Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

They're 7th ffs

You're forgetting that everyone apart from Liverpool and Man City is absolutely shit. 

13 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Nick Pope - Shoulder
Joelinton - Groin
Callum Wilson - Chest
Miggy - ??
Kieran Trippier - Calf
Livramento - Ankle
Tonali - Betting suspension
Botman - ACL
Lewis Miley - Back
Jamaal Lascelles - ACL
Antony Gordon - Red Card Suspension
Emil Krafth-??
:hunter:

So that's 7, arguably 8 of a first 11 not available

Does seem that Eddie is either very unlucky with injuries, or there’s something underlying him and his team need to look at, as history seems to be repeating itself.

https://bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/howe-launches-full-review-into-why-bournemouth-suffered-so-many-injuries-this-season/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/06/eddie-howe-injuries-bournemouth-newcastle-united

Edited by Whitley mag

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Does seem that Eddie is either very unlucky with injuries, or there’s something underlying him and his team need to look at as history seems to be repeating itself.

https://bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/howe-launches-full-review-into-why-bournemouth-suffered-so-many-injuries-this-season/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/06/eddie-howe-injuries-bournemouth-newcastle-united

his playing style is rather intense which probably leads to more injuries

some are just straight up unlucky though

21 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

7th AND still in the Europa League. 

We must be bang average in 8th and in no other competitions, eh?

Should've beaten them with an injured 11 never mind the fit ones. 

Eddie OUT

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

They're 7th ffs

And would you say they carved us open with exceptional attacking play? So slick and well drilled we just couldn’t deal with them? Or that we’re normally so defensively solid that yesterday can be put down to a bad day at the office?

It doesn’t matter if it’s Luton, West Ham, Forest or anyone else, the same shit players and the same shit defensive mistakes are at fault for us shipping an average of nearly 3 goals per game. The manager is not addressing it. We are shit defensively and have been for months, and the manager is not addressing it. 

If it was Bruce, Pardew or anyone else people would be apoplectic.

“But we won, but they’re 7th, but we don’t have Joelinton”. Yada yada yada. Seriously, it’s getting fucking boring now.

The 3 points yesterday were great. It was a throwback to our best ever era, but it papered over some cracks that people seem happy to ignore. The result was great, the performance raised questions. 

If this defensive exposure, shit personal choices, kamikaze set play overloads, lack of pace from midfield back etc. had been addressed we would have more points than we do now, plain and simple. 

I don’t want to support another circus that ships 3 but can score 5. We will never win anything doing that. I want to support a serious club with a serious fucking plan that can shut teams out completely and then put them to the sword. 
I don’t want a manager who won’t drop players who consistently cost us goals individually. It’s pathetic and borderline fucking self-sabotaging at times.
I want a ruthless winner who demands better than that from everyone. Any manager who is ok with us shipping 3 but scoring 4 is a stepping stone manager only because eventually the board will have to replace him with someone less naive, more mature and with a proven winning pedigree. 

Enjoy the win by all means but take the fucking blinkers off at the same time. 

Just now, Elliottman said:

Get a grip man ffs ‘ I don’t want to support’ … my 11 year old doesn’t talk like that.

We got needy very quickly didn’t we.

Its called ambition 

1 minute ago, Elliottman said:

Get a grip man ffs ‘ I don’t want to support’ … my 11 year old doesn’t talk like that.

We got needy very quickly didn’t we.

Wow, sick burn pal. Sharp as a fucking bouncy ball. 

11 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

And would you say they carved us open with exceptional attacking play? So slick and well drilled we just couldn’t deal with them? Or that we’re normally so defensively solid that yesterday can be put down to a bad day at the office?

It doesn’t matter if it’s Luton, West Ham, Forest or anyone else, the same shit players and the same shit defensive mistakes are at fault for us shipping an average of nearly 3 goals per game. The manager is not addressing it. We are shit defensively and have been for months, and the manager is not addressing it. 

“But we won, but they’re 7th, but we don’t have Joelinton”. Yada yada yada. Seriously, it’s getting fucking boring now.

The 3 points yesterday were great. It was a throwback to our best ever era, but it papered over some cracks that people seem happy to ignore. The result was great, the performance raised questions. 

If this defensive exposure, shit personal choices, kamikaze set play overloads, lack of pace from midfield back etc. had been addressed we would have more points than we do now, plain and simple. 

I don’t want to support another circus that ships 3 but can score 5. We will never win anything doing that. I want to support a serious club with a serious fucking plan that can shut teams out completely and then put them to the sword. 
I don’t want a manager who won’t drop players who consistently cost us goals individually. It’s pathetic and borderline fucking self-sabotaging at times.
I want a ruthless winner who demands better than that from everyone. Any manager who is ok with us shipping 3 but scoring 4 is a stepping stone manager only because eventually the board will have to replace him with someone less naive, more mature and with a proven winning pedigree. 

