Transfer rumours

Yorkie

18 hours ago, Manxst said:

Daniel Engelbrecht, Stuttgarter Kickers: The striker collapsed on the pitch against Erfurt but returned to the professional game aged 24 after 17 months, against numerous doctors' advice. 

He scored against Wehen Wiesbaden, becoming the first footballer to score with a defibrillator. However, he retired in 2018 to move into coaching when he found out the device had brought him back to life three times.

This is mad. 

31 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I’m against Lloyd Kelly purely on the basis that he sounds like he’s super middle class and a total soft lad. Darling, what should we call the child? Oh Lloyd! surely Lloyd! Fuck off 

Or a super middleweight on the undercard of a Mick Hennessy Promotion. 

It’s a bold transfer strategy, id also throw in no double barrelled names either.

Hard pass on Trent Alexander-Armstrong for me.

Edited by JeffJ

10 minutes ago, JeffJ said:

Or a super middleweight on the undercard of a Mick Hennessy Promotion. 

It’s a bold transfer strategy, id also throw in no double barrelled names either.

Hard pass on Trent Alexander-Armstrong for me.

I don’t know - would be happy with Calvert-Lewin, Hudson-Odoi, Smith-Rowe or Alexander-Arnold.

Edited by Raconteur

7 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I think the Star has had a brain fart with their story linking us to Vlahovic [emoji38]

To be fair, we’ve been linked for a while by various sources, and this week has seen Italian journalists go with us having bid 85m for him. 

8 hours ago, Awaymag said:

ignore the rumours but I must admit Im excited to see who we bring in.   I just hope they move early and quickly!

Going to be hard to attract players mind.....

46831237.jpg

5 hours ago, toon25 said:

Would love to see some of the current lot released: Gayle and Hendrick offer the square route of fuck all for starters.

They've not played a minute under Howe have they?

Can’t wait to see Gayle banging them in for Peterborough, the useless twat 

38 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Just want the league paused now so we've bought 5 or 6 players by mid-January 😆

Excited to see which coups we pull off.

I am setting my expectations low as it's not going to be easy attracting players.  

So, I was told that Trippier was done from a bloke who used to work on the football side of NUFC and now works for another club with a direct link to Howe. I was then told a couple of days ago from someone on the administrative side of the club (a head of) that they didn’t know about Trippier but that we’d offered silly money to Lingaard with a cheap release if we go down.

I get the impression that we’re just going scattergun in the hope we get somewhere. 

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

So, I was told that Trippier was done from a bloke who used to work on the football side of NUFC and now works for another club with a direct link to Howe. I was then told a couple of days ago from someone on the administrative side of the club (a head of) that they didn’t know about Trippier but that we’d offered silly money to Lingaard with a cheap release if we go down.

I get the impression that we’re just going scattergun in the hope we get somewhere. 

I don't get that impression at all. We're in a desperate situation and we need to check all avenues open to us and bring in the best players who are willing to join. No point focusing all attention one player for a position to then be turned down and have to start again. Each position we need to be reaching out to 4-5 targets and gauge the reactions of the player and the club as to whether it could happen or not.