Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest reefatoon
42 minutes ago, dave s said:

agree with this. fortunately Eddie and club addressed it with Tonali but unfortunately…. aye. 

Yeah this is true. Just so frustrating how it turned out.

Thanks for posting that. Interesting, like you say.

Two things struck me - Eddie was very focused and absorbed in his work, and that seemed to rub off on the players. There was no messing about.

There was also plenty of praise and encouragement. Any criticism was constructive. Very professional - no surprise there.

7 hours ago, duo said:

I hadn't seen this before..was interesting

Great insight.  A couple of things.  Eddie likes to use the phrase "different gravy" which implies well done and I take it "wee man" he referred to was Ryan Fraser.

Arteta's getting stick off Arsenal fans and they are still on track for their minimum goal this season (CL football).

Rightfully so the fans are questioning his transfers. Havertz one in particular.

Edited by The College Dropout

22 hours ago, splinter said:

The tonali situation has really hurt us badly IMO.having a fit player who cant play because of something  that happened iin Italy is crazy. With all the people now working in recruitment under Ashworth this shouldn't  have  happened.

I’m not sure about that like. Doesn’t matter how many people you have working on a transfer, you can’t know every detail of someone’s personal life. 

What even is Havertz? I wonder if he is basically an old school no 10 or second striker who needs to be playing just off someone and why he doesnt work deeper or solo up front, but even then, where is the goal and assist return? I know he was good in Germany and sort of scored important goals if not many for Chelsea but I really don't understand, he's like Ratface Bruno without the end product

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m not sure about that like. Doesn’t matter how many people you have working on a transfer, you can’t know every detail of someone’s personal life. 

If we had better connections in Italy, IMO we would've heard *something*. 

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

What even is Havertz? I wonder if he is basically an old school no 10 or second striker who needs to be playing just off someone and why he doesnt work deeper or solo up front, but even then, where is the goal and assist return? I know he was good in Germany and sort of scored important goals if not many for Chelsea but I really don't understand, he's like Ratface Bruno without the end product

Ratface Bruno is at least a main character. Havertz is a ghost.

I think he's a second striker. Arriving late in the box to score goals. With his technique and athleticism, he's tactically flexible but he's not the type of player to stamp his authority on a game. He's a player who is much less than the same of his parts - like a better Jermaine Jenas. Something missing between the ears that prevents him being a top player.

I genuinely think being German has helped protect his reputation. If he was Turkish or something - he would get far more stick for being "sometimeish".

1 minute ago, Ronson333 said:

Going by what Howe just said on talksport, it does sound like we’ll sell a big player this summer.

No it didn’t ?

I don't know why someone is so against us selling big player. Players like Almiron or Wilson certainly should be available to someone, Pope?, and Botman also has a price. I understand that Bruno or Isak are untouchables.

8 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

We are finished, cant compete may as well give up and withdraw from the league. Oh wait sorry thats the comments on this place today not Howe :lol:

I'm definitely giving up on a repeat CL finish :lol: bunkering into damage control mode now is the vibe, i reckon.

1 minute ago, KingArthur said:

I don't know why someone is so against us selling big player. Players like Almiron or Wilson certainly should be available to someone, Pope?, and Botman also has a price. I understand that Bruno or Isak are untouchables.

Don’t think anyone would be that against selling Miggy and Wilson.

2 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

Only Botman, Bruno and Isak get us the transfer fee we need to turn our FFP around though. We're not getting much for either Wilson or Almiron.

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Only Botman, Bruno and Isak get us the transfer fee we need to turn our FFP around though. We're not getting much for either Wilson or Almiron.

Almiron certainly can bring 10-20 million, Wilson not much true, but wages also quite a number.

Botman is great, and we shouldn't sell him, but I think he also has a price.

Problem is our squad is full of total crap from Ashley-era. That is why this whole thing takes time.