Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

I hate this transfer window. :lol:

Of course there's a sensible argument in favour of letting Trippier go for a fee, but ffs can we just not? :lol: I love Tripps.

It won't happen anyway even if it were true, he clearly wants to be in England. 

What kind of fee could he realistically go for? He’s Howe’s favourite player pretty much and we need him for the rest of the season. But how much more beyond this season is he a starter? One more year max if he was playing almost every game. Given his age, would the money even be worth it? £15m max?

Guest reefatoon

He’ll probably love to get away from all the knackers who love bitching about him now.

25 minutes ago, patrone said:

The Chronicle

@ChronicleNUFC

·

14m

BREAKING: Bayern Munich want Newcastle star Kieran Trippier - full details from

@lee_ryder

here | #NUFC

[emoji38]

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kieran-trippier-wanted-bayern-munich-28474747

Crikey. What would you do if they offered say £25m?

It would fix the FFP problem.

And we have a ready made replacement already.

As a player I think Tino would be ready to step up. It's more the leadership we'd lose if Trippier left. I know he has had a dodgy couple months, but he is still one of the most important players on the pitch for us even when he himself isn't playing well. 

Part or becoming successful is also selling at the right time. Personally think for good money this would be the ideal time too sell. I’d be happy if he stayed as well mind but could understand it if we let him go.

He’s not moving like, as others have said he’s came to us because his family were homesick in Spain 2 years ago. He’s not going to up and leave to go to Germany.

It's a strange one. His value to us is probably higher than you'd normally expect for a full-back who will be 34 early next season. Transfermarkt have him at £9.5m which on the face of it is probably ok but is it worth it for us to lose someone who is clearly such a good leader?

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

He’s not moving like, as others have said he’s came to us because his family were homesick in Spain 2 years ago. He’s not going to up and leave to go to Germany.

Well there would be two families there already that no doubt he knows well and a manager who speaks perfect English.

Plus most Germans speak pretty great English, I think it would be easier to settle there than Madrid.