Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

In the Southern League Plymouth have done similar, coming from 2-0 down in the final 10 minutes to be level with Hashtag United, who we play in the Cup final, and who are 2nd in the League.

It means that Hashtag United are 5 points behind Portsmouth, having played a game more.

More importantly though it means that Plymouth are virtually safe from relegation.

Fantastic win, and just about there. Only 7 points needed from final 4 to mathematically secure the title, and possibly not even as many as that. Some nice fixtures too.

3 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Fantastic win, and just about there. Only 7 points needed from final 4 to mathematically secure the title, and possibly not even as many as that. Some nice fixtures too.

Is that with today's other results factored in? I have no idea where to look for them :lol:

There probably will be numerous similar examples, but the top of the 2nd tier (where we want to be next season) is ridiculously tight at the business end.

image.thumb.png.bede850aead45bc3c9a63ec215936a52.png

Sunderland have Charlton (H) and C Palace (A) as their final 2 matches

Palace still have to play Birmingham (H) and Sunderland (H)

Southampton have Charlton (A) on the final day

Charlton have Birmingham (H), Sunderland (A), and Southampton (H)

Birmingham have Charlton (A), Palace (A)

So plenty of '6 pointers', and it will be in pretty much 'everyone's hands' with the remaining fixtures.

Just looked at Forest's fixtures, still got a couple of tougher games like. Would be nice for us to win it at home but might not be quite there by April 14th

Edited by OpenC

4 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Is that with today's other results factored in? I have no idea where to look for them :lol:

I kind of erased Burnley from the equation after last week's result, and I knew Forest didn't have a match today.

I didn't actually realise Forest won in midweek, 2-1 at home Huddersfield, but it's ironically not the best of results as the chasing side. Huddersfield are -28, lost 12 of their 14 matches, so I thought that might have been like 4/5+-0. The GD advantage is currently +16, so could probably afford to lose 2 of the last 4 games really, as Forest would have needed some huge wins to claw it back:

image.thumb.png.dcaa6c37f3247e04e7412ff0d2f049e0.png

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Tough for Forest with the amount of games they will have to play also, must be about 3 a week x

It's Burnley not Forest with the mass amount of games