Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Time to see what the lasses are made of

Turns out they're made of a combination of steel and titanium, then :thup:

25 minutes ago, Jinky said:

To think, I used to sneer at the very thought of women's football!

:blush:

I reckon a fair few of us did. I definitely did too, to my shame; not so much sneer as pretend that whoever was playing, the men's game was like watching Manchester City Vs Manchester City every week by comparison. I was never as bad as that post on page one of this thread but I didn't even think about it as being a genuine sporting competition. Who knew that it's actually just the same game :lol: was a lass at work that shook me out of my idiocy about it.

Who's going next week then? Just the three or four of us that said at the time?  There are some tickets left, although not many :)

Edited by OpenC

48 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Looks like a nice little come back that! Get in ladies!

In the Adam P highlights I just watched, I spotted this though. Wtf is that?

Screenshot_2024-03-17-18-34-58-004~2.jpeg

Aye, he actually tries to get as many women’s and even academy games as he can.

48 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Looks like a nice little come back that! Get in ladies!

In the Adam P highlights I just watched, I spotted this though. Wtf is that?

Screenshot_2024-03-17-18-34-58-004~2.jpeg

I forgot Pearson covered the women as well - has he been as active with the women this season? I usually stick to NFTV vlogs which usually air around 11pm on Sunday. I'll give APs a watch now.

31 minutes ago, Cclay said:

I know it's only a handful, but it's absolutely class that people are up for the away days for the lasses team in the third division.

Missed the follow along today but absolutely chuffed they rescued the game!

Howay the lasses, not long left now!

46 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I forgot Pearson covered the women as well - has he been as active with the women this season? I usually stick to NFTV vlogs which usually air around 11pm on Sunday. I'll give APs a watch now.

He's not been particularly active in covering the women this season, you're better off following NFTV as he's there every single game.

Who knows :lol: some lad who admires both Emma Kelly and an unspecified De Bruyne and felt they belonged on a shirt together :lol:

Edited by OpenC

Not allowed apparently. A steward at SJP told me he was going to confiscate them because they were against premier league rules; he obviously had a change of heart about it, hopefully when I reminded him that it wasn't a premier league game. He was a mackem and his words were "no air horns or vew vew zeylers" :lol: had forgotten all about him until now 

Edited by OpenC

On 18/03/2024 at 04:34, Jinky said:

To think, I used to sneer at the very thought of women's football!

:blush:

Likewise mate.  To my (correctly felt) shame.

Only started appreciating it in the ‘00s, watching the Women’s WC, with Gavin Peacock as a pundit. 

Not sure why they opened the new seats on that side, it's away from the main block of Newcastle fans and next to the hashtag fans instead. I was hoping they'd open the legendary other side and I would have asked to move if they did, but they've gone for the opposite one and weirdly split the supporters 

59 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Likewise mate.  To my (correctly felt) shame.

Only started appreciating it in the ‘00s, watching the Women’s WC, with Gavin Peacock as a pundit. 

Surprise that. Given some of his other views I’d have thought Pastor Peacock would have preferred them full Handmaid’s Tale.

42 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Is the cup final going to be streaming anywhere?

Surely it'll be somewhere, it's a cup final on women's football weekend however I can't see anything anywhere [emoji38]

Yeah I'm wondering if they're waiting until the last minute to announce streams in the hopes that more people will attend the match.

Not planning to fly out from California for this one myself, though.