Transfer rumours

Yorkie

57 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

BuT nO1 wIlL sIgN fOr tHe MaGs cOs tHeRyE bOtToM 

That would be one of the most pleasing aspects; the fact that our position wouldn't deter the likes of him. Hopefully our size and potential will shine through despite the immediate battle any new player is going to face. Unless of course there's something we don't know about his character and he's just coming for the payday. 

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Yes, it is true that Newcastle is interested in Kieran Trippier as they say in England and it is true that Atlético is open to negotiating but nothing advanced yet. The parties will have to talk about it

Pretty much yesterdays news. He's up for it, we want him but need to agree a fee with the club. 

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

That would be one of the most pleasing aspects; the fact that our position wouldn't deter the likes of him. Hopefully our size and potential will shine through despite the immediate battle any new player is going to face. Unless of course there's something we don't know about his character and he's just coming for the payday. 

Aye. I don't keep my eye on La Liga, so I've no idea if his career has nosedived and he's gone into full Danny Rose mode. But still.. He's streets ahead of what we have. 

Trippier would be some signing like. A statement of intent, La Liga winner playing for one of the top sides in the world, an England international regular. Get it done!

17 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

We currently have zero players near the England squad, hopefully getting one in soon. Wonder how many we'll have by the time the World Cup rolls around? :lol:

He'll probably be dropped in no time if he joins us. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

14m euros. Reckon we coulddo the deal blow 25m sterling if that's what others este him at. Should calm some folk down at least 

Athletico don't need to sell him though, probably the only reason they would consider it is that he's 30+ and a daft bid would be hard to resist. They turned down Man U's 14m euros after all, we have to make it worth their while.

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

14m euros. Reckon we coulddo the deal blow 25m sterling if that's what others este him at. Should calm some folk down at least 

I get all the arguments about our desperation and unlimited wealth etc, but isn't Trippier's contract up at the end of the season? Seems a bit daft to go straight in with an offer that's actually more than what they even paid for him in the first place. Again, I know, we're desperate, but we could also do without being made mugs of otherwise it'll make life harder in the future. 

8 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

think I read in the mail he is currently out injured with a shoulder injury until Jan lets hope that timescale is accurate as we need match fit bodies ASAP

He was back on the bench on Sunday