Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Irrespective of others falling off. Arsenal are likely to get 88+ points this season. If they can sustain that they'll challenge for some time. Youngest team in the league. Don't need to sell.

Oh I'm taking nowt away from them - they're great, and like you say the youngest squad in the league. But they've definitely been aided by other sides who are traditionally challenging having poorer seasons, and being able to rotate in Europe due to being in a 'lesser' competition.

I do think they will lose at Anfield on Sunday though - not sure on my logic mind :lol: 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would expect us to go big for Brennan Johnson if Forest drop, would be an exciting signing.

Would be a great fit.

Remember reading that Howe really liked him and we were all set to push to sign him had Forest not got promoted.

Just now, KaKa said:

Would be a great fit.

Remember reading that Howe really liked him and we were all set to push to sign him had Forest not got promoted.

Already has 8 goals and 2 assists in the league this season as well, would fit perfectly into our system and style. More I think about it the more I’m convinced he will be our number one target in that position.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Already has 8 goals and 2 assists in the league this season as well, would fit perfectly into our system and style. More I think about it the more I’m convinced he will be our number one target in that position.

Right winger? Think that's where he best fits in our system, so would be a great alternative to Miggy.

Just now, KaKa said:

Right winger? Think that's where he best fits in our system, so would be a great alternative to Miggy.

Yep that’s where he has played the majority of the season (has played through the middle on occasion). He has everything, pace, excellent delivery and 8 goals in that forest side is very impressive. Only 21 as well so lots of room for improvement.

Johnson would be a right wing option.

Joao Pedro would be another versatile well rounded striker option, with a similar game to Isak. Think we could do with him as well, as Wilson is older and injury prone.

24 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Would love Johnson, bring Welsh I’m a little biased. He has high energy levels and is very quick, he’s also a sound lad. All traits Eddie Howe likes in a player.

We can be biased together! I'd love that signing, and miss us having a Speed or Bellamy.

Not convinced they go down myself, it's just one of the obvious choices down there because three of the teams are Everton/Leicester/West Ham. Still can't see him hanging around if they stay up or not, he's a level up from their current level, and Howe would likely get him to our level.

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Johnson would be a right wing option.

Joao Pedro would be another versatile well rounded striker option, with a similar game to Isak. Think we could do with him as well, as Wilson is older and injury prone.

Not a bad shout, especially since the time for cashing to the max might have passed for Pedro since he's not torn up any trees since the first part of the season, and it looks like Watford aren't getting promoted either. They will have to sell from a position of weakness now, so I guess it just depends how much we rate him.

If we get into Europe, looking at the squad we only have Longstaff (+ maybe Dummett!) who is over 21 to count as club homegrown. You need up to 4 else you can't register a full 25 man squad. 

With us probably losing Dubravka, Gillespie and Darlow in the summer and maybe Karius too I wonder if it'd be worth getting Krul to come in as 3rd choice keeper? He's obviously shit nowadays and has been dropped by Norwich but he'd probably never play and it's a free slot. I'm sure he'd be up for it. 

Edited by Smal

10 hours ago, Smal said:

If we get into Europe, looking at the squad we only have Longstaff (+ maybe Dummett!) who is over 21 to count as club homegrown. You need up to 4 else you can't register a full 25 man squad. 

With us probably losing Dubravka, Gillespie and Darlow in the summer and maybe Karius too I wonder if it'd be worth getting Krul to come in as 3rd choice keeper? He's obviously shit nowadays and has been dropped by Norwich but he'd probably never play and it's a free slot. I'm sure he'd be up for it. 

I know you dont have to register under 21's, but im sure you can register them and use them as the homegrown at club quota

2 minutes ago, M1tche said:

I know you dont have to register under 21's, but im sure you can register them and use them as the homegrown at club quota

I mean you can but that’s totally pointless because they don’t have to be registered in order to play.

You don’t have to register 4, it just means you don’t get a full 25 man squad of over 21s if you don’t.