Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

14 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Nah. I want players who i feel have more hunger and looking to properly develop their careers. Quality players that are very ambitious to become the best they can get. I don't get that feeling with Philips.

Thats a good point. I guess if anyone could reignite him Howe could but his injury record probably also figures. Thinking about it wasn’t there rumours he turned down a loan move to us in the summer?

38 minutes ago, joeyt said:

If there's any chance we could get Emile Smith Rowe we should be all over that 

Not so sure, Arteta doesn’t use him for a reason and I suspect that it’s down to a lack of physical ability to consistently be active in the press for 90.

Edited by Nine

On 27/09/2023 at 06:52, ExiledGeordie said:

Would anyone take Philips in Jan if he was available from City? 

Before he went to Man City, he was my top pick transfer wise. Thought the way he was playing for Leeds and England was exactly what we needed. He didn’t look like that player against us/was far from a flawless performance, but guess everyone needs a run of matches.
If Tonali clicks into what I think he can be, and Longstaff keeps going in the direction he is, I am not convinced we need him. That said, would still love to have him as an option as I think his ceiling  could be higher than both. Plus we still don’t have an out and out defensive midfielder with all the tactical advantages that may bring. 

On 07/02/2023 at 13:48, arnonel said:

While I am at it, Arthur Vermeeren from Antwerp looks immense. Getting alot of game time and only 17. One of the biggest talents coming out of Belgium

I was here first :tongue3:

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Just blow our entire budget on Leao at Milan.

Would have liked that. But too many lefties already now. Righ hand side should be priority. Not sure about AG on the right either. Also too lazy defensively for Howe? 

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Would have liked that. But too many lefties already now. Righ hand side should be priority. Not sure about AG on the right either. Also too lazy defensively for Howe? 

Just buy him and cross that bridge when we get to it

How much is availiable for next 2 windows?

How on earth do you go above improving the starting 11 when you have a team who works so good as a 'team', we saw PSG last night play as a very talented bunch of individuals. Mbappe is worth less than Gordon if Gordon is willing to run off the ball and Mbappe isn't.

• 3 weeks later...