Clown

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Wow, sick burn pal. Sharp as a fucking bouncy ball. 

It’s not a ‘burn’ - I’m 40 years old. My 11 year old doesn’t talk like that, he’s enjoying the ride.

If you ‘don’t want to support’ a club which has gone from relegation favourites to champions league in the space of 2 years then to be honest, fuck off. The club doesn’t need ‘supporters’ like you.

Yes the second half of this season has been frustrating but there’s been very clear reasons for it. You’re on a message board bitching after a fantastic come back. 

Sound like an entitled brat.

14 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Just out of interest what do you expect Eddie to do differently with the defence? . He can't do much about that clown in goal which is the main reason we are conceding as many goals as we do. 

Edited by Geogaddi

Obviously I would rather we didn't concede boatloads of goals week in week out but matches likes yesterday are why I love the game. Football is meant to be entertaining and yesterday was the epitome of that. Was on cloud 9 in town all day post match. 

2 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Fucking bizarre. You’d think people would be bouncing. 

Papering over the cracks innit.

We've had the same issues all season and nowt has been done to fix it.

And that is a big worry imo.

13 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Clown

Instead of calling other poster a clown, how about answering the questions he raised?

I genuinely want to know why Howe didn’t address the issue yet. Some are saying “if we are injury free our defense would be back to last year standard”. yet I can’t see how Pope could have prevent the first goal since it’s the midfield who is not doing the pressing work. I also don’t think Trippier or Botman would have helped to prevent the second goal. Is that Howe, as the manager in charge, could do nothing to help our defense? Is that his ceiling? That’s very valid quesiton imo. If that’s his ceiling then it is not wrong to call him just a stepping stone manager. We all hope he is the one we want. The defense display suggest otherwise.

We have been asking why Hall is not playing more minutes. Time after time he shows he could do a job within very limited minutes, and while most of the people said “pretty sure he has to start / play more minutes the next game” after the cameo, we all witnessed what happened, again and again. I genuinely hope we don’t see Dummett starting our next game, ahead of Hall. 

Edited by Zero

16 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Just out of interest what do you expect Eddie to do differently with the defence? . He can't do much about that clown in goal which is the main reason we are conceding as many goals as we do. 

Play a low block, apparently. Even tho we've been disrupted to fuck and don't ever play that way even when we've a full squad and plenty time to train for it. 

90 mins of defending with the odd breakaway. From a team "with no pace" as well. 

Loons

Edited by Groundhog63

25 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

If this a circus then get me some fucking clown shoes and a red nose, brother  

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Instead of saying the others clown, how about answering the question he raised?

I genuinely want to know why Howe didn’t address the issue yet. Some are saying “if we are injury free our defense would be back to last year standard”. yet I can’t see how Pope could have prevent the first goal since it’s the midfield who is not doing the pressing work. I also don’t think Trippier or Botman would have helped to prevent the second goal. Is that Howe, as the manager in charge, could do nothing to help our defense? Is that his ceiling? That’s very valid quesiton imo. If that’s his ceiling then it is not wrong to call him just a stepping stone manager. We all hope he is the one we want. The defense display suggest otherwise.

We have been asking why Hall is not playing more minutes. Time after time he shows he could do a job within very limited minutes, and while most of the people said “pretty sure he has to start / play more minutes the next game” after the cameo, we all witnessed what happened, again and again. I genuinely hope we don’t see Dummett starting our next game, ahead of Hall. 

All you seem capable of is sucking the air out of the room.

8 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

It’s not a ‘burn’ - I’m 40 years old. My 11 year old doesn’t talk like that, he’s enjoying the ride.

If you ‘don’t want to support’ a club which has gone from relegation favourites to champions league in the space of 2 years then to be honest, fuck off. The club doesn’t need ‘supporters’ like you.

Yes the second half of this season has been frustrating but there’s been very clear reasons for it. You’re on a message board bitching after a fantastic come back. 

Sound like an entitled brat.

Entitled?! I’m 45 years old, I’ve supported this club since I was in single digits. I’ve seen us mis-managed from pillar-to-post for decades. Awful

managerial appointment after awful managerial appointment. Favoured players sold on and not replaced etc.

And now, finally we have owners who want to turn us into a world class sporting institution on and off the pitch. So I might genuinely have a chance to see us win something before I pop my clogs!

Maybe my mentality and expectations have changed. But our owners have installed Eddie Howe as our manager, to help fulfil their ambitions, which are now our ambitions. And I see naivety and weakness in Eddie Howe that others don’t seem to want to admit. I’m ok with that, but it doesn’t make them untrue.

You telling other fans and forum users to fuck off because they don’t share your opinions is why this board is toxic.