Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

58 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

New target for the bell-end boo boys then, eh?

Shameful. Trips will be fine - he needs some time out and a rest. :thup:

He deserves his criticism for his terrible form to be fair, cost us 5 goals ffs :lol:

Just because he's getting criticised for his performances doesn't mean people hate him either.

6 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

He looked ashen faced last night. Wouldn’t be surprised to hear he’d been ill. 

Always reminds me of "tight-lipped ashen-faced supremo Ron Knee, 59," manager of Neasden F.C., who used to appear regularly in Private Eye. 

Shows my age, I suppose.

Hope Tripps isn't ill, of course.

59 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Seems like a quite empathic, and don’t want to spread what might be bullshit post, to me. 

“heard a really nasty rumour about this bloke, don’t want to say much more, although feel free to speculate wildly about what it may be”

Yeah, clearly a post driven by empathy. 

Said it after the Everton game, but to repeat it again, he's got so much credit in the bank. Yes, these costly mistakes are unbearable at the time. But zooming out and remembering how he was first in the door, instrumental in keeping us up (more for leadership behind the scenes than minutes on the pitch) and then led us into the CL, I can't bring myself to get overly upset. Mistakes happen, and they're usually heightened when you're playing in defence as they're typically costly. Hell, we benefitted from defensive errors last night. Hopefully, if true of course, the personal issues can be resolved, whatever that looks like, and he's back to being our leader in no time.

Although wounded last night, I just wanted to give that man an arm around the shoulder and say don't worry about it, shit happens.

And depending on your age, it's mostly always been shit anyways Kieran so no sweat [emoji38]

Hope people can understand the difference between thinking he is a liability at the moment and needs a rest, and not appreciating what he has done for us in the past. 

I have no doubt that he will come back stronger and be an asset for us in the future too.

2 hours ago, Aiston said:

He deserves his criticism for his terrible form to be fair, cost us 5 goals ffs :lol:

Just because he's getting criticised for his performances doesn't mean people hate him either.

If you criticize one of our players or the manager on this forum, then it allways means that you're attacking them because you hate them. Nomatter what happened.

Edited by Erikse

when the cross came in I thought it was harmless and was would be easily dealt with - when they scored it was like getting punched in the stomach. 

every player makes mistakes like that and think he's just going through a bad spell

hope the fans get behind him and help him through it, he's still a top player and integral to the way we play.

Edited by Ginola14

13 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I thought at the time that Tripps has tried to cushion header the ball for Dubs but Dubs didn't read it

Think that's definitely an element. Poor communication/cohesion + indecision.

Be all forgotten when he puts one over the wall to put us ahead against the Mackams 

The lads a genuinely elite footballer, things go well then not so well in everyones life regardless of what job they do, leave the bloke alone, he a legend here in my eyes for what he's done & having the balls to come to us in the 1st place.

KTOTW 

10 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

No it doesn’t. 

Is it not the common consensus that he's a brilliant player and one of our best ever signings, but for whatever reason he hasn't been himself of late, with a few error-prone performances?

Edited by The Prophet

11 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Be all forgotten when he puts one over the wall to put us ahead against the Mackams 

The lads a genuinely elite footballer, things go well then not so well in everyones life regardless of what job they do, leave the bloke alone, he a legend here in my eyes for what he's done & having the balls to come to us in the 1st place.

KTOTW 

Looks like someone’s sipping back on grandpa’s old cough medicine.