Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon

After starting really well, he got that injury, then when he was fit again, never really played and fell off the face of the earth. Yet another player with a baffling existence at the club. Sign, vanish, sell at a loss.

Disappointed by this as I thought he was maybe one for the furture after his first mixed season here. 

Sigh. 

Same, seems stupid to sell and stupid for him to want to go when Rafa is here to improve him.

We just dunno whats going on, we dunno if rafa is going to sign that contract yet ??? Bah Ashley and Co.

I still think Hayden has potential as well, just looking a bit thin on the ground now. A top CM signing would make things look a lot better, we’re basically relying on two players building on the best season of both their careers.

Guest reefatoon

Why do people keep writing off Diame already? The lad has really turned himself around with a new fitness coach etc, and it is really showing. I am sure it will last longer than 6 months.

Why do people keep writing off Diame already? The lad has really turned himself around with a new fitness coach etc, and it is really showing. I am sure it will last longer than 6 months.

People really struggle to change their first impression of a footballer and always want to revert back to it.

Unless he gets injured, then we've got nobody to cover. I think that's the point.

I've always wondered if there was more to his injury (back injury, wasn't it?) than was made out.

He was playing and doing well until the injury, then struggled to get back in the team, despite the team form around new year.

Always wondered if the injury was worse than let on, and Rafa / the medical team didn't have confidence in him completing matches.

Anyway, disappointing of he does go, as he looked decent when he first arrived.

I'm not writing him off, I'm just saying that the form he showed last season was the exception rather than the rule. Of course I hope he can continue in the same way, just saying it would be a big risk to rely on it. Especially alongside Shelvey, who also had an exceptionally good period of form.

Guest chopey

If Rafa sanctions these deals then I'm ok with it, if he hasnt then he'll leave anyway, however I still feel Rafa has convinced Ashley to spend this summer and I think we'll break our transfer record a few times over the next few weeks.