Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

People should be respectful and I've fallen foul of not doing that myself too often of late. But being respectful doesn't mean you can post whatever nonsense you want without expecting push back on it, it just means trying not to make it personal. If you put an opinion out there it's open season tbh, just on the opinion not the poster 

17 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I know it’s tiresome but in the world of FFP how can we if we can’t replace them? Fully agree with you like. 

It might be knee-jerk after the disappointment of tonight but I think I'd prefer to play the kids over some of them. 

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

People should be respectful and I've fallen foul of not doing that myself too often of late. But being respectful doesn't mean you can post whatever nonsense you want without expecting push back on it, it just means trying not to make it personal. If you put an opinion out there it's open season tbh, just on the opinion not the poster 

Yeah there are very very few, if any, people on here who I wouldn't actually want to meet in real life, even some of the folks I've complained about. I just have an issue with people acting as if they are oppressed once someone harps on about their post.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

3 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

:lol: it totally couldn't have gone either way unless the ref totally cocked it up.

I think it’s a fair point that both players were wrestling, and it also happens several times at every set piece. 

20 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think it’s a fair point that both players were wrestling, and it also happens several times at every set piece. 

I didn’t see any wrestling. Saw young have his hand on dummy’s arm. Only way we get out of that is offside or the ball being unplayable/way over his head. 

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Undoubtedly needs to get ruthless in the summer, no excuse for likes of Ritchie, Wilson, Lascelles and Dummett being here next season. 

I mean, I’m sure he didn’t want to keep them all last season either. Sadly we needed about 20 new players. 

Its not as simple as just being 'ruthless' with these new rules otherwise it would happen, honestly it already would have happened.

That we cant bring in the players we could without the rules is one thing, but who, with the same financial restrictions, is going to want and pay decent money for the players were wanting to offload.  Lower level teams are going to be much more reticent to take million pound punts on topflight cast-offs who in turn are going to likely have to take pay cuts anywhere they go and thus not easily shifted.

Edited by Jonas

41 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

This idea that gets floated that we should have seen improvement since December as if the manager is the only thing holding us back is such a crock of shit narrative.

First time I've even seen that.  Why were we supposed to improve after December?  The injuries have only gotten worse including a solid reliable keeper being replaced by one that's completely out of his depth at this point.  Its astonishing were roughly where we were then.

1 hour ago, worthy said:

Can’t be for any other reason than to somehow think he can take the flack for dummet. Cause that is a stupid thing to say if not :lol:

It’s Howe protecting the player - and tbf, we don’t need the manager to tell us what we saw :) 

28 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Its not as simple as just being 'ruthless' with these new rules otherwise it would happen, honestly it already would have happened.

That we cant bring in the players we could without the rules is one thing, but who, with the same financial restrictions, is going to want and pay decent money for the players were wanting to offload.  Lower level teams are going to be much more reticent to take million pound punts on topflight cast-offs who in turn are going to likely have to take pay cuts anywhere they go and thus not easily shifted.

Ashley continues to fuck us, frankly.  The contracts offered seemed crackers even at the time.  

Ruthless is a word that is appearing in lots of posts and Eddie has to start being exactly that. Not only with some of the players but also with the ownership because unless they find the money to strengthen significantly the team and squad, we are staying where we are and that’s between 7th and somewhere right in the middle.

I know we need a squad, but there shouldn’t be contract extensions to any player who isn’t improving us and taking us forward. Play some of the youngsters some of them might surprise us. There are no surprises from Dummett, Krafth, Lascelles, Ritchie, Murphy, Almiron, Dubravka, Longstaff etc. except how often they remind us that they are not good enough. 

Eddie should be having a word with the likes of Longstaff and Willock and telling them these kinds of aimless half assed performances will result in them not playing and being sold.

It’s time to get brutal because if we hope to improve and god forbid actually win something it’s no time to show loyalty or to keep persisting with at least half of the current squad.

Privately there’s no way he’ll be thinking that.. he’ll be massively pissed off.

But publicly he did the correct thing there. A manager should always deflect and shield criticism from players.

We will probably need to play Dummett again before season is over so he needs everyone on side.

3 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Ruthless is a word that is appearing in lots of posts and Eddie has to start being exactly that. Not only with some of the players but also with the ownership because unless they find the money to strengthen significantly the team and squad, we are staying where we are and that’s between 7th and somewhere right in the middle.

