Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Southgate ,Hodgson, Allardyce, they are the type of mangers that get the England job these days .

You don't get one of the best managers in the country leaving a top 6/7 club in the league to go and manage England these days . Absolutely nothing to worry about .

It's not just England either , look at all the main nations in the euros , Deschamps apart who has won everything and perhaps Nagelsmann, none of them have a top class manager in charge.

Edited by Geogaddi

Back in the days of champ manager 2 you could take the England job whilst staying with your club. 

Does this happen anymore?

Did it ever happen or was it a game thing [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, Cf said:

Back in the days of champ manager 2 you could take the England job whilst staying with your club. 

Couldn’t give any examples but I’m sure it’s happened before on a part time basis 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Couldn’t give any examples but I’m sure it’s happened before on a part time basis 

England tried it with Bobby didn’t they but Shepherd refused? 

If it were to happen (which I doubt), it's maybe the best way to end things.

We get to move up a level with our next appointment, he gets a top gig and it'd be a parting of ways without any toxicity or nastiness.

11 minutes ago, Cf said:

Fergie managed Scotland in 1986 World Cup while still technically Aberdeen manager. Fatih Terim did Galatasaray and Turkey as well I think. Probably a few others from further back too

26 minutes ago, Cf said:

Keegan did it for a bit while still managing Fulham, it was around that time they started allowing you to do it on the game iirc. He left Fulham in the end to do England full time. 

1 minute ago, Interpolic said:

Keegan did it for a bit while still managing Fulham, it was around that time they started allowing you to do it on the game iirc. He left Fulham in the end to do England full time. 

Sir Bobby went in a mini-huff when Shepherd knocked back an approach from the FA between Keegan and Sven. Bobby wanted to do it, Shepherd wanted him to focus on the club. 

Cant go into the weekend and tournament starting without a statement from Howe off the back of one article. 

Dan Burn at left back for England putting in crosses for Harry Kane. We will be questioning how Southgate didn't think of it.

Edited by Erikse

Eddie himself has said he likes the challenge of improving players on the training pitch, and obviously an international manager only has a limited scope to do that. 

I think he'll feel that there's still much he can do here. He will only leave when that changes.

I just don’t believe international management is where managers in the ascendancy like Howe look to go these days.

id still be slightly worried if he was offered it, as its the kind of opportunity you have to take careful consideration with, but if I was Howe I’d be wondering where it would leave me if I didn’t enjoy success with the national team.

1 hour ago, Ketsbaia said:

If it were to happen (which I doubt), it's maybe the best way to end things.

We get to move up a level with our next appointment, he gets a top gig and it'd be a parting of ways without any toxicity or nastiness.

I’d love to see who we’d get that would actually level us up. We’d almost certainly go backwards because of things people now take for granted.

Didn't gary neville not ask him about the England job on his podcast ? And he said something along the lines of "never say never, but not at this particular time" ?

1 hour ago, Ketsbaia said:

We get to move up a level with our next appointment

:pilko: :anguish:

Edited by Pata

If I was hiring the England manager, I'd have been in Potters ear by now.

The job would be his in the summer.

Not because he's a great manager. He's a good manager, a modern coach and a decent bloke... which makes him a significant upgrade on Southgate.

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

If he was 20 years older I would be, he's said before it's his ultimate job. Right now it seems unlikely though, he's a workaholic and wouldn't be able to handle not training players every day.

You might only get one chance on the England job though, and it's possible that's how he sees it. I very much doubt it though. Not really worried.

Edited by Collage

5 hours ago, jack j said:

He might look at some of the criticism he got last year from a section of our support and say fuck it see yous later.

No comparison to the level of abuse  Robson, Taylor, McLaren, & Keegan (well pretty much everybody tbf) got as England manager.

Club football management and international football management are completely different propositions now.

We know how Howe works. He’d seriously struggle to imprint his very particular style on the squad with the limitations international management places on coaches.

17 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

He would be perfect for England. When his teams score, he want them to keep pushing immediately for another and another.

I'd say he's anything but.