Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I am pretty happy with the entire team apart from strikers, it would not bother me one bit if we started the next season with the exact same starting 11 as we closed with but, for the exception of someone who can get on the end of the ball and actually finish the chances the team creates.

(And I never thought I would ever think the above where Paul Dummett is concerned)

Would imply everyone else is just gonna stand still which obviously won't happen.

Given that reality, staying up would be unlikely.

A lot will make stupid buys and appointments and go backwards probably. It's a complete myth that the whole league gets stronger year on year.

We are actually in really good shape, going forward. 2 fullbacks that can hit the forward would be a massive improvement. If we can get Kenedy and Ritchie closer to the forward then we'll benefit.

And whilst I believe we can get £30 million for Mitro, I think he'd be worth more than that to us, if we got those fullbacks.

Him and Peres, I think, could be tremendous together. 16 goals between them in their first season was impressive given their age. Sure we got relegated but the more mature elements of the squad have to take that responsibility. I think both players have since shown the desire that was lacking in their seniors, that first season.

Priority has to be to sign Dubravka and Kenedy. We might get somebody for half the price of Kenedy, but there are few players that offer as much as he does in so many different areas of the pitch. So I'd move heaven and earth for him.

After that I'll be generally happy, and anything extra will be a bonus.

And no I'm not assuming everybody else will stand still, but we have Rafa, and any player here who stands still, will be left behind.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

It'd be a disaster if we start next season with the same starting eleven. I'd imagine we'll have a different manager if that's the case

I am pretty happy with the entire team apart from strikers, it would not bother me one bit if we started the next season with the exact same starting 11 as we closed with but, for the exception of someone who can get on the end of the ball and actually finish the chances the team creates.

(And I never thought I would ever think the above where Paul Dummett is concerned)

Would imply everyone else is just gonna stand still which obviously won't happen.

A lot will make stupid buys and appointments and go backwards probably. It's a complete myth that the whole league gets stronger year on year.

Ferguson used to say if you don't improve you go backwards, it's very naive and borderline delusional of anyone to think if we were only to add a striker to this team that we wouldn't go backwards and very lucky to be anything but contending relegation.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I'd be looking to improve the entire squad. We've probably got four or five players who we should consider good enough for to be starting most games

Full backs are nowhere near a priority.

I disagree. I like Yedlin and Dummett, but we need somebody who can cross the ball consistently, on at least one side.  Our attacks are too predictable, and whilst we create chances that would benefit from a competent finisher, the team would benefit more overall from the added thread of a fullback who can cross. Gives the defence more to think about.

For all his flaws, Manquillo's cross for Peres is what Yedlin has been lacking all season.

The fact that Rafa has given him game time towards the end of the season, suggests he hasn't given up on him. If he can work on his positioning, and learn to play Rafa's game then he could turn out okay.

Ferguson used to say if you don't improve you go backwards, it's very naive and borderline delusional of anyone to think if we were only to add a striker to this team that we wouldn't go backwards and very lucky to be anything but contending relegation.

Just to clarify, I did say team and not squad.

I would still be happy if our starting 11 was the same with the addition of a striker that can score.  We definitely need to strengthen the squad as a whole because everyone who commented saying that our players will get worse is maybe half right.  Some will get worse as they are coming towards the end of their useful career, others are likely to continue to improve.

We do need better cover at full back than the cover we currently have.  Also in my current starting 11 I am including Kenedy, by no means guaranteed to be with us next year.

Diame has always got the potential to become the Diame that we all hated and so a good cover for him is a must.  Hayden and Merino are still on the improvement curve and must improve considerably before we can rely on them week in week out.

Nah, not for me. I'd sell Manquillo, make Yedlin sort of a second choice RB behind an upgrade. Also sign another LB; if Dummett gets injured we have no cover.

On what I've seen, I'm inclined to agree. But I think Rafa believes in him.

Nah, not for me. I'd sell Manquillo, make Yedlin sort of a second choice RB behind an upgrade. Also sign another LB; if Dummett gets injured we have no cover.

We should be looking at upgrading on both tbh.

I'm happy with Dummett for the time being. Defensively he's absolutely sound. Offensively...well, not great. But for now he's fine. If things go okay in the summer and the club progresses next season, then I think we should look to upgrade on him.

:lol: So we've decided to pretend there will be transfers again? Cool, I'm in.

We need a striker. I can't wait to see who we bring in.

We are getting 5 new players man.  :lol:

[emoji38] So we've decided to pretend there will be transfers again? Cool, I'm in.

We need a striker. I can't wait to see who we bring in.

We are getting 5 new players man.  [emoji38]

[emoji38] Get the fuck outta here with this shit, man. We're getting nothing in abundance.

We should be looking at upgrading on both tbh.

I'm happy with Dummett for the time being. Defensively he's absolutely sound. Offensively...well, not great. But for now he's fine. If things go okay in the summer and the club progresses next season, then I think we should look to upgrade on him.

He's had a good 3-4 months like but there's been glimpses of the old Dummett the last month.