Newcastle United Women

toontownman

Aye it is. I think they wanted to hit 30k though. It’s still very good though.

I was wanting to go and bought 2 tickets, but had to work instead, so got an extra ticket and sent my mam with 2 of my nieces.

1 of my nieces plays rugby, and I think it’s great to show them that they can do whatever they want and that their gender shouldn’t stop them.

Just now, Stifler said:

6-1

Durham won 2-0, which means that as it stands they are level on goal difference, but 6 points back with 2 games in hand.

Durham have 1 match left, Newcastle have 3.

We have two tough games away at Barnsley and Leeds. 

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Also back to Bradford as well I believe.

Going to be tough, unfortunately that last kick penalty last week might come back to haunt them. Hopefully not and I still think it's stupid only one team is promoted. 

Ended up with two tickets in the directors bit today. 

Some of the passing and movement was really nice, even little bits from Bradford occasionally. But the goalkeeping, dear me. Don’t want to sound harsh, because it’s a recurring theme in the women’s game from the limited bits I’ve seen. 

We scored three goals from corners, and one from a free-kick into the box. All headers in the six yard box. The lass in goal for Bradford just couldn’t or wouldn’t come off her line. I mean she didn’t look very big in fairness, but clearly seemed to be a tactic of ours to just float set pieces towards her.

Edited by SteV

I was there today, they played excellently against a very poor Bradford side. Looked like scoring from every wide free kick or corner as the away keeper and defence couldn't defend aerial balls for shit.

Decent turnout to get 24,000. About 50-60 Bradford fans turned up, a bunch of them arrived in the Gallowgate West corner, sat at the back and started banging drums etc, and after 15 mins were made to walk all the way round to the opposite corner where the away end was by the Stewarts :lol: strange stuff.

33 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I was there today, they played excellently against a very poor Bradford side. Looked like scoring from every wide free kick or corner as the away keeper and defence couldn't defend aerial balls for shit.

Decent turnout to get 24,000. About 50-60 Bradford fans turned up, a bunch of them arrived in the Gallowgate West corner, sat at the back and started banging drums etc, and after 15 mins were made to walk all the way round to the opposite corner where the away end was by the Stewarts :lol: strange stuff.

Felt sorry for the kids even the ginger mullet.

They were doing no harm and adding to the atmosphere. I was about 30 seats from them and booooed when the stewards took them away