Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

What was a disaster? That's a canny big word. 

The management of the season around Europe. We didn't handle the extra games. We will do the same again in lower Europe comps, as Howe will not change his style. Anyone thinking he will is kidding himself. He needs a large 1st team squad, that's if he's willing to rotate. Lets say his is and he didn't this season as he didn't like the alternatives. Until that changes, Europe will be a noose. 

7 minutes ago, Dokko said:

The management of the season around Europe. We didn't handle the extra games. We will do the same again in lower Europe comps, as Howe will not change his style. Anyone thinking he will is kidding himself. He needs a large 1st team squad, that's if he's willing to rotate. Lets say his is and he didn't this season as he didn't like the alternatives. Until that changes, Europe will be a noose. 

CL will be a noose until we're Liverpool or Man City level squad options and we're not seeded 4th. Man Utd were seeded higher and did worse than us against lesser opposition. Arsenal struggle but are lucky theyre so highly seeded. I dont agree the Conference League or Europa would be, though, we wouldnt have to put out full strength theams from the off for those. Fucking hell even in the semis or final we could afford to rest a big player if you look at last season comps. 

To say the management of this season around europe was a distaser is canny ott imo, like. We fell short by the smallest of margins and should have had 2 more points anyway. In a just world we'd be through to one of the CL or Europa. Disatser would be crashing out wihtout making a mark. Just because we've lost players to injury doesnt make it a disaster either. 2 of those injuries weren't even fatugue based (shoulder dislocations). Targett's was a freak not caused by being over played. Barnes was pre CL. Tonali not caused by style or selection... You cant conflate 2 things when there's no correlation. It feels very doom mongery mate. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

10 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

CL will be a noose until we're Liverpool or Man City level squad options and we're not seeded 4th. Man Utd were seeded higher and did worse than us against lesser opposition. Arsenal struggle but are lucky theyre so highly seeded. I dont agree the Conference League or Europa would be, though, we wouldnt have to put out full strength theams from the off for those. Fucking hell even in the semis or final we could afford to rest a big player if you look at last season comps. 

To say the management of this season around europe was a distaser is canny ott imo, like. We fell short by the smallest of margins and should have had 2 more points anyway. In a just world we'd be through to one of the CL or Europa. Disatser would be crashing out wihtout making a mark. Just because we've lost players to injury doesnt make it a disaster either. 2 of those injuries weren't even fatugue based (shoulder dislocations). Targett's was a freak not caused by being over played. Barnes was pre CL. Tonali not caused by style or selection... You cant conflate 2 things when there's no correlation. It feels very doom mongery mate. 

We'll never get there, FFP and VAR will see off any attempt. So it's more important you get every decision correct when you do, and we simply didn't. You're living in the 1-2% club at that level though, small margins produce huge gains and even bigger losses. It's been a naïve season from the club at all levels, I don't hold it against them, but that's how I see it. Overall it's been a disaster of a season, only thing we can do is draw a line and learn from it, but any expectations the board mouthed early doors of titles etc...just look foolish. We won't be allowed to do that. 6th-7 at best and maybe a minor cup. Anything else they'll throw the book at us.

I just get the feeling we're going to let a big player go this window. If we do, I hope it's not at the end, so we can find a suitable replacement in time, but I'm sure the club would already have plans in place should that happen. 

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

I said I'm not arsed about any other results. So, Who did we lose to? I must have missed a game.

Again, all I've said is prepare for next season, anyone who wants another European campaign next season with this squad is thick as fuck and we can't do much unless we sell. So fucking sell but do it properly. If we offload as many as we can now and maximise the spends next season, then we've got a good platform for the season after.

Eales wants European football next season. He must be thick as fuck.

4 minutes ago, buzz said:

I know planespotting is a bit noncey but the private jet from Munich tomorrow is a bit disconcerting :lol: 

We're signing Kane! Get the fuck in. Great signing.

Selling him now with our current FFP situation for decent coin would be objectively decent financial business but I'd be fucking gutted. He's such an important influence on many levels at the club as well as still being a very good player.

He & Bruno are the soul of the current group.

7 minutes ago, Dokko said:

We'll never get there, FFP and VAR will see off any attempt. So it's more important you get every decision correct when you do, and we simply didn't. You're living in the 1-2% club at that level though, small margins produce huge gains and even bigger losses. It's been a naïve season from the club at all levels, I don't hold it against them, but that's how I see it. Overall it's been a disaster of a season, only thing we can do is draw a line and learn from it, but any expectations the board mouthed early doors of titles etc...just look foolish. We won't be allowed to do that. 6th-7 at best and maybe a minor cup. Anything else they'll throw the book at us.

"It's been a disaster of a season", really ? We were a dodgy call away from the next phase of the Champions League. We've had a poor run, largely due to injuries but to say it's been a "disaster of a season" and "we'll never get there" seem ridiculous statements especially as we're top 10 and still have good chance of qualifying for Europe and are in the FA cup. We've shown we can compete with any team. Yes, the club , manager and the players have to learn and adapt as we look to evolve but the future's bright man.

Really struggle to see this team without Trippier! He's been amazing for us, wasn't he statistally the best RB in euore last season and in the European team of the season for something? 

Having said that, I wonder if this could be our equivalent of what Madrid did when we sold Casemiro to Man U

Just now, Keggy_Keagal said:

"It's been a disaster of a season", really ? We were a dodgy call away from the next phase of the Champions League. We've had a poor run, largely due to injuries but to say it's been a "disaster of a season" and "we'll never get there" seem ridiculous statements especially as we're top 10 and still have good chance of qualifying for Europe and are in the FA cup. We've shown we can compete with any team. Yes, the club , manager and the players have to learn and adapt as we look to evolve but the future's bright man.

Future depends on how much the cartel can hold us back and how long for. Right now though, this season is a write off. We've not shown we can complete with 'any' team for some time, we've shown we can lose to any team though, including Luton. 

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Eales wants European football next season. He must be thick as fuck.

Don't know enough about him, just his cringe comments around the CL draw and now telling us we have to sell players, yet wants Europe with limitations on funds and a squad not capable. Sounds legit.

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Future depends on how much the cartel can hold us back and how long for. Right now though, this season is a write off. We've not shown we can complete with 'any' team for some time, we've shown we can lose to any team though, including Luton. 

Ah lets fuck it off then . Why try ? What's the point ? This is clearly the lowest point of our history. Let's tell the players not to bother training in future, don't arse yourselves in games lads either. You never know with a bit of luck we can get relegated and be the biggest club in the division below. Then hopefully Ashley can take us back over and we can all rejoice in signings like Shefki Kuqi and Leon Best.  

I’d be gutted to see Tripps go but if we got Kimmich it’d be a good move. Tino is more than capable of playing right back for us going forward. Will miss Tripps but we’ll be saying farewell to a lot of our favourites during this journey. 

2 minutes ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Ah lets fuck it off then . Why try ? What's the point ? This is clearly the lowest point of our history. Let's tell the players not to bother training in future, don't arse yourselves in games lads either. You never know with a bit of luck we can get relegated and be the biggest club in the division below. Then hopefully Ashley can take us back over and we can all rejoice in signings like Shefki Kuqi and Leon Best.  

Can do, or like I said at the start, sell anyone who isn't in the 5 year plan and start again in the summer with a bigger pot of money.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Can do, or like I said at the start, sell anyone who isn't in the 5 year plan and start again in the summer with a bigger pot of money.

Easier said than done selling some of the players we don’t want.