Transfer rumours

Yorkie

To be fair Peters is crap, i really thought our links with him ended after he signed for Stoke.

We are obviously pretty desperate for a left back after stringing along the N'Soki deal for two months.

With hindsight, Ashley will be gutted NUFC have already used up the 2 English league loans. NUFC are now having to actually try to buy squad cover players instead of loaning them. When Lejeune is fit again Ashley will judge NUFC to have 'too many' centre backs on the books (Lascelles, Lejeune, Schär, Clark and Fernandez if his transfer goes through).

I'd rather play kids than sign trash like Pieters who'll just take up a squad spot and then be a pain to shift.

Ashley won't even invest in the academy, and has told Rafa as much.

I'd rather play kids than sign trash like Pieters who'll just take up a squad spot and then be a pain to shift.

Ashley won't even invest in the academy, and has told Rafa as much.

Yes and as thirsty as I am for signings there is a point where the bar is so low I'd rather disengage. Like Klavan and Pieters. If we're shit we're shit.

Guest firetotheworks

Going into 18/19 without the number 10/competition for number 10 that we’ve needed since the moment it was obvious that De Jong was made of papier mache.

What happened to that n’soki bloke we were after

Reports were suggesting he turned us down.

Chronicle reckon we wouldn’t pay the asking price

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rafa-benitez-left-seething-deadline-15008731

However, even the simplest deals have proved to be tough for Rafa.

Stanley N’Soki of PSG has fallen through, again because of the asking price, this time £9million.

Federico Fernández was a straight-forward deal too but Newcastle aren’t keen on paying £10million for the Swansea defender.

As deadline day loomed Benitez asked to sign two players at cut-price in Ragnar Klavan of Liverpool and an old target in Erik Pieters of Stoke City, but again hit a brick wall according to sources close to the deals in Holland and Estonia.

Benitez has laboured the point long enough with three diplomatic Press conferences underlining the need for more players.