Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I'm sure our scouting team has done their due diligence on Ramsey.

If he's had such a poor injury record there is every chance we will be getting a good deal for him. Eddie isn't the sort of manager to allow for dead weights in the squad.

He's an extremely intelligent footballer. If we can get 10 games out of him towards the end of this season, we will be a better team for it.

I don't think we should be concerning ourselves too heavily on whether he will feature in 12 months time.

46 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

If Howe and them want Ramsey, I want him, if they don't I don't. I'm just here to enjoy the ride now, if he becomes a Newcastle player I'll be excited to see him, can't really be arsed with anything else. Excited we're trying to improve the squad.

(not criccising others complaining, it's a football forum, but don't know how you have the energy)

This 

4 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

The Benfica fan on here hates Nunez. 

He's scored every 73 minutes this season like so thats impressive to still dislike 

Can’t compare to the ghost of Eusebio. Also, mega farmers league over there. I remember Chelsea fans getting giddy about Mateja Kezman (104 in 120) and Boro fans about Alfonso Alves (45 in 39), both with similarly obscene goal ratios in inferior leagues (Holland in their cases).

Seen nowt of Ramsey for years but it's a proper amateur as fuck signing on paper. I get that we're running on a temporary system at the minute but surely we can identify a less risky attacking midfielder.

Would much rather go for Barkley and even he's a bit of a gamble.

Obviously on his day for Arsenal he was a cracking player like.

16 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It’s just a discussion. It would be insanely boring if no one had any opinions on any player. If they decided to sign Denver Hume would you just say “well if Howe wants him”

Well any player that Howe and the club wants (if it's true anyway) I believe they'll have a plan for, and probably have done a lot more research and that than me into fitness record, motivations etc etc. I've no issue with anyone complaining about it, it's just not for me, and I suppose I don't really get it especially given where we were so recently with signings. 

Howe's decision making on players was patchy at best when he arrived here like (weird lineups), and obviously there's questions over whoever was advising him and I'm assuming they're the same people who will be involved in recruitment now until we get a DoF in?

Edited by Hanshithispantz

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I just don’t get what you mean tbh, you could apply that logic to any signing under Ashley, carr and Nixon are no mugs but people still had opinions.

I don’t feel like people not discussing a signing purely because Ashley isn’t here is healthy for discussion. Having reservations about a player doesn’t mean I want Ashley back, or think Howe’s a mug. 

I think Ashley's approach to signings and the aims of the club were very different so wouldn't look at the same way. 

7 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Howe's decision making on players was patchy at best when he arrived here like (weird lineups), and obviously there's questions over whoever was advising him and I'm assuming they're the same people who will be involved in recruitment now until we get a DoF in?

Didn't he just come to a club that was stuck playing a certain way tho with poor fitness levels and no motivation. If Clark and lascelles etc were at 60% fitness when he came imagine what the lads like fede who hadn't played all season were like. It was never going to be instant changes with howe coming in his goal would have been to get some sort of team fitness and mentality together for January which he has done successfully. His decision to dump Clark and play a back 4 was always going to be gradual but now we look back in hindsight it was obvious and he would probably say the same in hindsight. 

4 minutes ago, Shak said:

Botman seems like the kind of signing we should be making. You're hopefully getting a player who'll develop into a cornerstone of the team for the next decade.

I get the idea behind signing Trippier and Ramsay of course, players who can hit the ground running and hopefully keep us up. I'd definitely prefer a bunch of FM-tastic wonderkids though :lol:

Yeah, I think Trippier makes complete sense because he's got leadership qualities which we really need, and he knows the manager and his expectations completely. 

Ramsey is a big worry fitness wise, but if they have any kind of assurances over that, then it would be a very solid move. However, if he just came over and then got injured it would be a disaster.

Peak Ramsey is well in the distance from everything I've seen and read. He used to be very very good, as good as any CM we've had for decades at his peak tbh. I've just not seen enough of that recently enough to justify signing him. Put whatever his wage would have been into signing someone who's still hungry and wanting to perform. 

Just feels like dead money spending it on him right now. 

My 6 signings going off all the rumours I’ve read so far would be -

Trippier

Botman

Rodon (loan)

Kamara

Fofana

Cabral or Jovic (loan)

I can’t recall seeing a decent LB linked but if one’s available I’d possibly swap Fofana for one.

On the striker front I’d be happy with a loan if it meant we go all out for a Vlahovic / Isak type signing in the summer. Big no to a Ramsey or Dembele type signing from me (though I do type that with a wry smile, as it would have been laughable to suggest them a few months ago).