Transfer rumours

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

From football Italia

Despite an initially negative response and competition from Newcastle United, Milan have another meeting with Lille for Sven Botman lined up.

The centre-back is on the market for circa €30m in the January transfer window and will turn 22 later this month.

He was picked up from Ajax for €8m in 2020, but has already tripled his transfer value in 18 months.

According to Sportitalia transfer pundit Rudy Galetti, there is another meeting planned between Milan and the Lille directors to discuss Botman’s situation.

He remains the first choice for Rossoneri legend and current chief Paolo Maldini, who knows a strong defender when he sees one.

Botman has made 16 competitive appearances for LOSC so far this season, scoring one goal and providing one assist.

Newcastle United are prepared to spend big for Botman in January, but Milan hope they can convince Lille to accept a loan deal with option or obligation to buy instead.

Milan have some pretty shrewd data kids in charge so the fact they are after him bodes well. 

I'm not hugely concerned by this. There's no major benefit for Lille in taking a loan so I'd be surprised if they agreed.

Edited by Thiago

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Pretty sure that Rudy Galleti is another one of those ITK accounts, that actually knows fuck all.

Crams his tweets full of cringeworthy emojis and bullshite. 

Whopper dropped a few clangers about our next manager so totally debunked.

I'm on the fence with Botman. He' d be a big statement signing and no doubt good in the long term, but I can't help but feel a CB from the French league will requite patience and an adjustment period. We don't really have that luxury at the moment.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I'm on the fence with Botman. He' d be a big statement signing and no doubt good in the long term, but I can't help but feel a CB from the French league will requite patience and an adjustment period. We don't really have that luxury at the moment.

Any CB will take time to form a partnership. Even Tarkowski whose effectiveness for Burnley is down to his understanding with Mee. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fair points and I’ve thought the same. However, not sure what the alternatives are from PL, I’m far from convinced by Tarkowski lately, unless he’s playing for a move.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He can't be worse than Ciaran Clark, although I take your point, there is a risk with settling time.

4 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Why would anyone hope we stay clear of Pogba?

I always got the impression he enjoyed his football in Italy more. If he's moving to England it's usually just the money.