Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

If another week made the difference between Martinez and one of the top targets then I'd wait. 

Don't agree with momentum and positive uplift sentiments when you've got a long term strategy - momentum and positivity will ebb and flow and then you're left with the underlying reality. Look at OGS and the impact he had initially Vs the present.

Unfortunately we're left in a shit position thanks to SB and the horrific start so they may need to be a bit more pragmatic....though hopefully not as far as Martinez :)

I am more convinced that someone like Steven Gerrard walking through the door is the catalyst that we need right now to improve results from the offset. But it looks as though he’s not really been in the running based on what you read because he’s currently in a job

Fuck it, pay/do whatever it takes to get Rafa back, I think he’d keep us up and get a tune out of this shower of shite as he did for several years, especially if backed well in January. I can’t think of many/any who would come in and keep us up right now, that’s how bad it is.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Pretty sure I read a week or so ago that Fonseca was Stavely’s choice so will be interesting to see what happens.

Not sure he is as I think he would have been in already by now. I honestly think they are trying to get somebody already in a job currently. Going to be interesting this week to see what happens.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Pretty sure I read a week or so ago that Fonseca was Stavely’s choice so will be interesting to see what happens.

im tempted to back Fonseca now , out to 8/1 for some reason as he was 1/3 less than a week ago for a reason. Dunno ? 

17 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

That ain't happening like. Not one bit. 

18 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The article or the bit that be seen doesn’t say either way

It actually makes sense for it to be him, being at a Saudi club would make it easier to get him out of his contact, wouldn’t surprise me if he was brought to that club for this very reason, he’s a ready made backup if we can’t get the manager we want 

10 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

It's an article based off a spoof twitter account is it not? 

But there is an air of logic about it. I'm not saying it will happen, but perhaps he could be a back-up / temporary choice, until our first choices realise we are safe from relegation later in the season?

23 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I am more convinced that someone like Steven Gerrard walking through the door is the catalyst that we need right now to improve results from the offset. But it looks as though he’s not really been in the running based on what you read because he’s currently in a job

Gerrard isn’t coming like, he’s got Rangers where he wants them and coming here is a massive gamble which could break his chances of getting the Liverpool job a few years down the line.

Can only see the intro bit of that Times article, but it seems all interviews are done now, thank God. And Staveley has put together her recommendations for a number of key positions to restructure the club, and that is being shared with PIF leadership for their final sign off, and so I imagine this will all be sorted this week. Very interested to see who will be coming in. Big week for the club.

Newcastle United will accelerate the process of appointing a new manager and sports director after the Saudi Arabia-led £305 million takeover of the club. The Sunday Times understands that minority owner and club director Amanda Staveley is due to make recommendations on the dual roles this week to the Public Investment Fund (PIF), the Saudi sovereign wealth fund that holds 80 percent of Newcastle’s shares.

Staveley, whose PCP Capital investment company brokered the controversial takeover, earning a management contract to run Newcastle, has led interviews of a series of candidates for positions central to a plan to restructure the relegation-threatened club into one capable of competing for the Premier League title within five years.

Edited by KaKa