Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Is it not the common consensus that he's a brilliant player and one of our best ever signings, but for whatever reason he hasn't been himself of late, with a few error-prone performances?

My work mate from Leeds thinks he was the best signing Newcastle made since the takeover. One could argue Bruno or Botman or even Isak I guess but I think he's right. The guy is special.

I don't blame Trippier for being knackered both physically and mentally, the blame lies with the manager who keeps picking him when it's obvious and has been for weeks that he's become a liability, and secondly when at least in the full back positions we do have options.

I hope he get's the break he obviously needs as this is extremely poor man management by the coaching staff.

3 hours ago, Away Toon said:

I don't blame Trippier for being knackered both physically and mentally, the blame lies with the manager who keeps picking him when it's obvious and has been for weeks that he's become a liability, and secondly when at least in the full back positions we do have options.

I hope he get's the break he obviously needs as this is extremely poor man management by the coaching staff.

Unless you are a player or coach in the dressing room with all the facts you can't make that statement.

5 hours ago, Away Toon said:

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Unless you are a deranged lunatic, pissed in the pub with zero facts you can't make that statement.

7 hours ago, McDog said:

My work mate from Leeds thinks he was the best signing Newcastle made since the takeover. One could argue Bruno or Botman or even Isak I guess but I think he's right. The guy is special.

Trippier’s the most important one - Bruno and Isak are better footballers.  That’s my two-penneth worth

7 hours ago, McDog said:

No doubt from me that he's the best signing since the takeover and one of the best signings during my years following the club.

36 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Trippier’s the most important one - Bruno and Isak are better footballers.  That’s my two-penneth worth

Yeah, best signing doesn't necessarily mean signing the best footballer, of course. 

1 hour ago, worthy said:

Guy is burned. 3 goal leading Mistakes in 3 matches is fucking terrible. Time for a long mental reset and let Tino take over for a while.

What if he'd made those same mistakes but they didn't score, is he still seen as having a "shit" game ?

29 minutes ago, madras said:

What if he'd made those same mistakes but they didn't score, is he still seen as having a "shit" game ?

Whatabout-ism is the worst shit ever. Cause it doesnt matter, he did in fact give away goals, he needs a reset

1 hour ago, WideopenMag said:

Rest him against Luton and bring him back in against Forest on boxing day and let the home crowd give him some confidence back.

Aye, something like that would do, although keeping Tino in his preferred position will not downgrade the team. 

1 hour ago, WideopenMag said:

Rest him against Luton and bring him back in against Forest on boxing day and let the home crowd give him some confidence back.

He needs to play through this imo

1 hour ago, worthy said:

Whatabout-ism is the worst shit ever. Cause it doesnt matter, he did in fact give away goals, he needs a reset

Nah, hyperbole is the worst shit ever.

Does a pass become a better or worse pass depending on if it results in a goal ? Did the exquisitness of Willocks pass depend on Isak scoring ? Is it a lesser pass if Isak puts it wide ?

It's why assists is a shit metric.

9 hours ago, madras said:

Nah, hyperbole is the worst shit ever.

Does a pass become a better or worse pass depending on if it results in a goal ? Did the exquisitness of Willocks pass depend on Isak scoring ? Is it a lesser pass if Isak puts it wide ?

It's why assists is a shit metric.

If they missed, we would still be talking about how Trippier gave away a huge chance at a crucial moment for no reason. What's your point? If all of the 5 mistakes that Trippier made in the past few weeks didn't end in a goal, do you think that we would not have noticed them? And therefore he has actually been fine lately? Because that's basically the same as your logic here. You can use this as an excuse for any defensive mistake ever.

Titus Bramble was actually fine, the problem is that the opponents kept scoring when he made a mistake. If they had missed the chances then it would've been all good!

Edited by Erikse

If a number nine makes a mistake a fluffs an easy chance but scores next chance no one remembers the previous error. They do it all the time. Like it says on another thread, Cole missed more than he scored but all we remember are his goals. 
defenders and keepers don’t have that luxury.