Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Could be something, could be nothing, but.....

A private jet has just landed at Newcastle from France with a single passenger wearing a tracksuit.

Who, if you’ll excuse the generality of it - looks like a footballer.

:lol:

Not sure I'd have him back but do agree 100% with how bad our midfield is and getting a few seasoned vets on the cheap would not be a bad idea all things considering. Ashley won't buy anyone though, especially not someone over 26.

All depends on the wage. Willing to bet even now he could still get an offer better than anything we would put on the table.

No lose for me on a short term deal. Can play in central midfield and his passing range is at worst on par with Shelvey , even if his legs are going 60-70 minutes would be better than what we have . There's also the option of pushing him into the 10 role. We're definitely beggars and we can't be choosers .

Would take him back given our midfield situation.

Would instantly be our best player

If that's the case, why's he available on a free transfer from a club in the UAE Arabian Gulf League?

:lol:

Or are you one of the zombies mike has brainwashed into thinking ki and Diame are nufc standard midfielders

Ki has done ok, and Diame closes down midfields much more effectively than Cabaye would. If want nice passers, we have Shelvey who can do it every bit as good as Cabaye.

Midfield is very fast paced in the Premier, I always thought he struggled to impose himself even in his previous stint here. Not in the technical side, but in the nuts and bolts of closing down players and box to box work.

When did anyone last see Cabaye play?

My opinion is based on when he was here, I wasn't his biggest fan, even though I agree technically he was a good player. Just a bit slow to get about the pitch.