Newcastle United 1 - 1 Norwich City (30/11/2021)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

The fans were magnificent throughout I felt. No way should we be criticising the supporters for the sake of a couple of boos from the Strawberry Corner at full time. I was sat upper Gallowgate and the energy and noise didn't diminish for the full 90. Wonderful effort from all.

I thought the atmosphere was great, singing all around the ground again. 

I was disappointed by the boos mind, found it strange. I guess it was the people focusing on not winning a must-win game, and believing we’re relegated. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

he only picked Lewis because Ritchie was suspended, yet that's one of the best performances we've seen at LB all season.

We don't know that. Howe took Darlow & Clark out for Arsenal after the Brentford game. It is very likely that he would have gone with Lewis even if Ritchie was available. Next game against Burnley will give us a much better indication of his judgement of players. 

Still raging after last night. I want to feel proud of the lads who fought out a draw playing the whole game with 10 men, but I can't forgive that rotten selection of Clark, and the soft goal. We literally put it at the feet of the only man capable on their side of scoring a goal. 

59 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I thought the atmosphere was great, singing all around the ground again. 

I was disappointed by the boos mind, found it strange. I guess it was the people focusing on not winning a must-win game, and believing we’re relegated. 

Yes agree with all that. Was a few boos near me in the east stand. Probably the same knackers that booed taking the knee against West Ham. But overall fantastic support last night. 

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

Still raging after last night. I want to feel proud of the lads who fought out a draw playing the whole game with 10 men, but I can't forgive that rotten selection of Clark, and the soft goal. We literally put it at the feet of the only man capable on their side of scoring a goal. 

It was a great finish by Pukki like

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

We had 10 men for 90 minutes (including stoppage time). I think all plans went out the window fairly early.

Lol exactly. The guy next to me was pissing me off. Complaining loudly all game about we needed to get forward more. We literally had 10 men for nearly 90 mins including extra time FFS.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

It was an incredible finish. I've seen a couple of comments saying that Dubs put it at his feet, but that wasn't the case at all. The ball put back in (by Giannoulis?) wasn't actually that good, it was only that Pukki becomes world class against us.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

It was. But if you were going to put money on which Norwich player was going to score, who else would it have been? Just feels like knowing that we could have maybe got someone a bit closer to him...although I know that it was probably just bad luck how the ball fell to him. 

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'll give Howe a pass for selecting Clark, even though the entirety of this board knows he's not good enough. Squad rotation, clean slate, whatever, but now there's no excuse to play him other than injury.

Like @joeyt said, it was a fantastic goal by Pukki and Dubs should have caught it, but we were knackered and down a man. 

3 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

I'll give Howe a pass for selecting Clark, even though the entirety of this board knows he's not good enough. Squad rotation, clean slate, whatever, but now there's no excuse to play him other than injury.

Like @joeyt said, it was a fantastic goal by Pukki and Dubs should have caught it, but we were knackered and down a man. 

You are right of course, it's just frustration. :lol:

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

It was. But if you were going to put money on which Norwich player was going to score, who else would it have been? Just feels like knowing that we could have maybe got someone a bit closer to him...although I know that it was probably just bad luck how the ball fell to him. 

Watch the buildup. Shelvey was "marking" Pukki until he decided that he should leave him completely unmarked to allow Giannoulis to play it to him. Not sure why our central midfielder is having to mark their main striker though.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

They were always going to get a chance with us having 10men, can only think of one other threatening moment, he was able to be in the right position at the right time. Shit happens.

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

It was an incredible finish. I've seen a couple of comments saying that Dubs put it at his feet, but that wasn't the case at all. The ball put back in (by Giannoulis?) wasn't actually that good, it was only that Pukki becomes world class against us.

Smashed it on the volley (Half volley?) into the top corner of the net. Was an unstoppable missile.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

PQfkgmD.jpg

This is the immediate buildup to the goal. Not great defending all round is it.

problem is also after when Shelvey decides to fuck off in to the middle of nowhere and leave pukki to just do whatever he wants

Just now, worthy said:

problem is also after when Shelvey decides to fuck off in to the middle of nowhere and leave pukki to just do whatever he wants

Yeah I thought that too at the time. However:

reWFgzd.jpg

Shelvey went to pick up the other unmarked player in the box. 

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

reWFgzd.jpg

That still frame is fucking grim. :lol: Fernandez and Schar near the goal line. 

Everybody knows and has commented on Clarks one or two glaring errors every game. he is a complete liability...

Why on earth he is on the pitch instead of fernbandez is anyone´s guess???

Cost us the game last night. Very basic defender at championship level at best

Just now, The Bonk said:

Horrific defending all round, but even with that, 9 times out of 10 the attacking team don't score. Just typical they always do against us.

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

reWFgzd.jpg

and left another one free and only got half way cause he is slow as shit. I cannot wait to get a real BBM/DM

14 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Horrific defending all round, but even with that, 9 times out of 10 the attacking team don't score. Just typical they always do against us.

Pukki missed countless chances at the weekend but somehow smashes a volley into the top corner against us, which was his only chance of the game.

40 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

It looks bad, but I guess you have to factor in they might have been caught on the hop by Dubs punching the ball straight to a Norwich player. Anyway, 10 men and all that....maybe best to just put this one behind us and be thankful we somehow got a point. A loss against these would have been disastrous. 

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

It looks bad, but I guess you have to factor in they might have been caught on the hop by Dubs punching the ball straight to a Norwich player. Anyway, 10 men and all that....maybe best to just put this one behind us and be thankful we somehow got a point. A loss against these would have been disastrous. 

Yup, simply reacting to the ball and run of play. I really thought we were going to win it after the pen, think most of us did, that's why we're so defeated. 

39 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not if you take the previous passage of play into account. A better ball in and their player gets there before Dubravka. The defence was already a shambles before it got to Dubs.