Transfer rumours

Yorkie

*Seinfeld gif*

:anguish:

Was always going to happen when you appoint idiots like Bruce - “clean fucking slate brigade” - there’s a simple reason why Rafa shipped him off

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Another two Bruce can chalk off his list of targets that are definitely his because he’s definitely totally in charge of transfers.

He’s never said that, has he?

Another two Bruce can chalk off his list of targets that are definitely his because he’s definitely totally in charge of transfers.

He’s never said that, has he?

Said he has last say on transfers. As long as it's not "no" of course.

:lol: He's certainly the gaffer when it comes to transfers. Make no mistake. He's stamped his very own mark on this summer it can't be denied.

*Seinfeld gif*

Even if he'd somehow impress in preseason, he's proven over years how utterly shite he is in the Prem. Add to that a huge wage and an age of 30, and there's no other reason than Steve Bruce making him stay. Fuck them both.

He'll be a starter in the months before Bruce get's the bullet as SB will revert to type and the '11 Jack Colbacks attitude' when it's proven he can't manage talented players from overseas.

Shelvey, Colback, Dummett etc will be the cornerstone of his starting 11 at the end.

*Seinfeld gif*

:anguish:

Was always going to happen when you appoint idiots like Bruce - “clean fucking slate brigade” - there’s a simple reason why Rafa shipped him off

Bruce has already managed Colback on a loan spell. If he starts him after seeing him first hand, that will tell you all you need to know about Bruce's managerial nous.

I think it's a good litmus test for any total football charlatan if they 'rate' or are 'impressed by' Colback since he offers absolutely no redeeming features as a player, there is no redeeming quality at all. I can understand a soft spot for a perhaps ineffectual player who occasionally leathers one in or does the odd great pass (looking at you Shelvey) but Colback has nothing. If someone likes him I have to presume

a) they don't actually watch football much and get all their opinions from terrible pundits like Keys etc

b) are so out of it that the only player they recognise on the pitch is Colback cos of his hair and therefore assume he is having a good game

c) haven't paid attention to football for the past 20 years and still think a good midfielder runs around in circles aimlessly while the ball sails over their heads.

I suspect Colback flatters to deceive in Brucie's training as without any intensity his passes may connect and he may get to a player in time to tackle. Unfortuately that is Colback operating at 100% and as soon in a proper premier league game he is absolutely nowhere near the level required. All he does is take the ball, panic, look around then pass the ball 4 feet backwards. And give away dangerous free kicks.

Guest covmag

What’s the net spend so far? Anyone worked it out?

Erm Joe Linton £40m less Jose £30m = £10m?

Who else have we signed? Not counted them kids

bit for joselu and well to throw in?  wages off the bill etc.

So without wages and small fee for the Hoss we have spent £8 million  :lol:

But but Mike has smashed the transfer record  :rolleyes:

I think it's a good litmus test for any total football charlatan if they 'rate' or are 'impressed by' Colback since he offers absolutely no redeeming features as a player, there is no redeeming quality at all. I can understand a soft spot for a perhaps ineffectual player who occasionally leathers one in or does the odd great pass (looking at you Shelvey) but Colback has nothing. If someone likes him I have to presume

a) they don't actually watch football much and get all their opinions from terrible pundits like Keys etc

b) are so out of it that the only player they recognise on the pitch is Colback cos of his hair and therefore assume he is having a good game

c) haven't paid attention to football for the past 20 years and still think a good midfielder runs around in circles aimlessly while the ball sails over their heads.

I suspect Colback flatters to deceive in Brucie's training as without any intensity his passes may connect and he may get to a player in time to tackle. Unfortuately that is Colback operating at 100% and as soon in a proper premier league game he is absolutely nowhere near the level required. All he does is take the ball, panic, look around then pass the ball 4 feet backwards. And give away dangerous free kicks.

Spot on. Little sod hides from the ball too.  Got so sick of seeing us in possession and, rather than make space for a pass, he'd run to the nearest opposition player effectively marking himself out of the game.

Wages off the bill don't count, only future wages. The Ashley way.

Colback isn't fooling anyone by flattering to deceive in training. There are only two plausible reasons why a manager would want him in midfield:

1) He's British

2) The manager is simply clueless

Guest Gonzo

You forgot about Diame. He was on huge wages (relative to this club) as he signed on as a free agent. Not sure who the highest earner was but he was up there with them.

I bet that joelinton was actually 20m plus the rest in unattainable bonuses so we will be in profit. Again

I bet that joelinton was actually 20m plus the rest in unattainable bonuses so we will be in profit. Again

This - plus factor is money still due from Gini, Moussa and Mitro?