Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

5 hours ago, Tiresias said:

As I posted in other thread, this pain is partially due to last season's underperformance and we won't want to go through it again, I suspect first half this season he will be as vulnerable in his position as he ever will be. We start poorly, more bad luck think he'll get the boot because we cannot afford to not finish top 4 again. 

That’s nonsense. 

29 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

:dowie:

Not saying our ownership want rid of Howe. I don't think they do. I just think there is less chance of Eddie wanting to take the job right now (I think he will want to stay) than the club seeing the likely sizeable compensation figures and thinking it's maybe an opportunity to make money and bring in a "next level manager" and encourage him to leave. 

8 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Not saying our ownership want rid of Howe. I don't think they do. I just think there is less chance of Eddie wanting to take the job right now (I think he will want to stay) than the club seeing the likely sizeable compensation figures and thinking it's maybe an opportunity to make money and bring in a "next level manager" and encourage him to leave. 

:dowiespin:

1 minute ago, STM said:

If I was England, I'd offer him 20m a year. 

Thankfully they are idiots and will likely hire another happy clapping insider.

Roberto Martinez for the win 

after Portugal fire him for limping out of course

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

International managers are pointless now. Considering that a stinkless fart like Southgate can get to semis and finals with a half decent bunch of players, might as well put Maclaren back in charge. I genuinely don't think he could have done worse than Gareth has in this tournament...

Only thing I can think of which has made this brilliant bunch of players play like mackem rejects is that Tim Sherwood showed up and put Southgates stapler in a jelly

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

I'm less worried about Eddie wanting to take the England job right now as I am our ownership potentially pushing him out to hire an "upgrade" 

I worry who we’d replace him with. Could genuinely see it being Wokegate. Scary

Very curious and a bit nervous about what he makes of the last few days. I'm optimistic that he understands the situation well enough to accept the Anderson sale, but not sure what he'll reckon to having a player he doesn't want thrown into his squad. 

Again hopefully he's accepting of it cos we needed to replace Karius, who was obviously shite anyway. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Very curious and a bit nervous about what he makes of the last few days. I'm optimistic that he understands the situation well enough to accept the Anderson sale, but not sure what he'll reckon to having a player he doesn't want thrown into his squad. 

Again hopefully he's accepting of it cos we needed to replace Karius, who was obviously shite anyway. 

He’s a smart guy, I’m sure he understands. Unfortunately and I know this sounds like a crank talking but the game is utterly rigid against any form of ambition competition.