Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I'd take Welbeck. I think he's capable of 10-14 goals if started regularly.

Wellbeck has 41 goals in 198 premier league games, a goal every 268 minutes

In considerably shitter sides, Dwight Gayle has 21 goals in 99 games, a goal every 223 minutes

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I can't help but be totally underwhelmed by the idea of Welbeck. The complete opposite of the proven goalscorer we need.

This

I can't help but be totally underwhelmed by the idea of Welbeck. The complete opposite of the proven goalscorer we need.

This

He's been a bit part player in the teams he's played for, but still has managed to put together a semi decent strike rate. If he were to start 38 games in our team, he'd probably grab around 12 goals. He'll be very frustrating, but will always put a shift in.

Welbeck would be quality, exactly the type of centre forward made for Rafa's system.

Except the scoring and actually making the right decisions in the penalty area sure. I really do question anyone who says this how much they have really watched him play, he's terribly wasteful and consistently makes the wrong decision closer to goal.

He's pretty good in build up play and works hard but personally i don't see why we would want someone like that considering how bad we have been at finishing chances. Would he be better than Gayle etc etc? yeah but so would the large majority of the league tbh.

Also the consistent game time thing doesn't really apply as he played way more than he deserved to under Wenger before they signed Aubameyang.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

May sound weird but I think the pressure of playing for Man Utd and Arsenal gets to him when he's in front of goal. Think at a smaller club, he'd thrive.

He's remarkably consistent really, he hasn't scored goals wherever he's played - Sunlun, Man Utd, Arsenal, Preston, England

Guest firetotheworks

Welbeck would be quality, exactly the type of centre forward made for Rafa's system.

:thup:

My only concern would be his injury record.

Guest firetotheworks

Except the scoring and actually making the right decisions in the penalty area sure. I really do question anyone who says this how much they have really watched him play, he's terribly wasteful and consistently makes the wrong decision closer to goal.

He's pretty good in build up play and works hard but personally i don't see why we would want someone like that considering how bad we have been at finishing chances. Would he be better than Gayle etc etc? yeah but so would the large majority of the league tbh.

Also the consistent game time thing doesn't really apply as he played way more than he deserved to under Wenger before they signed Aubameyang.

*Cough* Zaha *cough*

Good keeper. I think we should just sign Dubravka, promote Woodman to number two and keep Elliot around as third choice.

That would kill Woodman (and potentially us if Dubravka got injured). He needs a full (probably two) seasons out on loan playing week in week out before he'll be anywhere near PL level.

I will say this again. We are not in the market for Welbeck type of players. I heard Wilshere was already on 100k a week and is going to get a price rise to stay, welbeck will be on at least the same. We won't pay that amount in salary, which is probably a wise thing while we are still not a stable force in the PL. Our transfers will come from the smaller leagues around Europe or small clubs in big leagues are promising youngsters domestically.

Good keeper. I think we should just sign Dubravka, promote Woodman to number two and keep Elliot around as third choice.

That would kill Woodman (and potentially us if Dubravka got injured). He needs a full (probably two) seasons out on loan playing week in week out before he'll be anywhere near PL level.

He's made 35 senior starts and he's just turned 21. I don't see much problem with him having half a season at the club and half a season out on loan for instance for a couple of more years.

He's made 35 senior starts and he's just turned 21. I don't see much problem with him having half a season at the club and half a season out on loan for instance for a couple of more years.

Pickford had made 130 by the same age.

We're wasting the lads' key development years with shoddy loans. He's not PL standard yet. Miles off physically and technically, and he's not gonna improve unless he starts playing regularly.

Another year like the one he's just had needs to be avoided at all costs.

This

Aye

I see we're all in agreement here  :lol: