Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

Have Raheem Sterling or Sadio Mane been mentioned in this thread? I could see both being available in the summer.

I know Sterling misses a lot of chances, reminds me a little of Dyer in how he strikes a ball, but he is creating those chances in the first place. Think he'd be a cracking signing.

Mane, I'm not so sure about as ludicrous as that sounds (not sure why?).

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I'd love Rashford here. Both for what he does on the field, but also off the field. Can't see Man Utd selling him to anyone, not only us, no matter how much he needs saved.

Strange, if I was a manager at Man U then he'd be one of the first players I'd sell. I say that as his stagnation as a player mirrors Man U as a club and it would be a symbolic change more than anything else. 

He has potential but I just don't get the fuss over him.

Just now, macphisto said:

We got two England and Brazilian internationals when we'd only won two games all season:)

We got a player who wanted to move back home and another who plays for a team in 7th in the totally uncompetitive Ligue 1.

We are not signing Man Utd, Liverpool or Man City's first team players :lol:

19 minutes ago, joeyt said:

They aren't selling him, especially not to us

Rashford's a good player, but is he on the same level as other CL strikers at rival teams like Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea? I think one of Man U's problems is they don't quite match up to the top teams in some areas and strikers is one of them.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Rashford's a good player, but is he on the same level as other CL strikers at rival teams like Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea? I think one of Man U's problems is they don't quite match up to the top teams in some areas and strikers is one of them.

He plays on the wing though for them.

And again they're not selling him

Edited by joeyt

I would not be surprised at all to see Sterling move this summer and seriously I could see him here based solely on the fact that not many teams will be able to afford him. These words from Guardiola could be read in different ways. I guarantee the reply would be a lot more emphatic if the question was asked about Foden.

If Sterling does leave then where could he go? PSG as a replacement for Mbappe if he leaves for Madrid? I can't see any other English clubs going for him apart from possibly Arsenal. 

Edited by macphisto

Botman, Bissouma, and Raphinha would all be amazing signings, and somewhat realistic for a team that has survived this season and want's to make a push for the top half/top 7 next season. 

Would also want a LB, not sure Targett would be worth what Villa would likely try and charge us for him. Could see us making a move for Tagliafico, there were some early Jan rumours about him coming here before it went cold. 

I love Wilson, but we also ideally need a top class striker who can actually play 30+ games a season. 

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Botman, Bissouma, and Raphinha would all be amazing signings, and somewhat realistic for a team that has survived this season and want's to make a push for the top half/top 7 next season. 

Would also want a LB, not sure Targett would be worth what Villa would likely try and charge us for him. Could see us making a move for Tagliafico, there were some early Jan rumours about him coming here before it went cold. 

I love Wilson, but we also ideally need a top class striker who can actually play 30+ games a season. 

Tagliafico is getting old man, would be too much of a short term signing for a LB, I think that if you keep Targett and bring in Lodi you're gold.

If not, go after Theo Hernandez, NUFC has the money for it [emoji38]

If we hopefully stay up, there’s a few names that come to mind, but also depends on how successful we are at shifting players on.

Brennan Johnson (if Forest don’t get promoted)

Botman (be surprised if he doesn’t go to Milan regardless)

Brereton Diaz (contract expires this summer)

Sarr (if Watford go down)

Puig (contract expires 2023)

Belotti (contract expires this summer)

Marcus Thuram (contract expires 2023)

4 hours ago, JNK said:

Tagliafico is getting old man, would be too much of a short term signing for a LB, I think that if you keep Targett and bring in Lodi you're gold.

If not, go after Theo Hernandez, NUFC has the money for it [emoji38]

Admittedly out of the two, I’d prefer Lodi, but Tagliafico isn’t 30 until late August this year. Trippier has helped to turn the club around and he’s 31. 

On 15/02/2022 at 14:46, STM said:

Go on then, I will play:

Leno/Henderson

Tripper     Botman       Burn      Targett

Bissouma         Bruno

Raphinia          Joelinton             ASM

Rashford

I'm sure there are better players out there but I based mine off players I'm familiar with.

Before anyone says we can do better than Targett/Burn/Joelinton etc, I'm aware of that but didn't want to pick anyone who I hadn't actually seen play.

From what I've seen, Trippier, Burn and Targett are all good enough for us next season. Just need an exceptional partner for Burn in the centre, and a DM to protect and recycle. Bruno and Joelinton in the centre. Class RW and CF and we're set. Then it's all about securing adequate cover.

On 15/02/2022 at 19:25, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

If we hopefully stay up, there’s a few names that come to mind, but also depends on how successful we are at shifting players on.

Brennan Johnson (if Forest don’t get promoted)

Botman (be surprised if he doesn’t go to Milan regardless)

Brereton Diaz (contract expires this summer)

Sarr (if Watford go down)

Puig (contract expires 2023)

Belotti (contract expires this summer)

Marcus Thuram (contract expires 2023)

Only seen Brennan Johnson once, and I've never watched Brereton Diaz but I'd be looking into them as back-ups.