Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Numbers said:

Wonder if we are struggling to get anyone.

Is it normal for clubs to take weeks to appoint a new manager? Whats the usual timescale?

I would say we probably are. Our owners ambition and the type of manager we want to hire have a huge gap between them. 

Any manager of experience and used to success would want to get in to a ready made team ; with all the structure like a good training ground, academy, team mentality, years in Europe.

We have been stinking out the league for years.  We are a project, despite our wealth. Not many big names would look at us until we do something. We need to focus on getting a young manager willing to work on a project and making us appealing again. I am starting to think that the owners were naive thinking money could buy the best. 

No credible manager wants a relegation on their CV, and that's what is potentially there with us. 

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Other than Son and Kane, I wouldn't say lightyears, but the general infrastructure of the club will be.

How many of our players would get into their first XI? ASM and thats it.

1 minute ago, Beth said:

How many of our players would get into their first XI? ASM and thats it.

That's a different argument. Son and Kane are lightyears ahead of anyone in our squad, but the rest of their side is bang average. For example Winks and Hojbjerg are probably at best a midtable pairing, but they're still better than Hayden and Longstaff.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Why is it a worry that he was at the Wigan match? 

If he is not based in the UK, then it could mean he is over here for final arrangements for the next manager. He would not be at St James today if that was the case, so may have took the opportunity to pop and see his old club before meeting for discussions. Probably isn't, just thought maybe a bit suspect he is over here when he's being touted now as favourite for the job. 

So Mandy has had a real baptism of fire and those that said get rid of the old regime on day 1 were perhaps right.  If they bring in Martinez and keeps Jones then I think we will go down as it just going to be more of the same.   A new manager and new coaches need to be brought and all the old ones gone.   Keeping Jones I dont agree with.  This group of players need a total new broom, they need discipline and they need a system that the management believe in.   Jones its clear doesn't believe in changing the style of play of 20% possession football.

Get rid of the lot and in January start to do the same with the players.  Many have been here far too long and are just championship material!

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I've just had a scan of Jones' post match interview, it sounds like he'll be in charge for Brighton.

If he’s in charge for Brighton, then that’s absolutely criminal and absolutely sends the wrong message 

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I've just had a scan of Jones' post match interview, it sounds like he'll be in charge for Brighton.

Does it? He said this:

"I think it needs a fresh face. I think the fans were incredible today. It's not a style of football the fans are accustomed to, we want to attack people, we want to score goals. But this is the stage we're in. "

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Disagree with that, currently there is no manager in charge, so at this moment of time, until there is a new manager, he has to prepare for the Brighton game. He never once implied that he would be in charge.

28 minutes ago, Jordan said:

May aswell start planning for the Championship next season if they appoint Martinez. Would be such a stupid move. 

I think pif have already resigned themselves to the championship.

We have a team that have lost there way, We need to start from the basics again, 

Maybe keeping a couple of the players we already have.

then building for the championship. As at the moment we would struggle in the championship.

We will bring in martinez as non of the big names would touch us with a barge poll at the moment.

its going to take years to build decent facility's and a team to tempt a  decent manager, 

But at the end of the day we now have hope.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Joe_F said:

If Jones still is in charge for the Brighton game its gotta mean we're after someone who's still in a job.

If he is still in charge for Brighton then it shows we don’t really grasp the situation we are in. Time to sort this now.