Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

10 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Ashley Barnes will get at least 17 goals - if we play a more defensive midfield

Longstaff , Wilcock and Hayden (as a 3 man midfield)

Yarmelenko to replace maximum 

Cathcart to partner Lascelles 

Job done  

Well, at least you posting on here you're potentially a moments peace for someone else.

2 hours ago, hakka said:

Shearer made goals look easy, doesn't mean it was. Liverpool have Mane and Salah in world class form for a number of years in a system fit for their skill sets. Jota and Ruiz are very clever signings where they are very interchangeable across the front three, Firmino less so.

Wood isn't going to cut it on the wing and nor Fraser up top, so yes there is a huge difference for us.

I mean Rashford is a similar profile of player to Mane - except his movement is far inferior. Mane and Jota make playing wide or central easy. Even Wilfred Zaha has been decent up top or wide. 

I don’t think Rashfords issue is the position thing.  

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I mean Rashford is a similar profile of player to Mane - except his movement is far inferior. Mane and Jota make playing wide or central easy. Even Wilfred Zaha has been decent up top or wide. 

I don’t think Rashfords issue is the position thing.  

I dunno, Mane's work rate off the ball is way better than Rashford's and so his is goal instincts as well wide or forward play. Doubt many Liverpool fans would be happy with a straight swap like

We have to look at the wide positions in the summer - we just don’t create enough in that area - I’d want at least 12-15 contributions from both sides each a season (mix of goals and assists) - that propels you into the top 8 comfortably 

7 hours ago, Mikky said:

We have to look at the wide positions in the summer - we just don’t create enough in that area - I’d want at least 12-15 contributions from both sides each a season (mix of goals and assists) - that propels you into the top 8 comfortably 

That's the sort of numbers Saka, Bowen, Raphinha are putting up so yeah I'd say that's pretty much spot on. I still think ASM could be one of those, with a quality CF and RF alongside he'll find more space. 

2 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

That's the sort of numbers Saka, Bowen, Raphinha are putting up so yeah I'd say that's pretty much spot on. I still think ASM could be one of those, with a quality CF and RF alongside he'll find more space. 

Those 3 also give you great work rate off the ball too.

I'd love Raph at Newcastle. £50m-£60m good deal. Any less is a bargain.

A first-teamer from someone like Wolves, West Ham or Leicester would be a statement signing. Neves, Bowen, Tielemans, Fofana…someone of that ilk where we spend £50-60m just to say we’re coming for you.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

45 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Those 3 also give you great work rate off the ball too.

I'd love Raph at Newcastle. £50m-£60m good deal. Any less is a bargain.

Sure I read he has a 25 million buyout if they go down. That probably brings too much competition for his signature however.

15 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Sure I read he has a 25 million buyout if they go down. That probably brings too much competition for his signature however.

Strike early and fast. Good wages.

At 25 and 2 years in the PL - he might fancy going straight into a CL team. He's proven himself as much as a Grealish, Jota, Mane did to get a major move.

38 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

A first-teamer from someone like Wolves, West Ham or Leicester would be a statement signing. Neves, Bowen, Tielemans, Fofana…someone of that ilk where we spend £50-60m just to say we’re coming for you.

Don't want Tielemans. Lacks athleticism. What Willock did to him, isn't an isolated incident. Fofana would be an excellent signing. Would want him to have a more experienced partner that isn't Burn though.

I don’t think we particularly need that sort of midfielder but just mean that calibre and reputation. Someone whose next step would normally be a ‘top 4’ club or elite CL team.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Neves would be an incredible signing for us 

27 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Neves would be an incredible signing for us 

Agree, but by all accounts he is going to have his pick of big teams coming in for him. And at his age (25) he will want CL football either now, or next season, he won't want to wait 3/4 years for it. 

Based on my limited viewing, Savanier looks a player at Montpellier. He usually plays in attacking midfield, but looks a good all rounder. He's direct, runs at opponents, loves to get a shot off and grafts his nuts off.

With watford going down, Sarr would be a good shout.

Lingard rumerology seems like he would be open to come up north.

With these two we have some more attacking width, one free and the other reasonable price I guess.

Striker, we need more goals and a guarantee apart from Wilson. Spend 50-60 million on a great striker (Osihman?).

Defensive midfielder/pivot; Someone along the lines of hoijberg.

Centre back; need somebody with pace, both Dan and Schar aren´t that quick and we deffo lack some pace to allow us to press high up the pitch.

I reckon 120 million spend would have us top eight.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He kind of fell off didn’t he, but he looked great for the early parts of the season 

I rate him but there is Kennedy vibes about him for some reason.

57 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He kind of fell off didn’t he, but he looked great for the early parts of the season 

We should be in for him if we are also looking for a younger striker. He was 19 years old at the start of last season. Think he's showed more than enough. Has tailed off a bit as you'd expect, with this being his first consistent top flight experience. I'd be glad with the hype dying down around him, as it would give us more of a chance.

This profile of player are the types that Eddie really tends to do very well with i.e. younger guys with potential that need hands on coaching and more instruction and direction, and so we should be looking to take full advantage of that.

18 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We should be in for him if we are also looking for a younger striker. He was 19 years old at the start of last season. Think he's showed more than enough. Has tailed off a bit as you'd expect, with this being his first consistent top flight experience. I'd be glad with the hype dying down around him, as it would give us more of a chance.

This profile of player are the types that Eddie really tends to do very well with i.e. younger guys with potential that need hands on coaching and more instruction and direction, and so we should be looking to take full advantage of that.

My only concern is that if we pay £25-30m for Ekitike, we're presumably not then going to spend another £35-40m on Schick (or whoever) so we'd be relying on either Wilson staying fit or the young lad hitting the ground running.

46 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

My only concern is that if we pay £25-30m for Ekitike, we're presumably not then going to spend another £35-40m on Schick (or whoever) so we'd be relying on either Wilson staying fit or the young lad hitting the ground running.

Apparently we are going to be getting in two strikers, one first team one with experience and a younger one with big potential, and so I wouldn't be too sure we aren't going to spend around £60 - 70m on the pair.

Just now, KaKa said:

Apparently we are going to be getting in two strikers, one first team one with experience and a younger one with big potential, and so I wouldn't be too sure we aren't going to spend around £60 - 70m on the pair.

Source for this?

On 03/05/2022 at 15:10, Manxst said:

“Newly-rich Newcastle were widely seen as one of the few clubs that would not be put off by the financial package required, even though it is unclear if they have any interest. But it is understood Lukaku would not entertain a move to St James’ Park.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-romelu-lukaku-transfer-news-ac-milan-newcastle-b997605.html

headed back to Italy I reckon. 

I'd be surprised if Italian clubs could afford the package tbh. Maybe there's more money rolling around over there than we think.