Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Pretty good at the outgoings though

This is a very unfortunate sale. He's class and will soon enough be wanted by big clubs. Can't blame him one bit for leaving though.

If he was taller, he would be an excellent centre back but he's much more suited to the continental game where teams try and play football.

For Rafa, he's one of the few players we can get some money from.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/uncomfortable-truth-newcastle-uniteds-transfer-14780261.amp?__twitter_impression=true

"Newcastle United are yet to make a single bid for a new face this summer - despite the fact that pre-season training starts in just 19 days time"

Anyone genuinely surprised? I'm not. Ashley playing us all for fools, once again.

Guest firetotheworks

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/uncomfortable-truth-newcastle-uniteds-transfer-14780261.amp?__twitter_impression=true

"Newcastle United are yet to make a single bid for a new face this summer - despite the fact that pre-season training starts in just 19 days time"

Lee Ryder has that saved as a template with "summer/winter (DELETE AS APPROPRIATE)" in red along with 2 red XXs where the 19 is.

I'm grateful for this wee bit of World Cup fever because I don't have a scrap of NUFC-based optimism atm, like.

It doesn't seem remotely likely that we'll sign anyone without first shipping out a load. Perhaps selling Mbemba and Merino will enable one or two incomings, but we're only looking at like-for-like squaddie replacements. Are we seriously waiting until the Mitro auction concludes before signing anyone who will actually improve the team? Appalling attitude and I can't believe Benitez would put up with that.

It's particularly galling when all three of those players are varying degrees of likeable.

Just feels like bloody stalemate at the moment and the World Cup is basically just in the way. Such a nonsense.

I'm grateful for this wee bit of World Cup fever because I don't have a scrap of NUFC-based optimism atm, like.

It doesn't seem remotely likely that we'll sign anyone without first shipping out a load. Perhaps selling Mbemba and Merino will enable one or two incomings, but we're only looking at like-for-like squaddie replacements. Are we seriously waiting until the Mitro auction concludes before signing anyone who will actually improve the team?

It's particularly galling when all three are varying degrees of likeable.

:thup:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Rather we signed a striker that scored goals, tbh.

Would you rather lose 2-1 every game but the striker scored?

It doesn't seem remotely likely that we'll sign anyone without first shipping out a load. Perhaps selling Mbemba and Merino will enable one or two incomings, but we're only looking at like-for-like squaddie replacements. Are we seriously waiting until the Mitro auction concludes before signing anyone who will actually improve the team? Appalling attitude and I can't believe Benitez would put up with that.

It's particularly galling when all three of those players are varying degrees of likeable.

Just feels like bloody stalemate at the moment and the World Cup is basically just in the way. Such a nonsense.

The fuck would the plan have been had Mitro not banged them in for Fulham then? :lol: :undecided:

Hardly a surprise when they can't persuade the manager to sign an extended contract. They are already preparing for life without him in a year's time.

Hardly a surprise when they can't persuade the manager to sign an extended contract. They are already preparing for life without him in a year's time.

Ashley is going to be sitting on 2 years worth of PL mega cash by then (17/18 and 18/19), so as you say it'll make sense that he'd have calculated that Rafa keeps us up on the cheap this year in 18/19 with a low net spend. Rafa then leaves, Ashley gets a cheapo manager in (saves more money, win for Big Mike), and then for 19/20 Ashley can again gamble by not spending much. However if we're at panic stations by January 2020 he'll have ample cash to throw at whichever yes man is in the role like he did with McClaren should it be required.

If the gamble pays off then Ashley will have 3 years worth of mega money PL cash whilst still showing losses in the accounts due to creative accounting. All the while the free advertising of Sports Direct continues, as does all of NUFC's retail and merchandising sales being channelled through Sports Direct in return for a tiny percentage of the sales. Plus the few million paid to Sports Direct for fees for who knows what. Plus his mates getting on the NUFC payroll (or probably being paid through accounts receivable as contractor invoices). Plus whatever assets he can strip - did he go ahead with the land sale adjacent to NUFC (the car park iirc), and did the club get the proceeds for that sale?

His appeal is completely lost on me, like. His best performances looked average to me and he didn't shine in a really awful team.

Totally agree, he's done nothing, hell I don't even think he's 3 times the player Joselu is, which is what his price tag suggests.

honestly be gutted if rondon was our main striker signing like

1 season getting relegated and then 2 seasons of barely playing. I guess we could have made a bit of a profit but it wasn't going to be much if anything.

Hope we've got a sell on clause though as Porto usually make a canny wedge from their sales

His appeal is completely lost on me, like. His best performances looked average to me and he didn't shine in a really awful team.

Totally agree, he's done nothing, hell I don't even think he's 3 times the player Joselu is, which is what his price tag suggests.

Are you expecting someone more exciting?

Are you expecting someone more exciting?

yes :lol: