Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, andycap said:

When we had rondon at the club even when isolated he was a nuisance that's what we need. 

I'd rather solve the massive tactical issues that result in Isak being completely isolated before finding a striker who can cope with being isolated.

Isak is a goalscorer and a real talent but as a striker he doesn't challenge for headers he doesn't rough defenders up he doesn't press a great deal his hold up play ain't great either. That's what I mean. Ba rondon mitrovic type that can bring others into the game. 

Just now, andycap said:

Isak is a goalscorer and a real talent but as a striker he doesn't challenge for headers he doesn't rough defenders up he doesn't press a great deal his hold up play ain't great either. That's what I mean. Ba rondon mitrovic type that can bring others into the game. 

Sure, there's a place for that in certain games. Wilson should be that player, but we know why he isn't and it's gonna be hard to do much about it.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Sure, there's a place for that in certain games. Wilson should be that player, but we know why he isn't and it's gonna be hard to do much about it.

But that is what we need instead of letting isak just go missing in games. Wilson is finished so we should be looking for that type of striker. 

2 hours ago, andycap said:

Mitchell should be bringing in players to fix the weaknesses in the squad whether that be young players or ready made players. 

So a right winger centre half with pace. A new striker that offers more than isak. 

Take howe out of the equation as Mitchell is there for the long term philosophy of the way we wanna be run. 

I get the impression a lot of the fans don't appreciate this kind of setup or the importance of it going forward.

Mitchell is already public enemy number 1 and is deemed the source of our problems despite only being there 5 mins.

I actually really wish we'd get what they hope for and Mitchell leaves and Howe is left to it, so we can all see first hand how that plays out, with us being the only ones going against the grain and competing with clubs getting their house in order.

Summer 2023 was really the time to get things right. Man Utd and Chelsea were in a mess and Villa were still finding their feet.

I think we've pretty much blown it already, and things are likely to get worse before they get any better now with a larger scale reset or rebuild sometime in the future.

Until then remove any uncertainty behind the scenes and let's see how it plays out with Howe in charge of everything.

Just now, andycap said:

But that is what we need instead of letting isak just go missing in games. Wilson is finished so we should be looking for that type of striker. 

As well as a right winger, pacey CB, number 6 or number 10, new keeper etc etc.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I get the impression a lot of the fans don't appreciate this kind of setup or the importance of it going forward.

Mitchell is already public enemy number 1 and is deemed the source of our problems despite only being there 5 mins.

I actually really wish we'd get what they hope for and Mitchell leaves and Howe is left to it, so we can all see first hand how that plays out, with us being the only ones going against the grain and competing with clubs getting their house in order.

Summer 2023 was really the time to get things right. Man Utd and Chelsea were in a mess and Villa were still finding their feet.

I think we've pretty much blown it already, and things are likely to get worse before they get any better now with a larger scale reset or rebuild sometime in the future.

Until then remove any uncertainty behind the scenes and let's see how it plays out with Howe in charge of everything.

You'd rather win a debate on the internet than see the club do well? Bit weird.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I didn't, did I? I'm late to this party :lol: I said our tactics need sorting before we get a new striker.

Yeah but referred to a striker in your tactics post. 

I think a more rounded striker would get our formation a lot more effective. 

obligatory small sample size warning

Corners

2022/23

15.52 xG | 0.41xG/90 | 8 goals (0.21 per game)

6.47 xGA | 0.17xGA/90 | 8 goals against (0.21 per game)

2023/24

9.84 xG | 0.26xG/90 | 8 goals (0.21 per game)

8.56 xGA | 0.23xGA/90 | 9 goals against (0.24 per game)

2024/25

1.71 xG | 0.19xG/90 | 0 goals

1.01 xGA | 0.11xGA/90 | 0 goals against

Set pieces (direct free kicks excluded)

2022/23

8.7 xG | 0.23xG/90 | 3 goals (0.08 per game)

2.92 xGA | 0.09xGA/90 | 2 goals against (0.05 per game)

2023/24

6.44 xG | 0.17xG/90 | 8 goals (0.21 per game)

3.51 xGA | 0.23xGA/90 | 3 goals against (0.08 per game)

2024/25

0.80 xG | 0.09xG/90 | 0 goals

0.84 xGA | 0.09xGA/90 | 1 goal against

-------------------------------------------

Combined

2022/23 we generated 0.64xG and 0.29 goals per game

2023/24 we generated 0.43xG and 0.42 goals per game

2024/25 we have created 0.28xG and 0.00 goals per game

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

You'd rather win a debate on the internet than see the club do well? Bit weird.

I think there's too much uncertainty and confusion with the way things stand.

We need a clearer line of authority, even if it means we end up suffering in the short term.

Right now it's this weird Howe vs Mitchell thing. The preference seems to be for Mitchell to be out of the way, and for Howe to lead.

We may as well go down that route and then everyone can judge the final result.

I don't think it will work, but it's the only way we can know for certain.

Sat next to some young lad in Level 7 against Brighton. Joined all the songs until Brighton scored, after that mostly slagged off our players with the highlight being 'ISAK, YOU'RE FUCKING SHITE!'. Fucked off when the 9 minute extra time started. Some of our fans can be so fucking fickle, it's unreal that someone as talented as Isak is being written off due to not being a massive battering ram. 

Not talking about @Shays Given Tim Flowers if anyone is wondering.

Edited by Pata

Just now, KaKa said:

We need a clearer line of authority, even if it means we end up suffering in the short term.

Right now it's this weird Howe vs Mitchell thing. The preference seems to be for Mitchell to be out of the way, and for Howe to lead.

There's a lot of assumptions being made here, a lot based on a shit journalist and even shitter posters on this forum. Let's see what the next two transfer windows bring.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

This is all just speculation man. It's absolute weirdo and freak behaviour to crave for drama like this.

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

There's a lot of assumptions being made here, a lot based on a shit journalist and even shitter posters on this forum. Let's see what the next two transfer windows bring.

Yeah, this is based on if the rift that is spoken of exists obviously, which is the basis for the people that continue to blame Mitchell.

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

This is all just speculation man. It's absolute weirdo and freak behaviour to crave for drama like this.

I think we're ultimately going to have to pick one clear road to go down if issues do exist behind the scenes, which would be getting rid of the drama actually.

32 minutes ago, andycap said:

Yeah but referred to a striker in your tactics post. 

I think a more rounded striker would get our formation a lot more effective. 

A more rounded striker than Isak, FFS. If he is worth say £80-100m. What would a better/more rounded striker cost :lol: 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

I'd rather go the other way and back Mitchell if it's going to be one over the other. There has to be a consistent direction, and I would expect any manager to follow the blueprint. At this point I still think Howe is that man, if he's not then we have to move on. I certainly think we should be past the stage of the CEO trying to win popularity points because he wants to prove a point to some fans by keeping a fan favourite against his better instincts then saying I told you so if it goes wrong.

Edited by TRon