Transfer rumours

Yorkie

The prospect of opening the purse strings for another shit manager like Bruce is beyond infuriating mind.

Ashley really does have the mentality of you go against me you get nothing.

Was always likely to happen but the trust in shite is mad. Nowt make sense to anyone with a brain.

The prospect of opening the purse strings for another s*** manager like Bruce is beyond infuriating mind.

Was always likely to happen but the trust in s**** is mad. Nowt make sense to anyone with a brain.

Yeah absolutely, it's about power games for Ashley clearly gets aroused by "winning" even if he's really losing.

Im sure he thought house of fraser and Debenhams were wins :lol:

Rony Lopes is canny good. Cant see that happening.

He is likely better but still think it would be surprising we would go for him ahead of Bowen or Wilson.

Think we will get that average swedish fella and Charlie Austin then done but wouldnt be surprised if we were done already.

The prospect of opening the purse strings for another shit manager like Bruce is beyond infuriating mind.

Was always likely to happen but the trust in shite is mad. Nowt make sense to anyone with a brain.

Nailed on that mike Ashley would open it up post Rafa. The absolute douche that MA is.

Lean squad? What manager in the history of football has had a specific desire for a lean squad? What a load of shit.

Rafa rotated and kept an eye on players fitness leading to a greatly reduced injury list and players being available and fit.  Bruce is basically just going to run 15 players into the ground.

Say goodbye to our strong second halves of the season.

Guest chopey

Nailed on that mike Ashley would open it up post Rafa. The absolute douche that MA is.

Its all about control with Ashley

Lean squad? What manager in the history of football has had a specific desire for a lean squad? What a load of s***.

Think lots of managers prefer a smaller squad. Hard to keep a bit squad happy

Mourinho for one

Fuck is the plan (!) for CM man? We've a guy that's played 9 games, a guy that was bang average and wanted to leave until the back end of last season, a lunatic, and presumably the younger brother. Oh and Colback obvs.

If Longstaff and Hayden don't maintain their form for the entire season we'll be fucked, unless the other Longstaff is class as well.

Find it amazing a centre mid is never talked about, absolutely crying out for a decent one.

Hayden, Longstaff, Shelvey, Ki and Colback is acceptable if you've absolutely no intention of reaching the top half. Two are capable of being excellent/useful, two are capable of being useful/terrible and one is generally just a shithead. It's not a good situation but it isn't terrible. It'll certainly do for Mike and Steve's operation.

Still looks pretty weak to me. Longstaff is stilll a unknown quantity in reality, seems to have it but still a lot on his shoulders. You know what you’re getting with Shelvey and certainly can’t rely on him for goals. Same goes for Hayden. Think we will really struggle in this area of the pitch without Rafa’s guidance this season.

Never heard of Rony Lopes.

Really? Never seen him play, but noticed his name on the teamsheet quite a number of times for Monaco and he seems to be one of their better attackers.

I would be surprised if this comes through.

Lean squad? What manager in the history of football has had a specific desire for a lean squad? What a load of shit.

Rafa rotated and kept an eye on players fitness leading to a greatly reduced injury list and players being available and fit.  Bruce is basically just going to run 15 players into the ground.

Say goodbye to our strong second halves of the season.

Bruce is renowned for having decent starts and then going on huge winless runs after xmas

Tuanzebe did very well for us - when Bruce left and he started playing at centre back rather than right back, where Bruce always played him (where he struggled).

I'd have liked him to come back to us for another season but we've bought two centre halves already.

Guest Howaythetoon

Brummie, your first season in the Championship with Bruce, I worked in an around Aston probably 10 times that year and we often ended up in a local Villa fans pub once or twice on match days and the majority we come across/talked to seemed not just happy with Bruce, but thought the football was entertaining.

I know you didn’t go up that year and Bruce was eventually peddled, but I know even mackems who said under Bruce the football was good in the main, did you lot actually play decent stuff under Bruce or did it just seem decent enough based on the level and the shite served up under MON?

Or were people too blind to see it was shite?

I think Newcastle’s football under Bruce will be more entertaining than the football played under Rafa, but in a more disorganised and obvious clueless caution to the wind type of way meaning more drubbings and more losses.

