Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

We are a wet dream for the media at the moment as they can make up any old shit, good to bad, to keep getting clicks. Frustrating for us, as we are trying to latch on to something solid and also needing to see it come to fruition soon. 

Today, this place is going to be a lovely combination of either

- ‘Don’t worry, this is all brinkmanship, Emery is coming, stay calm :cool:

and

- ‘Fucking useless new owners, this is what happens when non football people take over and try and recruit a manager, fucking Howe is rubbish’ 

17 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Sounds like Staveley may have shot her load too early by telling the local journos that this was done, when it doesn’t look that way (sound familiar - Caulkin + takeover?). I really hope this isn’t the first massive fuck up off the new ownership. 

The comments comparing us to Man City’s setup are irritating, like they had the perfect setup 3 weeks after being taken over :dave:

It’s the height of stupidity really, because if Balague is right (and I’m 99% sure he knows what he’s talking about - he’s went from very positive to very negative quite quickly, he’s been told something) all they’ve done is instantly undermine whoever now comes in and piss off the fans. We need someone who can come in and galvanise things, and they’re having the legs cut off from under them before they even get started.

It’s all very shoddy stuff. You can argue about the timescales placed on the search, whether they should have sacked Bruce sooner but this is amateur hour.

1 minute ago, christ said:

It’s the height of stupidity really, because if Balague is right (and I’m 99% sure he knows what he’s talking about - he’s went from very positive to very negative quite quickly, he’s been told something) all they’ve done is instantly undermine whoever now comes in and piss off the fans. We need someone who can come in and galvanise things, and they’re having the legs cut off from under them before they even get started.

It’s all very shoddy stuff. You can argue about the timescales placed on the search, whether they should have sacked Bruce sooner but this is amateur hour.

Sounds to me like Newcastle are trying to sign a new manager whilst the laughing hyenas of the British press follow there every move 24 hours a day and can't wait for them to fail.

Craig Hope's response today will be interesting 

I think the the timing of the club purchase in tandem with with winless streak start is part of the problem here. Whomever comes in has to ride out a load of shit and sort out the club from top to bottom while also trying to ensure by January we are not so knee deep in a relegation battle. Trying to sign genuine first team players you have to look down the list for players who would even want to be here given it might still be a relegation battle, especially if they would be jettisoned once the club could attract the talent it really wants.

That's my negative stance on this on my top coaches may look and think "it's too much of a ball ache, come back when your top 10 stuff and want to improve on that".

I suspect press are clutching every day like I said in my other post, perfect click bait shit this. You can write anyone is coming or rejecting us and it will get attention.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

Sounds to me like Newcastle are trying to sign a new manager whilst the laughing hyenas of the British press follow there every move 24 hours a day and can't wait for them to fail.

Craig Hope's response today will be interesting 

If you’re a journalist you don’t put your credibility on the line and report the stuff about Emery for bantz. They were briefed.

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Aye, that's how I read it too.

Personally speaking, if you gave me a choice of (a) an embarrassing winter of multiple managerial rejections leading to a dream ticket combo of Roy Hodgson and Joe Kinnear relegating us and the Saudis quietly selling us in the summer vs (b) Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce being here in perpetuity, I would still have been considering the positives of (a)

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Wondering who, if anyone, is advising the owners at this point on football matters, or are they just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks? We need to start appointing people in important roles if we want to appear to be a professional outfit.

McParland is meant to have a role but it sounds like that hasn’t been formalised. Fair enough really, as it’s not clear what he’s be doing once we have a DoF and wider structure in place. It probably does mean they’re going it alone though.

And that’s fine. Emery is/was a good choice. Based on that alone they can identify good people. However they’ve dropped a colossal bollock by leaking anything to the media when talks were at such an embryonic stage.

Just now, B-more Mag said:

It's frustrating having our search go on like it is while Spurs flip Nuno for Conte in like...a day. Who knows how it ends up; and we're in a very different situation. But still...frustrating. 

Esp. when they've treated Nuno so shoddily. 'But no, Newcastle reaaally mistreated Bruce y'see, they're the bad guys.'

