Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Kenedy was massively influential to the team as a whole though. His work rate helped out Dummett loads for starters. He will be sorely missed unless we somehow manage to get him back in the fold for next season.

Yep, he worked hard generally, but him being out wide on the left took a load of pressure off Dummett like none of our other wingers were capable of doing. Atsu and Ritchie are nowhere near the same type of player, you need far more from your full backs when they are in the side. I really think it will be hard to find a replacement if we don't sign him. Townsend's not a bad option, but he hasn't got anything like the explosive pace or power that Kenedy brought.

Guest neesy111

Keeper alone wouldn't have kept us up. It puts teams on the defensive having players like Kenedy and he can carry the ball.

That, and also massively making the team more balanced as teams just doubled up on Ritchie a lot hence his poor form.

Kenedy wasn't the difference between looking like a team that's relegation fodder and comfortably mid table like. That was Dubravka.

No way. They both were equally as important. Dubravka brought a sense of organisation and safe hands to the back, Kenedy was our outlet to carry forward and give our less gifted players more space and time to perform.

It was a number of things surely, obviously Ken and Dubs were a massive factor but even Slimani's arrival made Perez and Gayle pick up. Chuck in Diame turning into Superman after lascelles dig in the chops, also the return Lejeune from injury was a superb piece of timing. Think it's a bit to simplistic to say it was Ken and Dubs that turned it all around, although they were definitely the catalyst.

Kenedy was massively influential to the team as a whole though. His work rate helped out Dummett loads for starters. He will be sorely missed unless we somehow manage to get him back in the fold for next season.

He’ll be back on loan for another season.

The overall improvement in so many players was quite remarkable; basically everyone to a man upped their game considerably. The only ones that didn't, imo, were Lascelles - cos he was excellent throughout - and Yedlin, who was fairly mixed all season.

But the main instigators were Dubravka and Kenedy... so to not replace the latter would be absolutely criminal tbh. Atsu and Murphy are both way, way behind his ability.

If we got him - even on another loan - as well as Townsend and a significant striker upgrade, we're laughing. Then we're only some CM competition away from basically doing everything we need to do.

Even just a little bit of investment would do wonders for the side. So fucking frustrating.

The overall improvement in so many players was quite remarkable; basically everyone to a man upped their game considerably. The only ones that didn't, imo, were Lascelles - cos he was excellent throughout - and Yedlin, who was fairly mixed all season.

But the main instigators were Dubravka and Kenedy... so to not replace the latter would be absolutely criminal tbh. Atsu and Murphy are both way, way behind his ability.

If we got him - even on another loan - as well as Townsend and a significant striker upgrade, we're laughing. Then we're only some CM competition away from basically doing everything we need to do.

Even just a little bit of investment would do wonders for the side. So fucking frustrating.

Yep, agree entirely.

It's astonishing how much work we have to do in this transfer window.

When was the last time we had genuinely good transfer window?

I actually reckon we're in good shape bar 2/3 incomings. Maybe I'm overly optimistic about our current squad though... I also think we'll get the business done. I must be mad.

I actually reckon we're in good shape bar 2/3 incomings. Maybe I'm overly optimistic about our current squad though... I also think we'll get the business done. I must be mad.

Is that enough for Rafa?

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I will pray for you

Is that enough for Rafa?

said it before, it's the quality that matters...he got us to 10th with a strikerless team

get him a quality striker, probably a better number 10 and maybe another winger then loan a couple and we'll be a different side imo

and i think rafa would take it, i think he's probably at the point (as am i) where he'll see that fewer signings for more money will do us more good than more signings for less money

Is that enough for Rafa?

Hope so, cause I don't think we'll be much more active than that. Rafa is so calculated in his approach, even 1/2 additions of quality could see huge improvements :thup:

Aye. If Mitrovic goes for £20m, we should bid that amount immediately for Kenedy. We keep getting linked with Sturaro from Juve, he could be a potential CM for us. Just a striker on top of those other 2 I think we'll be fine with, we created more than enough chances in games. The run from February-mid April where we secured safety we were defensively solid, mostly. We could not sign a CM and get a full back or centre half instead tbf.

That's only 3 bloody signings. Just 1 is looking like a pipedream now though, while clubs around us are either starting or are midway through their business. :lol: What a fucking joke.