I can see some of the more attacking players individually doing better under Bruce and someone like Shelvey being more important to the team. Shape, organisation, defensive solidity and being able to withstand pressure, nullify the opposition and every player off the ball coming together so the team itself performs better than the sum of its parts, however, follows Rafa out the door.

Glad to see you posting Brummie and I for one am happy for you your club is back and looking very healthy indeed, on and off the pitch. I hope you have a good season 👍

Well i for one will be delighted when N'Soko signs in two years time.

He’ll be at someone like Everton or Leicester as first choice by 2021.

Knowing the way we track players, if he doesn't join a big team i bet we go back in, after our next promotion season  :lol:

Well i for one will be delighted when N'Soko signs in two years time.

He’ll be at someone like Everton or Leicester as first choice by 2021.

PSG wante to keep him far as I could tell so I think there'll be other clubs in there before then. Not necessarily from England.

Brummie, your first season in the Championship with Bruce, I worked in an around Aston probably 10 times that year and we often ended up in a local Villa fans pub once or twice on match days and the majority we come across/talked to seemed not just happy with Bruce, but thought the football was entertaining.

I know you didn’t go up that year and Bruce was eventually peddled, but I know even mackems who said under Bruce the football was good in the main, did you lot actually play decent stuff under Bruce or did it just seem decent enough based on the level and the shite served up under MON?

Or were people too blind to see it was shite?

I think Newcastle’s football under Bruce will be more entertaining than the football played under Rafa, but in a more disorganised and obvious clueless caution to the wind type of way meaning more drubbings and more losses.

I can see some of the more attacking players individually doing better under Bruce and someone like Shelvey being more important to the team. Shape, organisation, defensive solidity and being able to withstand pressure, nullify the opposition and every player off the ball coming together so the team itself performs better than the sum of its parts, however, follows Rafa out the door.

Glad to see you posting Brummie and I for one am happy for you your club is back and looking very healthy indeed, on and off the pitch. I hope you have a good season 👍

Hi

Thanks for the nice words :)

In the early days, we were in the championship, we'd just emerged from a spell of - no exaggeration - 5 or 6 years of utterly horrifying bilge. Anything was an improvement. We were playing shit teams, so winning far more. For a while, the loan players he brought in started to click a little and things looked better.

Bruce's problems really emerge when the team is up against it - he starts blaming all and sundry, everyone but himself - the fans, the players, pretty much anyone. He lost a lot of support when he started doing that.

He also played the "some of them will never like me because I used to manage Blues" card, which is exactly what you're going to hear re Sunderland at some point.

What you have to understand about him is that he doesn't really have a football ethos - he is from the MON brand of 'slap them on the back, get them pumped up and send them out there' management. That works to a certain degree, but no further. Beyond that, it really is up to the players to make things happen, because they'll get no tactical guidance from the manager.

The best example of those limitations is what happened in the play off final against Fulham. The contrast between us (barely a shot on goal) and Fulham, a team set up to play in a certain, attacking style, was brutally clear.

The other thing about Bruce is that he's a 'streaky' manager - he'll go on decent winning runs, then launch into a horrific run. I think that's partly because his 'gee the lads up' style tends to mean that his teams are confidence teams - when it is there, they'll do alright, when it's not, it's horrible viewing.

There are worse managers out there, for sure, but he's very much one of the type where, if their team plays some nice stuff, it's mostly because they've stumbled across it themselves rather than through any way the manager has sent them out to play.

Has he brought Steve Agnew with him? His arrival with us (he didn't join when Bruce did) coincided with a slight uplift in attacking menace. If he has come, that's a good sign, a positive.

Has he brought Steve Agnew with him? His arrival with us (he didn't join when Bruce did) coincided with a slight uplift in attacking menace. If he has come, that's a good sign, a positive.

Aye, we only employ people called Steve now.

Cheers for the insight. The only real hope I suppose is that one of the Steves can drill the players on tactics and formations while Bruce does whatever it is he does and it doesn't end up like it did with Carver and Pardew.

Slim hope....