Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Why do you guys always fantasize about the player being the worst possible player with us? What is that all about? :lol:

because pretty much every whizkid we've ever touched has turned to absolute shit as long as i've been watching us :lol:

Just another thing Rafa is going to turn around for us then  ;)

Why do you guys always fantasize about the player being the worst possible player with us? What is that all about? :lol:

because pretty much every whizkid we've ever touched has turned to absolute shit as long as i've been watching us :lol:

Just another thing Rafa is going to turn around for us then  ;)

if rafa wants him i'm in like, fully expect the kid to be lifting the WC in 4 years time

It's all dependant on incomings. 10m seems too low. Give us 15 and he can go.

He's worth 15m to Stoke if he gets them promoted.

While we are on, give their number 10 a nudge in the other direction .

Glad the WC is on because NUFC's summer is abysmal so far. To outsiders nothing is wrong but once again we find ourselves in a fabulous position to press on and try to build something and we're happy to do absolutely fuck all with it. They're determined to keep positivity and expectations as low as possible.

Most of the transfer rumours we are hearing so far stink of agent bullshit or clubs using our name.

I've seen very little that sounds realistic and the club seem desperate to distance themselves from rumours via Lee Ryder.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d rather give them Joselu back than sell them Gayle who although is never going to be a 15-20 a season man at this level, he has the pace, energy and attitude to play and contribute in the system Rafa wants us to and to a meaningful effect, ideally from the bench. With better finishing last season, he could have bagged himself 8-10 league goals easily which would have been a fantastic return.

I’d only sell Gayle if we got silly money for him and we spent it to improve other areas or put it towards someone much better in his position.

It’s looking likely that Mitrovic will leave and that would leave us with Joselu and Perez as our main forwards, if we were to also peddle Gayle. Sorry, but that would weaken us massively.

He’s another in a long list of average or limited players on our books who ideally we would replace and improve on, but given our reluctance to splash the cash to do that, we cannot afford to get rid of players that alhough not the best, have the right kind of attributes that fit how we play and can kind of be relied on to at least contribute.

We have far more nothing players we need to get rid of or should look to do so and Joselu is one of them for me given he is a striker. He brings nothing to our team other than a good attitude, a level of work rate and some physical presence but that’s not good enough and based on such attributes, shouldn’t keep him out our club.

Gayle has pace, is hard working, gets into good positions and can score goals if fit and confident with a decent supply of service. He gives us options on the counter or out wide and he’s young enough and professional enough to improve under Rafa even if it’s a marginal improvement.

If we were to say sell him for 10m we would struggle to find a like for like for the same price and that’s the way I’d look at his role at the club.

The only way I’d sell is if we used the money from his sale towards funding a much better player.

It’s a sad state of affairs where we probably have to look at selling him to generate extra funds to strengthen because Gayle is a decent option on the bench even if we had prime Shearer up front.

I know it was one game, but I thought finishing aside, his performance at home to Arsenal was brilliant, his running, pressing, positioning and selfless attitude enabled us to play the way we did which we had to in order to beat them. Remove him from that game and stick in Joselu and I couldn’t see the same end result.

KEEP, KEEP, KEEP!

Guest Howaythetoon

If we sell him for 10m, would be be able to sign a better player for the same money?

I don't think so

Not in today’s market. Didn’t we actually pay that for him or slightly more? Using the admittedly stupid and crazy market today, he should be worth a good few million more after scoring 20 + in the Championship and helping his team to a top 10 finish in the PL.

I rate Chelsea’s Abraham who is being touted at 20m + and although he has more attributes than Gayle and is a more rounded player with far more potential, if you were a Championship club, a newly promoted PL club or even a mid-table club, you would probably bank more on Gayle doing the business for you than the Chelsea man at current.

He would get 20 + goals for Stoke if fit, confident and gets a decent service as he did for us which could be the difference between automatic promotion, the playoffs or missing out altogether and that for me would value him at 20m even at that level. In fact he’s probably worth more at that level as daft as it sounds because he can improve the chances of someone going up massively even at an average team.

Stupid money I know as he’s not worth that as a footballer because again he’s average and limited, but he’s easily worth that in terms of the bigger picture if he scores the goals that gets you into the Premier League or keeps you in the Premier League.

If it’s 10m then sorry, but that wouldn’t buy you a like for like and his goals, assists and overall contribution last season helped keep us up and his goals in the Championship helped take us up. He’s worth more than that to us even off the bench surely?

Guest Howaythetoon

£10m for a striker who's worth half a dozen goals in the Premier League? Absolutely.

Or to a Championhsip team whose goals could take you up and keep you up? He’s worth 15m + IMO, easily!

£10m for a striker who's worth half a dozen goals in the Premier League? Absolutely.

Or to a Championhsip team whose goals could take you up and keep you up? He’s worth 15m + IMO, easily!

He probably is but if it's a deal breaker and means we're stuck with him as first choice because of squad registration limits, just take the £10m.