Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

50 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I thought it was a good call bringing Livramento on instead of Hall, there are certain games where Hall would be preferred for his attacking ability but today was not one of them.

Keeping it as solid at the back as possible was the priority.

I was happy they went down his side so much as I thought Martinelli just wouldn't get past him. Jose Enrique stylee

28 minutes ago, andycap said:

Cambridge dortmund

So 7 losses in total to 5 different teams

Just the 5 losses in the league and to 3 different teams

He's made our ground a fortress, a stark contrast from when teams used to love coming here because getting a win didn't take much effort

3 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Last night felt like 21/22 us (well, when we were good that season).

Part of what is so impressive about the job he does for us is that we can win in different ways and it looks natural.

And with different teams! 

Keegan era we had an identity - we’ll score more than you, it was exciting but ultimately flawed 

Robson era I never felt we had an identity or had the edge to win things compared to Man Utd or Arsenal and we were always sketchy at the back

Howe era we have an identity, a system, tight defensively, clinical up front, tactically astute and greater than the sum of our parts. Team spirit is outstanding 

I think this is the most confident I’ve ever been of NUFC 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Danny Murphy’s analysis on match of the day was really good, it is at the 2:30 mark on the YouTube video below.

He talks about how we stopped Arsenal by doubling up on their wide players, with the second man dropping off in to the space so they can’t knock it beyond the first player and run in to that space. He says this is something that would have been worked on in training and meant Martinelli and Saka had no option but to pass it to someone who is less than a threat.

Putting out the blueprint on how to shut Arsenal down.

Edited by Matt1892

34 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Keegan era we had an identity - we’ll score more than you, it was exciting but ultimately flawed 

Robson era I never felt we had an identity or had the edge to win things compared to Man Utd or Arsenal and we were always sketchy at the back

Howe era we have an identity, a system, tight defensively, clinical up front, tactically astute and greater than the sum of our parts. Team spirit is outstanding 

I think this is the most confident I’ve ever been of NUFC 

Agree with this - I've never felt as confident that a trophy is coming within the near future

47 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Danny Murphy’s analysis on match of the day was really good, it is at the 2:30 mark on the YouTube video below.

He talks about how we stopped Arsenal by doubling up on their wide players, with the second man dropping off in to the space so they can’t knock it beyond the first player and run in to that space. He says this is something that would have been worked on in training and meant Martinelli and Saka had no option but to pass it to someone who is less than a threat.

Putting out the blueprint on how to shut Arsenal down.

Tomiyasu was our motm.

I’m hoping that we figure out how to close games better. We’ve dropped deep against West Ham and Arsenal. Punished against West Ham but didn’t against Arsenal. 

As far as I’m aware, City, Liverpool and Arsenal don’t drop this deep at the end of the game, even against very good teams. Someone can correct me. 

We should be able to control the ball when under pressure.

Just now, Giselle said:

I’m hoping that we figure out how to close games better. We’ve dropped deep against West Ham and Arsenal. Punished against West Ham but didn’t against Arsenal. 

As far as I’m aware, City, Liverpool and Arsenal don’t drop this deep at the end of the game, even against very good teams. Someone can correct me. 

More fatigue related against West Ham and wolves and not having many options on the bench. Absolutely nothing wrong with how we defended the lead yesterday imo, they didn’t have a sniff.

29 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

More fatigue related against West Ham and wolves and not having many options on the bench. Absolutely nothing wrong with how we defended the lead yesterday imo, they didn’t have a sniff.

V West Ham we pushed up needlessly late and got punished. V Wolves we looked gassed the entire 90 and nearly got out of there with 3 points but some collection of errors and we conceded. Last night we looked like the team of 21/22 and 22/23 that could over power anyone.

We're generally fine out closing out games, the fatigue element in West Ham and Wolves can't be understand following big Champions League efforts. Hope we blow the doors off early at Bournemouth.

Edited by The Prophet

1 hour ago, mouldy_uk said:

Not apportioning any blame to Eddie, but the club needs to get this injury situation under control, as it’s the most likely thing to derail a potential excellent season 

dislocated shouder, fractured vertbera, fractured toe, bruised back.... freak accidents.

only taggart and isak have soft tissue injuries.

not sure what up with botman.

2 hours ago, Giselle said:

That will come as the quality in the squad increases. Not just because there'll be more trust in the subs to continue Plan A, but also because we'll be more accustomed to playing two games a week and rotating as a squad