Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Our setup looked great to me at the start, it was excellent how the midfielders were pushing up and combining with the forwards. Sadly Murphy wasted a lot of the attacks and then we let a goal in. 

I can’t be bothered to scroll back but I assume we were feeling very positive before they scored. I definitely was. 

The second half was almost like a different game - Brighton did a bit better but we got more and more desperate, tired and error-prone. The ref was also diabolical and the Welbeck injury completely stopped the flow of the game. 

The subs were weird but I guess you think you have to try something. Longstaff taking the late set pieces was criminal though, don’t get that at all. 

Today I would give most of the criticism to players, I thought we were set up pretty well. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Based on the first 35 minutes I thought we were going to batter them :lol:

Had we put one of those chances in we probably would have. Wasn't to be today. A real shit sarnie of a match. 

I felt sorry for him again today. A rank combo of individual lack of quality and bad luck did for us and I wouldn't be surprised if he's privately very frustrated about the shit show summer already biting us in a big way.

There's trouble ahead IMO.

I love Howe, but I remain convinced this is the beginning of the end.

We'll have a Mitchell managerial pick before the season is out I think.

My guess is a german.

We need to brace ourselves for the next couple of games as well, could be a real low point if we get knocked out of the cup, lose to Chelsea in the league and then lose heavily to Arsenal. Very possible even if we don’t play badly. 

Stay the course people. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

9 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Yeah, was horrid. Don't think Eddie is the sort of manager to do it on purpose to try and ram home the lack of quality and depth to those upstairs whatsoever, but it absolutely did the trick anyway.

Or maybe because both players had been on international duty, more so in Bruno case with long flights, Gordon because he was shite imo.

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

Or maybe because both players had been on international duty, more so in Bruno case with long flights, Gordon because he was shite imo.

No I agree, I was saying I don't think Eddie was doing it for the reasons I listed but it definitely proved it anyway. Those are valid reasons for why he made the changes imo. Had to do something.

4 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

There's trouble ahead IMO.

I love Howe, but I remain convinced this is the beginning of the end.

We'll have a Mitchell managerial pick before the season is out I think.

My guess is a german.

I said once the transfer window closed that Howe would be gone by Xmas, nothing has changed for me in that regard, he could be gone by December especially if we do now go 6 league games without a win losing 4 of them. 

1 hour ago, Upthemags said:

Eddie didn't want them mate. Wanted a single bloke who had a nice Euros and has looked miles off it this season, and we almost spent a record fee on him at that.

That's not entirely accurate now is it mate ?  Howe himself confirmed they looked at half a dozen players. Now, we have all gone over this a hundred times as to why we ended up concentrating on CB rather than a wide player, and by god that has some merit.

But, to say he didn't want anyone else but just Guehi is nonsense is it ?  Yes we ended up there, but with the injuries we had, I'm supposing Howe thought the defender was more important, that's the old ground we've all gone over to death like.

Edited by Bimpy474

Just now, NEEJ said:

Had we put one of those chances in we probably would have. Wasn't to be today. A real shit sarnie of a match. 

Sums it up well.

The chances they ended up having were as a result of our chasing the game. At parity all things being equal they weren't in it.

Changed everything.

Edited by Jonas

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Based on the first 35 minutes I thought we were going to batter them :lol:

I genuinely started losing hope after about 12 minutes and thought the writing was on the wall. We're officially poor at pressing home the advantage nowadays.

Our centre back pairing is one of our most dangerous combinations nowadays, and that's crazy.

Public opinion seems to be shifting judging by the social media comments on his post match interview. Some really tough games coming up and a huge test for him. 

Everton and now this. Beyond underwhelmed. Fuck that Brighton might be a good side, I don't give a shit, WE are a good side, on paper at least. These are the games we should absolutely be getting points from, and full points at that. I love Eddie and want him to do a ferguson here (without the arrogant fucker's attitude and personality that has thrown a sense of entitlement into man u fans to this day) but this is not acceptable. In that press conference I reckoned then that he was saying that it's intense and he'll have to have a break soon. Sadly, and it's heartbreaking to me, I reckon it'll be sooner rather than later.

I can see us getting knocked out of the cup and I've made peace with it. Do I blame Eddie? No. I blame the absolutely corrupt pro-red cartel (and hangers on spurs for some unknown reason) rules for not allowing teams to invest. By the time they suddenly have to rip up their silly illegal bullshit rules I think it might be too late for wor Ed.

If bruno was gonna be taking off at some point because of arriving back late from international duty. 

Then taking off tonali is even more baffling. 

I think there'll be a few unhappy players in the squad this year because of there treatment. 

Trippier stripped of captaincy, 

Tonali never gets a full ninety

Barnes our top scorer keeps getting dropped for dross, 

Osula watching every man and his dog get used before he gets a chance. 

Miggy who hasn't featured at all until the last few games. 

I do think there's a need for a little perspective. It's a hugely disappointing result, but the last 3 games we've played reasonably well, including a point against the best team in the league/world. Things might start to look a little bleak given our next few games, but our good start to the season has given a good foundation to push on from after that, we won't be cut totally adrift even losing against both Chelsea and Arsenal (and you never know, those aren't guarantees). Still early in the season, seen an improvement performance wise. A sharp Isak, bit of confidence and we can get going again imo

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

I do think there's a need for a little perspective. It's a hugely disappointing result, but the last 3 games we've played reasonably well, including a point against the best team in the league/world. Things might start to look a little bleak given our next few games, but our good start to the season has given a good foundation to push on from after that, we won't be cut totally adrift even losing against both Chelsea and Arsenal (and you never know, those aren't guarantees). Still early in the season, seen an improvement performance wise. A sharp Isak, bit of confidence and we can get going again imo

Agreed but I do think the time has come to freshen the squad up. Not a quadruple bypass level of surgery but more than Willy Osula and Lloyd Kelly. If that means sacrificing a purple to give FFP breathing room then I’m open to it.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

I agree. But the lack of goals and ability to regularly create decent chances is a worry. Even last year, we seemed to score quite a few, as well as concede quite a few! 

I think Barnes needs to start. As we need more goalscorers on the pitch. 

1 goal, a penalty, in 3 games where we have had large spells where we have been dominant, is not good enough. It wasn’t like we were free scoring before that, either.