Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Be interested to see what happens with Chelsea's loan players too.

Gallagher and Broja could be decent pickups although the latter has faded a bit in recent weeks

Southampton fans don’t seem to rate Broja at all 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Gallagher as the goalscoring midfielder to upgrade on Willock?

Didn't want to leave London so not sure he'd want to move. Turned down Leeds last summer.

18 minutes ago, Disco said:

Didn't want to leave London so not sure he'd want to move. Turned down Leeds last summer.

Hadn’t heard the London thing. Thought he joined CP purely because he’d be more likely to be starting there and therefore learning more, as opposed to being behind Phillips, Klitsch, etc at Leeds? Doubt he’d either be able to move via sanctions etc, or Chelsea want him to, in fairness, anyway. 

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Southampton fans don’t seem to rate Broja at all 

Always find it funny reading other clubs message boards to find out who they do/ don't rate.

Like I bet a lot of fans probably rate Shelvey pretty highly yet they'd come on here and realise he's been rubbish for most of his time here

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Always find it funny reading other clubs message boards to find out who they do/ don't rate.

Like I bet a lot of fans probably rate Shelvey pretty highly yet they'd come on here and realise he's been rubbish for most of his time here

Dunno if part of it is him being from Harold Hill, but when we came back up in 2017 West Ham fans were constantly banging on about how much they wanted him there.

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I thought Broja was the real deal but he’s definitely gone through a quiet spell. Strikers like him really aren’t common in the PL these days. 

Early days though, he does have a lot of attributes. 

Amazing what a few goals for a homegrown player can do - talk of £40m valuation was ridiculous. 

It's going to be a difficult summer in many ways. There's a World Cup coming and some players won't want to risk their international chances. Right now I'd say you could pitch Trippier, Bruno, and ASM as definite starters but the rest are kind of up for grabs. 

As I said, there's basically a sliding scale of players to shift so I'll be curious to see what we go for. 

I think with the WC coming mid season it might actually do us a favour in the transfer market. Alot of players will want moves away to ensure they are playing regularly. 

And I mean players who are more than good enough but perhaps haven't got as much game time as they should due to the manager or players ahead of them.

Rashford and Stones spring to mind.

19 hours ago, joeyt said:

Like I didn't realise how much Villa fans don't rate Ollie Watkins whereas I imagine most other fans would rate him pretty highly

Was also surprised to see how much Villa fans don't rate Mings. They express very similar thoughts to the ones we have towards Lascelles. 

I know things aren't going well for Leeds but I still think Calvin Phillips would be a quality signing. He would already fit in with Eddie's high energy style. Him and Bruno would be a quality pair.

17 minutes ago, STM said:

I know things aren't going well for Leeds but I still think Calvin Phillips would be a quality signing. He would already fit in with Eddie's high energy style. Him and Bruno would be a quality pair.

One of the reasons things haven;t been going well for Leeds is because Phillips has been out for ages for what it's worth

Think they rejected a £50mil bid from West Ham in January for him