Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Bracing myself here, but imo Fulham and many other sides still don't have as good an 11/squad as us. Sure they're spending big and we should be too, but it's mainly because they had catching up to do in the first place. I feel people think spending big equates to being overtaken by all of these teams, but it's not the case as it wasn't a level-playing field before the transfer window began. We were already at a higher level than a lot of these sides. They have Seri/Cairney, we have Shelvey/Diame (I'd take our duo). They signed Mawson for loads, Lascelles is much better... and so on.

Momentum counts for something though, especially at Newcastle. Once again Mike Ashley has failed to build on a good season, in fact, he's gone a helluva way to destroying this coming season, which is already shrouded in negativity and uncertainty.

Thank God we have Rafa, who is the master at bringing players together and crisis management.

Bracing myself here, but imo Fulham and many other sides still don't have as good an 11/squad as us. Sure they're spending big and we should be too, but it's mainly because they had catching up to do in the first place. I feel people think spending big equates to being overtaken by all of these teams, but it's not the case as it wasn't a level-playing field before the transfer window began. We were already at a higher level than a lot of these sides. They have Seri/Cairney, we have Shelvey/Diame (I'd take our duo). They signed Mawson for loads, Lascelles is much better... and so on.

I suppose you could say Lascelles, Shelvey, Kenedy, Ayoze, Dubravka and Rondon is a good base - that plus Rafa should see us just about survive. But is that all we are? :(

Can imagine the conditions for "spending every penny the club generates" as:

1. the club record transfer fee shall not be broken

2. the club will not pay over 10m for any player over the age of 26

3. there cannot be any players outside the 25-man squad. players have to be sold or loaned out

4. Justin Barnes has veto rights over any transfers

It's impossible to work with such constraints.

3. there cannot be any players outside the 25-man squad. players have to be sold or loaned out

We all know full well they'll come out saying that the money was there for Rafa to spend, it just didn't happen.

Guest alijmitchell

I think I give up this season before we even start. Knowing that Rafa will be away end of season, I can't be bothered to give any time to this club.

Guest ElCid

Douglas saying that no matter what happens today, we will end up with a 8 figure profit :lol:

"Rafa can have every penny the club generates" x 2.

Rafa surely has enough evidence for a constructive dismissal case, should he walk!

Without doubt- I mentioned a while ago that there should be demonstrations in the ground West Ham style but maybe toned down. I’ve changed my mind after the total blatant way of taking the piss by the fat cunt and his utter useless sidekick and the support should demonstrate even more vigorously than the West Ham fans did. Enough is enough the prick is openly taking the piss out of every supporter and could not give a flying fuck if the club goes down or not. Will it happen though - not a chance

Can you imagine Rafa agreeing to such terms when he signed his 3 year deal? I can't. He's been fucked over.

Dubravka £4M

Dummett 0

Lascelles £4M

Clark £5M

Yedlin £5M

Kenedy £2M

Diame £5.5M

Shelvey £12M

Ritchie £12M

Perez £1M

Rondon 2M

Give or take a few mill more than £50M

Banter.

Someone needs to mock that up into a twitter/social media graphic.

Dubravka £4M

Dummett 0

Lascelles £4M

Clark £5M

Yedlin £5M

Kenedy £2M

Diame £5.5M

Shelvey £12M

Ritchie £12M

Perez £1M

Rondon 2M

Give or take a few mill more than £50M

Banter.

Someone needs to mock that up into a twitter/social media graphic.

Yeah saying something like Fulham have spent 30 million more than our entire first 11 cost.

I don't know... it's very easy for the press / Ashley's cronies, to turn around and say "look how well we did creating a premier league 10th finish team with next to no spend". There's a risk people will find it impressive.

Add something in bold in the bottom and say without Rafa we are back in the Championship or something.

I don't know... it's very easy for the press / Ashley's cronies, to turn around and say "look how well we did creating a premier league 10th finish team with next to no spend". There's a risk people will find it impressive.

It's a double-edged sword. What Rafa has done with limited funds IS impressive, but the argument is that we could push on further if the owner had any ambition to do so.