Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I thought they had rejected a €5m bid from us last week?

Also, considering he signed for them earlier in the summer, if he allowed to even sign for us?

Yes. Rules are you can only play for two teams in a season.

Murphy for Bowen swap deal would be good - even paying 10m on top.

That would be a good solution.

Also need to sell Saivet, Aarrons, Lazaar, Sterry and Colback.

In a perfect world Muto, Atsu and Gayle would be sold aswell, but all of them needs replacements.

I think Carroll would be a disaster for our football, especially now we have a PFM manager in place who has no idea how to set up a passing team.

Did you see the match yesterday? Second half we played some really good stuff

Do you think that was Bruce or the past three years of coaching drilled by Rafa?

Both. It was drastically different in style/tactics in the second half. Very attacking.

Only 4 teams scored more than us since Rafa was allowed to sign Almiron in January to play in his front 3 of Almiron, Perez, Rondon.

Scored 2+ goals in 6 of our last 7 home games since Rafa built his front 3.

Winning 5 out of 7 of them.

And we were statistically the 7th best side in the league since Almiron signed/With Rafa’s 3 Amigos upfront.

In a perfect world Muto, Atsu and Gayle would be sold aswell, but all of them needs replacements.

I would be happy to keep Saivet as cover if he was willing to stay. He’s not done much wrong, the West Ham game the season before last showed that against mid table and lower team he can do a decent job.

Lazaar you could say hasn’t been given a chance, and again as cover I’d be tempted to keep him. Colback can fuck off. Muto did well in Pre-season, I think he deserves a chance or at least be allowed to stay as cover. Atsu and Gayle need to be upgraded upon.

Ideally we could do with upgrading on all of them, however we all know that won’t happen, so there is a few there who I wouldn’t mind keeping a hold of for cover.

I think Carroll would be a disaster for our football, especially now we have a PFM manager in place who has no idea how to set up a passing team.

Do you think that was Bruce or the past three years of coaching drilled by Rafa?

Both. It was drastically different in style/tactics in the second half. Very attacking.

Only 4 teams scored more than us since Rafa was allowed to sign Almiron in January to play in his front 3 of Almiron, Perez, Rondon.

And we were statistically the 7th best side in the league since Almiron signed/With Rafa’s 3 Amigos upfront.

We also had the most shots on target against Liverpool of any Premier League that played them.

The only boring thing about Rafa were the myths :sleepy2:

I would be happy to keep Saivet as cover if he was willing to stay. He’s not done much wrong, the West Ham game the season before last showed that against mid table and lower team he can do a decent job.

Lazaar you could say hasn’t been given a chance, and again as cover I’d be tempted to keep him. Colback can fuck off. Muto did well in Pre-season, I think he deserves a chance or at least be allowed to stay as cover. Atsu and Gayle need to be upgraded upon.

Ideally we could do with upgrading on all of them, however we all know that won’t happen, so there is a few there who I wouldn’t mind keeping a hold of for cover.

I think Saivet should at least get a look in. Hard given the timescale but presume he is back in training starting tomorrow? Plus we would likely loan him out to a European side so there is a bit more time to take a look before that window closes. Agree with the rest. Looks like Gayle is staying unless its a bit of posturing saying otherwise which is always a possibility.

We also had the most shots on target against Liverpool of any Premier League that played them.

The only boring thing about Rafa were the myths :sleepy2:

If Bruce persists with 3-5-2 you won't see Almiron and Saint-Maximin in the same team.

Needs to play the same way as Benitez.. not having a front 3 of Almiron, Joelinton and Saint-Maximin would be tragic.

Talk of loaning out Manquillo now. That would be madness given his versatility but also form. He looks like our best fullback at the minute (not very high praise in fairness).

Unless they think Sterry is ready to play at this level or we're close to signing this Swedish dude, loaning out 1 of 2 actual right backs in the squad is really dumb. Particularly with Yedlin's struggles and him coming off surgery.

Regardless of Yedlin's fitness, right back is an area we need to strengthen, so I'm pleased we seem to be getting this Swedish lad.

Sterry shows promise, but I'm not sure he's ready.

At nearly 24 will Sterry ever be ready? Maybe a late bloomer, loan makes most sense for him. Keep Manquillo.

Talk of loaning out Manquillo now. That would be madness given his versatility but also form. He looks like our best fullback at the minute (not very high praise in fairness).

I never ever thought I'd see the day this was said. Hes utter utter garbage man. Sad state of affairs when comments like these are made

I never ever thought I'd see the day this was said. Hes utter utter garbage man. Sad state of affairs when comments like these are made

Nonsense.

He's been impressive for a number of months now since replacing Yedlin. He has earned the starting position and should rightfully be there next week; I for one am pleased he's turned it around here after getting off to a poor start.

I've never rated Manquillo and always wondered what on earth possessed Liverpool to buy him all those years ago. I hope we see that side of him but I would still prefer a replacement who can get assists like Jetro's previous seasons / reputation shows

If we're about to keep Yedlin, I hope we doesn't use him as an RB or RWB. He could do a job as a winger, but then again, we don't use wingers...🤷‍♂️

Simply don't see a place for him if we sign Krafth and Manquillo being ahead of him.

It's certainly an indicative of where the clubs at and faith on upgrading that we would be worse of getting rid. utter utter garbage is a bit far fetched mind. Garbage would have been acceptable...but maybe thats due to how low my standards have fallen.