Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Being realistic/hopeful, and doing some watching of the old YouTube stuff and further research I’d love us to just go all out for:

Trippier

Ake

Lingard

Romeu

Saar

Martial

I could come up with other alternatives, but I think decent money thrown at those clubs/players for those players we could certainly attract/temp them. It’s not just about the immediate first-team also, but about the squad too. They would all walk into our XI right now you’d imagine, however.

Stay up then I’d look to off-load the dead wood and bring in a top ‘keeper, a dominant centre-back, a playmaking ACM/false 9 and a genuine right winger. And a decent back up striker. 

Edited by HTT II

Trippier, Ake, Saar, and a really solid CM would easily see us safe and possibly even pushing up the table a bit.

I think even just two new CMs (if they hit the ground running and play well obviously) and nothing else would see us safe too. That's where the majority of our defensive problems start from.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'll be very supeised to see relegation rivals sell key players to us, unless their contract is nearly up.

Watford may see a a big sale as a good deal given they may need that money if they are relegated. Money talks. 

On 15/12/2021 at 19:57, Yorkie said:

Isn't it basically very good but for Ibe and Solanke? I'll very hopefully pin @cherryred but will assume he's long gone. :lol:

Howe's record is patchy but I would generally say the stick he gets for bad deals is unfair. Brooks, Ake, Wilson, Ramsdale, Danjuma, Lewis Cook, Josh King, Lerma are all notable signings made under Howe for little money who've proved to be good.

3 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Have players coming from abroad had to isolate for 10 days?

Not if they are vaccinated if the rules stay the same. Need PCR tests before and after arriving, but no need to quarantine. 

5 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Am I the only one who thinks we desperately need someone who can play on the right and lessen the burden on ASM?! 

I felt our attacking players aside from backup for Wilson were okay, but after Leicester on Sunday I agree. Lingard would be ideal.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

BT Sport studio were saying it's the defence we need to sort first. If I could swap the two CBs or the two CMs first, I'd swap the midfield.

Definitely. The defence would look no where near as bad if the midfield could do the basics.

Just now, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Dunno like. Lascelles has one or two tricks up his sleeve that can make the back 4 look horseshit. 

With a proper midfield though, he doesn’t get exposed as much to make the ricks. I’d still replace him but if the choice was replace the midfield or defence, it would be the midfield everyday for me. 

56 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

BT Sport studio were saying it's the defence we need to sort first. If I could swap the two CBs or the two CMs first, I'd swap the midfield.

Partially right, it's the DEFENDING, as much as purely the defenders themselves. You can have a great defence, if Its those 4 or 5 against an attacking g 11....they're fucked.

1 hour ago, cherryred said:

Howe's record is patchy but I would generally say the stick he gets for bad deals is unfair. Brooks, Ake, Wilson, Ramsdale, Danjuma, Lewis Cook, Josh King, Lerma are all notable signings made under Howe for little money who've proved to be good.

We tried to start a "Lerma to the Toon" rumour earlier in the week - is he still playing well?

13 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:
1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Easily

Typical lazy punditry really. Concede loads of goals = they need a better defence. Aye one or two upgrades would certainly be welcome but the issue is very much systemic. The midfield offers little to no protection and provides no sustained support in an attacking sense to relieve pressure. 

But for the infuriating moments where we decided to handicap ourselves yet a-fucking-gain, I actually thought that was one of our best defensive performances of the season and everyone put in a good shift in that sense. Even Ritchie had a good game. 

8 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I felt our attacking players aside from backup for Wilson were okay, but after Leicester on Sunday I agree. Lingard would be ideal.

I just think we're woefully imbalanced and have been for a while.

Having someone who poses a legitimate attacking threat on the right alongside ASM on the left would surely make a world of difference to our play.