we never qualified for the champions league, it's given so many a false sense of entitlement, lack of humility.

Such a shame those same fans no doubt showering Howe with admiration, love, and praise after the Leicester game last season, all forget so quickly, even when the poor fella has his hands tied with a season of relentless problems. 

Please don't be one of them, resist these fucking vampires. 

:love:

Just now, nemtizz said:

Last season, injuries and a harsh exit of the CL have earned him that. Not to mention the run of cup draws.

I do worry if we sell either Isak or Bruno, though. Either could fund 3/4 huge improvements to the starting XI, but I'm not overly enthused about Howe spending it wisely.

It's not Eddie that spends it. He has a say, as does all the management group, the owners, Nickson, next sporting director etc

1 minute ago, madras said:

I think the owners won't be in any hurry to move Eddie on, they'll see this season for what it was and the reasons for it. The only way I see Eddie moving out in the close season is an Adkins/Pochettino scenario (and even that is unlikely).

Maybe the UK ownership might not me, but I'm not convinced that is the case with PIF. Hopefully we will have a decent end of the season, so we don't have to find out.

Been on this forum since 2007 and it's never been this bad.

We were all more united in our hate for Pardew than we are now

Not even sure what it means anymore to be a "supporter"

Guess it means we celebrate when we win and throw eggs when we dont

I just don't see how its his fault we were outclassed and beaten. Thats the case even when they lose to anybody outside to enshrined elite and the utterly natural order of what should happen.  There's players in that team that wouldn't have been out of place in the scratch Pardew team that won there.

Edited by Jonas

Just now, madras said:

It's not Eddie that spends it. He has a say, as does all the management group, the owners, Nickson, next sporting director etc

This season’s transfer window misfire/misfortune makes me a bit :howe:

Just now, arnonel said:

Been on this forum since 2007 and it's never been this bad.

We were all more united in our hate for Pardew than we are now

Not even sure what it means anymore to be a "supporter"

Guess it means we celebrate when we win and throw eggs when we dont

My thread got took down,but this is what i'm talking about and feared after the takeover/last season.The players trust Eddie i wish most of the melts here would or its back to the post sir bobby sacking

- 2 wins off 6th with 10 games to go and a favourable fixture list

- 2 cup competition QF's with the cuntiest fixture run I've ever seen To get there. (1 minute away from a semi)

-10 minutes away from knockout stages of the CL in the group of death

Who's brave enough to admit that they wouldnt have taken that at the beginning of the season and why? 

Edited by Thumbheed

2 minutes ago, astraguy said:

:love:

And attitudes like this are why we'll never be winning. If we accept defeat cos "they're better than us" we'll never get anywhere. We should be looking to win every game regardless of opposition, and until we have that we'll always be the also rans

32 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

And attitudes like this are why we'll never be winning. If we accept defeat cos "they're better than us" we'll never get anywhere. We should be looking to win every game regardless of opposition, and until we have that we'll always be the also rans

This is also a somewhat absurd attitude for a supporter. Some on here avoid context like the plague.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

The only way ordinary teams can beat Man City is keep it tight, hope for a break and bring on subs to change the game. Competing with them is not an option.

3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

🤡

I think we'd be unwise to look elsewhere for another manager. We are talking about him being punished for his own success and for his loyalty to players who helped him achieve that. 

I think if he's still playing Dan burn left back next year then yes, he's clearly not taking us to the next level, but surely he knows that a dynamic leftback is the priority for next season. We just didn't have the money to do it this season due to being well and truly fucked by the authorities

A CM was the priority, and livramento was too good a player to pass on. I guess Barnes was Maxi's replacement even though I would have kept maxi. 

City have gamed the system to get where they are , they're at least 5 years ahead of us. Understanding defeats is not the same as accepting them. I've said many times we have to learn the lessons. That's us as a fanbase, the manager and the entire club. I firmly believe we'll get there and based on his previous season and a half with us I believe (and hope) Eddie can take us there. 

Edited by Keggy_Keagal
poor grammar

Nice 2 week break, warm weather training, some more players back, some better rested and a semi-reset. We've still got a lot to play for in the league and he'll have us coming back fighting for it.

Actually think we'll see a completely different NUFC next season, more akin to last season. So many mitigating circumstances can't just be passed off, could Howe have done better this season? Probably, but he doesn't deserve the sack for failing to swim after having both arms and legs removed.

Edited by Mattoon
Grammar

2 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

- 2 wins off 6th with 10 games to go and a favourable fixture list

- 2 cup competition QF's with the cuntiest fixture run I've ever seen To get there. (1 minute away from a semi)

-10 minutes away from knockout stages of the CL in the group of death

Who's brave enough to admit that they wouldnt have taken that at the beginning of the season and why? 

Ofcourse i wouldnt have taken that. Thats doesnt necessarily mean Howe has done a bad job this season considering the circumstances(if we are looking strictly at the results).