Transfer rumours

Yorkie

4 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Wilson out for a month or more. There’s no way they sign a forward who won’t be available until mid February or whenever.

Survival might be out of reach by that point. We’re within clawing distance of the others above us, we need wins and need them straight away.

I agree with this but feel maybe we should be looking for someone in loan with view to but if we stay up and send Gayle it on loan for ready of season.

If we stay up then sell Gayle but keep him if we go down a Wilson and Gayle is a brilliant set of strikers for championship imo 

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

Would be great to see someone of PEA's stature come in, however I would seriously question his desire too.

And availability with afcon now, with Watford getting beat last night and then being it next game on 21st then we seriously need to beat them so get somebody in for then.

4 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Would be great to see someone of PEA's stature come in, however I would seriously question his desire too.

or wanting to impress, new challenge? Be positive man 

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

or wanting to impress, new challenge? Be positive man 

It could work out that way, however his form and general lack of interest currently at Arsenal should undoubtedly be a consideration point. We absolutely cannot have anyone coming in and giving less than everything. At his age, with his accomplishments, money etc. would he really fancy that?

Also, as Gawalls mentions above regarding AFCON; if he's off there then I'd rule him out tbh.

7 minutes ago, Lenny said:

It could work out that way, however his form and general lack of interest currently at Arsenal should undoubtedly be a consideration point. We absolutely cannot have anyone coming in and giving less than everything. At his age, with his accomplishments, money etc. would he really fancy that?

Also, as Gawalls mentions above regarding AFCON; if he's off there then I'd rule him out tbh.

if he’s going to AFCON absolutely, no .

37 minutes ago, GWN said:

if he’s going to AFCON absolutely, no .

He is .

https://www.football365.com/news/unlikely-aubameyang-recovers-arsenal-axe-leaves-afcon-early

Also arteta states he dropped him as he expects a minimum standard of respect and commitment which he didn't deliver.  

Doesn't sound like a great attitude to me.

Edited by Gawalls
Add content

18 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

He is .

https://www.football365.com/news/unlikely-aubameyang-recovers-arsenal-axe-leaves-afcon-early

Also arteta states he dropped him as he expects a minimum standard of respect and commitment which he didn't deliver.  

Doesn't sound like a great attitude to me.

He’s a big name and a great finisher , however we need 100% to get out of this . That said if he was signed I’d be a wee bit excited.

There's no doubt PEA is absolutely class, but we need more than just ability to have a chance of staying up.

We need players with ability, AND mental strength AND something to prove AND if possible, experience. 

It's a massively tall order and there's probably only a handful of players that have that profile. We need to find them, pay over the odds to get them, and keep our fingers crossed we don't get relegated.

1 minute ago, Guybrush said:

There's no doubt PEA is absolutely class, but we need more than just ability to have a chance of staying up.

We need players with ability, AND mental strength AND something to prove AND if possible, experience. 

It's a massively tall order and there's probably only a handful of players that have that profile. We need to find them, pay over the odds to get them, and keep our fingers crossed we don't get relegated.

Mainly agree , however with recent events I disagree now it’s a massively tall order to stay up, we are halfway through the season , I like many others thought we’d be cut away and gone but we absolutely aren’t , string 2 wins together and the whole thing changes .The results have all gone for us , some 10 results or so have ALL gone our way giving us a good sniff to get out of this .

The rest is down to NUFC now 

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

Mainly agree , however with recent events I disagree now it’s a massively tall order to stay up, we are halfway through the season , I like many others thought we’d be cut away and gone but we absolutely aren’t , string 2 wins together and the whole thing changes .The results have all gone for us , some 10 results or so have ALL gone our way giving us a good sniff to get out of this .

What I fear is one bad attitude coming in and derailing the dressing rooms fighting spirit. 

Sounds like he could do this, reading between the lines.

Edited by Gawalls

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

What I fear is one bad attitude coming in and derailing the dressing rooms fighting spirit. 

Sounds like he could do this, reading between the lines.

Agree , I will however not lie and say he would “excite” me if signed .

5 minutes ago, GWN said:

That's a fair point. With our bad start and our bad luck, I lean more towards us going down (but my expectations have been battered for the last 10+ years [emoji38])

I hope we do get a couple of wins and build some momentum.

2 minutes ago, Thorpinho said:

Has it been reported anywhere what PEA actually did to piss arteta off so much? Saw about the late back to training thing, but not much else. 

He got 3 strikes, one was for posting a picture of himself getting a tattoo and just general poor discipline 

The perfect player is very rarely found and isn't coming to us in our situation. ASM & HBA were tagged the same, would you rather they never come here? PEA is a top class footballer. The only concern is AFCON. If we could persuade him not to go then i'd be all over it. If not then its not worth it. I wouldn't sign any African players now especially but in the future due to the competition. 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

The perfect player is very rarely found and isn't coming to us in our situation. ASM & HBA were tagged the same, would you rather they never come here? PEA is a top class footballer. The only concern is AFCON. If we could persuade him not to go then i'd be all over it. If not then its not worth it. I wouldn't sign any African players now especially but in the future due to the competition. 

He’s already there as Arteta let him go early.

ASM and Hatem hadn't just received a £400k a week contract and weren't 32.

I understand people are excited with the names being linked but imagine your captain being frozen out by your club and not being let to train, what kind of example would that set really?

Auba isn't the same player he was a year or 2 ago. There's far better choices in the transfer market. We don't necessarily have to pick the easiest one every time now.

Edited by Menace

Just now, Menace said:

ASM and Hatem hadn't just received a £400k a week contract and weren't 32.

I understand people are excited with the names being linked but imagine your captain being frozen out by your club and not being let to train, what kind of example would that set really?

Auba isn't the same player he was a year or 2 ago. There's far better choices in the transfer market. We don't necessarily have to peak the easiest one every time now.

Hadn't realised he was 32  ffs , it’s a no .

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

He's already gone, arsenal Let him leave early