We managed to attract Rafa under Mike Ashley with ten games to go to certain relegation. He came, and even he stayed beyond relegation.

We are in a magnificent position compared to that, so I am confident we can attract a top manager/coach still - you have to take all the press and Twitter stuff with pinch of salt at moment. We know an appointment has to be soon, it's just so damn under the microscope from the media because of the magnitude of what it could mean based on the money Newcastle could spend with that new manager. The circus will drive us mad until this is sorted.

3 minutes ago, christ said:

McParland is meant to have a role but it sounds like that hasn’t been formalised. Fair enough really, as it’s not clear what he’s be doing once we have a DoF and wider structure in place. It probably does mean they’re going it alone though.

And that’s fine. Emery is/was a good choice. Based on that alone they can identify good people. However they’ve dropped a colossal bollock by leaking anything to the media when talks were at such an embryonic stage.

The whole leak thing bothers me (only slightly). The first few weeks were water tight and only in the last 48 hours has info started to appear. After the numerous failed takeovers, I would have thought that Staveley would have learnt to keep quiet until it was 100% signed, unless this is a crude tactic to apply pressure on Emery for a quicker response.

Either that, or we had received some sort of verbal confirmation from their side that it was happening, and the Emery camp are now fucking us around, for more money and/or leverage. 

6 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

It's frustrating having our search go on like it is while Spurs flip Nuno for Conte in like...a day. Who knows how it ends up; and we're in a very different situation. But still...frustrating. 

I’m sure Conte was lined up quite some time ago and Nuno was a dead man walking 

9 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Spurs had advanced talks with Conte already and knew precisely what we he wanted and needed. So it makes sense how quickly they could come crawling back and offer exactly what he asked of them originally and it be sorted. Here we are trying to interview a range of candidates from the beginning and then compare. That's not as simple or comparable.

Edited by hakka

2 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

The whole leak thing bothers me (only slightly). The first few weeks were water tight and only in the last 48 hours has info started to appear. After the numerous failed takeovers, I would have thought that Staveley would have learnt to keep quiet until it was 100% signed, unless this is a crude tactic to apply pressure on Emery for a quicker response.

Either that, or we had received some sort of verbal confirmation from their side that it was happening, and the Emery camp are now fucking us around, for more money and/or leverage. 

I doubt it's Staveley leaking? Surely agents or even connections to the managers we are talking to?

5 minutes ago, hakka said:

We managed to attract Rafa under Mike Ashley with ten games to go to certain relegation. He came, and even he stayed beyond relegation.

We are in a magnificent position compared to that, so I am confident we can attract a top manager/coach still - you have to take all the press and Twitter stuff with pinch of salt at moment. We know an appointment has to be soon, it's just so damn under the microscope from the media because of the magnitude of what it could mean based on the money Newcastle could spend with that new manager. The circus will drive us mad until this is sorted.

We have no idea as to the strategy PIF are going with moving forward. Could be that they are running us to our means, could be that they are going to go bananas.  Could equally be something in the middle.

Emery will have been privy to more people information than we have so will make a judgment based on that.

If it is just running us within our means it’s a bit of an uphill battle to pull us out of the relegation zone and, to a manager currently in the Champions League, possibly isn’t worth the risk.

Edited by Sima

1 minute ago, hakka said:

Spurs had advanced talks with Conte already and knew precisely what we he wanted and needed. So it makes sense how quickly they could come crawling back and offer exactly what he asked of them originally and it be sorted. Here we are trying to interview a range of candidates from the beginning and the compare. That's not as simple or comparable.

Yeah spurs could also right off the season if they wanted to where as we are in desperation mode as we need to stay up. 

2 minutes ago, Sima said:

Didn’t Balague come out with that shite naming us and how we treat Bruce as an example of horrible abuse?

No wonder he’s branding us a ‘coach eater’.

It could all be lost in translation but I read it as we don’t have structures in place yet, things are probably going to change as we spend/grow so he thinks there’ll be a high turnover in coaches. It was forward looking rather than a comment on what has went previously.