Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

This bloke reckons we are offering him around 

This is an odd one as Spurs fans laughed at Pletti about Kane to Bayern and he beat the drum all summer, and he was bang on.

I cant really see us offering Trippier around, unless Trippier has requested to leave.

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

This bloke reckons we are offering him around 

I wouldn't be against selling Trippier for an okay sum while freeing up his wages (his age considered), but the idea that we have offered our captain to a bunch of clubs seems a bit crazy. Howe is still starting him ahead of Livra. As others have said, maybe he requested to leave? From his point of view, if he wants to play more CL football in his carreer then this might be the time for him to leave.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Beren said:

Fond of Trippier, but that'd be a great move from Newcastle tbh.

Not if its on loan. I'd want 20m at least for Tripps.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Do we have to wait until he's not worth anything anymore?

I just think we got enough problems at the moment, and not getting rid of our assist king in January.

7 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Great for what. Hes our most important player behind Bruno.

The future of NUFC. I'm not suggesting we sell him for a packet of crisps, but Tino will almost definitely be better than him in two years time - reasonably close now.

I don't think he's the second best player either. He's been important in transforming the culture in the team, but we need to look to next season now really.

Trippier has been incredible for us barring those dips in form a few games ago. Instinctively when I first saw this i was like "ffs NO !!" and if you'd ran this past me last summer I'd have been completely against it. That being said , if the club wanted to move him on at a good fee and Eddie felt it was an opportunity to change the way we play for the better, I'd be in favour of it. It's odd, after all the misery of the Ashley years I'm still getting used to trusting the club to do the right thing. 

10 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

I just think we got enough problems at the moment, and not getting rid of our assist king in January.

1 assist in his last 16 starts for us, but he has had several defensive blunders this timeframe. I don't mean to slag him off here, but there's no denying that he hasn't been in great form since the Palace game in october. His value is also dropping for each window. He's on £120.000 per week. We need to sell players to get funds for FFP. You could make an argument for keeping every player of value, but that wont help us. Our main problem right now is the midfield.

Edited by Erikse

Club early 23: we'll never sell trippier

Club early 24: offers him out to anyone who can afford him

It's rumour of course, and it might be a condition of his home life to leave the area, but I said it a few weeks ago, there's a huge negative turn from the club recently and nothing good seems to be coming out of it. 

Just need some club up for sale to buy inter rumours to top it off. Would be ironic the signing which started it all signalled the end. 

Just now, Dokko said:

Club early 23: we'll never sell trippier

Club early 24: offers him out to anyone who can afford him

It's rumour of course, and it might be a condition of his home life to leave the area, but I said it a few weeks ago, there's a huge negative turn from the club recently and nothing good seems to be coming out of it. 

Just need some club up for sale to buy inter rumours to top it off. Would be ironic the signing which started it all signalled the end. 

When did they say we would never sell trippier ?

That feels like some massive reaching. There’s loads of talk of new sponsorship money coming through. Our slump is very easy to understand in the context of squad injuries. We have no transfer activity because our FFP status is at its worst since the takeover

7 minutes ago, Erikse said:

1 assist in his last 16 games for us, but he has had several defensive blunders this timeframe. I don't mean to slag him off here, but there's no denying that he hasn't been in great form since the Palace game in october. His value is also dropping for each window. We need to sell players to get funds for FFP. You could make an argument for keeping every player of value, but that wont help us.

Played Manu of the park in December. Looked poor for months now so has the whole team. So much of the play goes through Bruno/Trippier. Understand the FFP here, but there will be a big hole without Trippier.

Edited by nufc123

Just now, nufc123 said:

Played Manu of the park in December. Looked poor for months now so has the whole team. So much of the play goes through Bruno/Trippier. Understand the FFP here, but there will be a big whole without Trippier.

I think the club will probably be thinking about his age and this potentially being the last chance to get a decent fee for him. Couple that with Livramento’s form I can understand why they would be tempted to cash in. Story is probably rubbish anyways tbh.

Club needs to come out and say the club itself isn't for sale. 

Cant go into the weekend with this uncertainty. 

Edited by TBG

On the one hand I think it would be insanity to sell him. He’s one of the best right backs in the world, integral to how we play and a massive influence around the club. On the other the club may be aware that his value is as high as it’s going to get, and we’ve got a player in Livramento who is far too good to be sitting on the bench week in, week out. It would be a calculated gamble if we did move him on, but it’s the sort of risk you have to take under FFP sometimes.

I hope he doesn’t. I hope this is all speculation and we keep him. But I trust the club.

I can sort of see the logic in this one. Livramento is our future. Trippier must be nearing the end of his career and it seems like due to FPP we need the money and should be taking opportunities like this.

On the other hand it weakens our squad in the short term, especially at LB if Livramento can no longer cover there.

And I worry about the image of having one of our headline players leave in what has been not a great season so far. It could potentially open narratives we could do without.

Edited by Cf

I'm of the opinion the season is totally fucked and very little to play for, so sell everything that hasn't got a future in 5 years and start again in the summer.