Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Baffled at how many people are ok with him leaving or think it’s a good move given his age. He’s still controlling games from right back and completely shutting down wingers opposition fans are saying will cause is problems. He’s still up there with highest chances created in the league, we don’t have anyone else even remotely close to him for set pieces. That’s before you even consider his experience and influence. 

But aye sell him for somewhere around £15m. We couldn’t even sign a backup for that. 

We've already signed a back up.

5 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Baffled at how many people are ok with him leaving or think it’s a good move given his age. He’s still controlling games from right back and completely shutting down wingers opposition fans are saying will cause is problems. He’s still up there with highest chances created in the league, we don’t have anyone else even remotely close to him for set pieces. That’s before you even consider his experience and influence. 

But aye sell him for somewhere around £15m. We couldn’t even sign a backup for that. 

I think a large part of that comes from many accepting that this season will likely just fizzle out regardless of whether we have Tripps or not. He'll have like 18 months max at a high level, and if 6 of those are possibly in a petering out season, and he'll be more rotating next season / drop off given his age, then it starts to look like OK business. I also reckon his form from early December onwards softens the blow to many. If he was absolutely at the top of his game, in top top form then it would hurt more, but the multiple errors are probably at the forefront of many minds. It won't just be £15m either, it will be one of the highest earners off the wage bill, allowing more wriggle room elsewhere in that department, for players who are likely to be here longer term.

That all said, it would be a shame if he left since he has been so imperative since he came in, but I can see why he would want to go at this stage, and that, along with all of the above, I would be OK if he were to leave this month, and wish him well.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

At RB? We've got Krafth as well as Livramento.

Neither have shown they have the amount of creativity to replace what Trippier gives us

Would hate to see him go, but understand if he wants it, or if the club see the long-term benefit, or some combination of the two.

Krafth and Tino as our fullbacks is a strong 1st choice to see the season out but our depth isn't great. More concerned about the leadership loss, our defence always looks less assured without him (lapses in form the last couple of months aside).

4 minutes ago, astraguy said:

15 euros is around £13m,Ib the summer I'd of took it but now i'd want more

If that's the exchange rate, I'm a away to get my euros changed in the morning!

7 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Seems like he’s agreed terms with them, an approach wouldn’t happen if his side didn’t green light it. If he want's to leave then we should let him go as long as we get the fee we want. We’ve got Tino who adds a different attacking threat with has ball carrying ability for what we lose with the ball knocked into space for Almiron to run onto. We’ve got FFP worries and issues in midfield, if this creates wiggle room for a signing I’m for it. He’s not getting younger and thinking of the club only it may be best to cash in whilst we can get a reasonable fee for him.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Krafths contract is almost up.  

This shouldn't need saying again but the money and wages we recoup wil probably mean we can make one really solid signing if not two. This is the only way we can generate enough funds to improve the side. When Krafth's contract is up it will be the summer when more funds are available and we can strengthen again.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Neither have shown they have the amount of creativity to replace what Trippier gives us

Yes, Trips is a fantastic player, but he's 33 and seems to want the move. It's not ideal but we might as well make some money out of it which we probably won't be able to in a year's time.

30 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Hope we have a replacement lined up if this is the case. Tino’s injury record isn’t great.

Tino first choice with Krafth backup is better than our options in a lot of other spots IMO.

If we do sell Trippier and a couple of others, I'd much prefer the money be spent on other spots than better RB depth behind Tino.

5 minutes ago, Shak said:

Tino first choice with Krafth backup is better than our options in a lot of other spots IMO.

If we do sell Trippier and a couple of others, I'd much prefer the money be spent on other spots than better RB depth behind Tino.

The issue is I can see a point in the the season where both are injured. Especially as Tino is also cover for left back.

If the club feel they can bring in someone better for the money we’ll get from Trippier then fair enough, but players at that level are few and expensive.

Edited by Rafalove