Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

2 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Do we think there's a chance the last game could be moved to SJP? Especially if there's a chance we could lift the trophy?

Nah, far too late now. They’d want a few weeks to sell the tickets to get a decent crowd in.

Plus they’d probably have to change the actual date of the fixture given we’re playing Spurs at home that weekend.

17 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Starting to think I'd better get my ticket for the last game in advance, was getting on for feeling full yesterday

Might they not transfer it to SJP ?

("Might they not" just sounds so wrong for some reason)

22 hours ago, OpenC said:

Starting to attract the glory hunters / bounty hunters. This lad's not even from Newcastle

I'm not sure if showing up to a 3rd level women's game could ever be described as being a glory hunter. I would imagine the team would be happy bringing in as many as possible right now.

:lol: I was just joking man

I have no idea who it is or where he's from but the character he's dressed as is definitely not from Newcastle, and the 'hunter' thing was too good a chance to pass up :lol:

Edited by OpenC

2 matches in the league this evening, both currently 8-0 in the 80th odd minute. Wolves away at Stourbridge, Burnley at home to bottom club Flyde - the latter result helps keep the Newcastle-Huddersfield match live a week on Sunday. Forest and Burnley still have 2 games before we play - Forest need to win both (they play Stourbridge and 2nd bottom Huddersfield), Burnley need at least 4 points (one is against Huddersfield), if neither of those happen, then the title will be sewn up before kick off.

Burnley won 9-0 to move into second.

Edited by Paullow

Came across this on SM. Looking at the teams it’s probably not a particularly high-standard league (tho Sheff Wed are in there) and I don’t know of the particular circumstances of this team, but this is insane 😂

IMG_0609.thumb.jpeg.e288bac48f16bb2e9b0c8fac672b9728.jpeg

Rossington Main is in Doncaster, I think they have a good relationship Doncaster Belles.

I believe it is classed as the largest village in the U.K.

16 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Wasn’t sure which thread to post the question so went for this one.

Whats everyone’s thoughts on FA not charging Emma Haynes for her conduct at the weekend?

Absolute bollocks. 

3 hours ago, SteV said:

Came across this on SM. Looking at the teams it’s probably not a particularly high-standard league (tho Sheff Wed are in there) and I don’t know of the particular circumstances of this team, but this is insane 😂

IMG_0609.thumb.jpeg.e288bac48f16bb2e9b0c8fac672b9728.jpeg

Big fan of Penistone Church Women.

Forest and Burnley both won, so as you were at the top. Both play on Thursday. If Burnley lose and Forest don't win (both unlikely) then they title will be secure, but if neither of those happen then Newcastle can secure the title on Sunday with a win at home to Huddersfield.

Just bought my ticket in advance for the first time, main stand was getting on for full last time so didn't want to miss out.  

Might even have to consider a season ticket next year, I can't imagine it'll be shockingly expensive, and I'm hopelessly addicted to nonleague Saturday and toon lasses Sunday. I'm not sure I'm even that bothered about the men's team any more :lol:

Definitely going for the season tickets next season. I understand your addiction to Sunday's. My only worry next year is clashes due to Europa league qualification. If we make it we will play on a Sunday after every European round. Would love to think the women move to a slightly earlier time to avoid playing at the same time. There must be plenty like me who go to both games. The men would come first but it's definitely getting closer. 

Burnley scored in the 98th minute, pretty much the last kick of the game, to beat Halifax 2-1 and move to within 7 points, so the title can't be won without kicking a ball, but the situation remains that if Newcastle beat 2nd bottom Huddersfield on Sunday, who have only taken 8 points from their 18 games, the title will be secured.

Edited by Paullow