I know we need a squad, but there shouldn’t be contract extensions to any player who isn’t improving us and taking us forward. Play some of the youngsters some of them might surprise us. There are no surprises from Dummett, Krafth, Lascelles, Ritchie, Murphy, Almiron, Dubravka, Longstaff etc. except how often they remind us that they are not good enough. 

Eddie should be having a word with the likes of Longstaff and Willock and telling them these kinds of aimless half assed performances will result in them not playing and being sold.

It’s time to get brutal because if we hope to improve and god forbid actually win something it’s no time to show loyalty or to keep persisting with at least half of the current squad.

FFP prevents all of that.

11 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Half assed is what this post is if you're equating Longstaffs effort to that. 

2 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

but he's never won anything at the top level

Just the multiple promotions with Bournemouth but never winning a major trophy with them? Unacceptable.

If Eddie Howe needs a lesson in ruthlessness he should look no further than our own venerable leader his majesty Yessir Bin-Rumayyan, who would sell his own mother for a locker at one of the world's premier links golf courses and has done so in the past. What's more I have no doubt that if our poor form continues on to the end of the season, Howe will be the recipient of such a tongue lashing that in the philosophers' parlance he'll be a tabula rasa, meaning a blank slate, or in the everyday parlance quite literally licked clean as a whistle. There'll be no room for favourites or sympathy then, and I for one cannot wait to begin the summer's culling.

1 minute ago, Gottlob said:

If Eddie Howe needs a lesson in ruthlessness he should look no further than our own venerable leader his majesty Yessir Bin-Rumayyan, who would sell his own mother for a locker at one of the world's premier links golf courses and has done so in the past. What's more I have no doubt that if our poor form continues on to the end of the season, Howe will be the recipient of such a tongue lashing that in the philosophers' parlance he'll be a tabula rasa, meaning a blank slate, or in the everyday parlance quite literally licked clean as a whistle. There'll be no room for favourites or sympathy then, and I for one cannot wait to begin the summer's culling.

Augusta National is a parkland course, not links.

3 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

Then why post that straight after a game we improved in? Oh because it's nonsense used to fit an agenda.

So when we do well it's because it's expected and when we do poorly it's not good enough?

Without an unprecedented injury list, yes

It really feels like these injury problems will continue next season.. And it has nothing to do with a curse or having the stadium built on a graveyard.

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

It had nothing to do with availability and fitness tonight for me. If I felt we were giving everything and falling short I'd be fully with you, but I thought it couldn't have been more obvious that the players out there played within themselves against a really poor team who offered nothing tonight.

Hall stays on and we win 1-0 and I still would have thought the approach to the game was needlessly risky.

I said as much at half time and it only got worse second half.

If we had won (and we should have whether 1-0 or 2-0) I would have described it as a professional performance. Considering the injuries, the lack of bench options, three games in a week, and our defensive frailties the approach seemed spot on to me. They were dead at 2-0 and we should have gotten there.

21 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Why does it feel that way? It wasn't a huge thing last season or the season before apart from the normal injury crocks like Wilson, and now the two ACL victims.

Wilson - Torn Pec - how often does that happen?

Lascelles  - Looked like his cleats caught or leg was twisted.

Popey- Shoulder - Dove and came up hurt.

Tino - Came down his ankle and turned it.

Just a couple of examples but it's been rather crazy and not someone's fault.

I do think FFP can be gotten around with cleverer use of the loan market. Ok so wages go up slightly but you’re getting rid of a ton of deadwood. 

Use up our loan slots to beef up the squad, this is where Saudi teams could be useful. 

eg

get rid of 

Ritchie Dummett Wilson Longstaff Almiron Dubravka Targett then others eg Lewis Hendrick etc 

buy with cash permanent players for:

RCB, RW, CF, GK

Get Kelly or Tosin free for LCB cover

loan in 

LB (eg like that Brazilian at Nottm Forest last season)

CM//DM

Young CF
possible CB if don’t get freebies 

that’s a lot of business to do in one summer but absolutely needs to get done, the squad needs serious rejuvenation. Getting rid of 9-10 players will release a lot of wage room.

could even get a back up GK on loan and save on that for now.