More transfer rumours

midds

Absolutely desperate for an athletic physical DM who can still use the ball. Bruno is amazing but he should be the link. Top that with two wide forwards with an ability to score goals.

Dubs fucked up but he's not the priority. Honestly think we ran out steam a little today too, we've had a killer season with a small group, both mentally and physically shot.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Hoping we have some good free transfers lined up. 

This is key.

The more free transfers, or players on final year deals, we can get through the door, the more outlay we will have on other areas and more wriggle room we will have to sell players.

eg. Lingard in for free. Miggy out for 10m

Improves our squad and raises key funds.

Kamara and Lingard on a free would be class. Just randomly throw them into the team today — Kamara in midfield and Lingard wide right and we’re quickly improved and massively. 

Just now, 54 said:

Boubacar Kamara on a free with Longstaff getting jogged on would be good business.

Just now, Kanji said:

Kamara and Lingard on a free would be class. Just randomly throw them into the team today — Kamara in midfield and Lingard wide right and we’re quickly improved and massively. 

:thup: to both. Kamara would be the perfect number 6 to allow Bruno more of the ball, especially against the big sides. He was starved of possession today and v Liverpool because of it.

Fuck it, I’ll say it. 

Lodi as LB, Kamara as DM, Bruno as the 8, Paqueta as the opposite left sided attacking mid. Joelinton wide left. Wilson or new ST up the middle. Wide right with Lingard or Raphina. Balanced as fuck that team. Trip overlapping on the right. New CB next to Schar. 

Edited by Kanji

12 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Lingard doesn’t play wide right. 

Just now, Ikon said:

You lot talk about Kamara. He’s a good player but not exactly very mobile. 

He’s free. He can pass. He can tackle. He’s better than Longstaff.

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He’s free. He can pass. He can tackle. He’s better than Longstaff.

I agree. I wouldn’t complain. I’m just saying that he isn’t very mobile and ideally we need a very mobile player in there with an attacking player to play with Bruno.  But whatever, I’m sure you’ve seen him tons more than me..

Edited by Ikon

13 minutes ago, STM said:

If we don't sign Targett immediately after the season ends, I'd suggest we have someone else in mind.

Got a feeling we won’t and sign the young Scot playing in Germany.

2 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

We’re going to need to spend £250m in the summer to replace this shite. 

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

Bring out the checkbook, please. It’s time to be ruthless. 

ffs we have just gone from near bottom to near the top 10,I do not want us to became a new  man city throw £50 milll ...getting in the top ten we do me nicely next season 

Edited by astraguy

Just now, astraguy said:

ffs we have just gone from near bottom to near the top 10,I do not want us to became a new throw £50 milll at a player like man city...getting in the top ten we do me nicely next season 

The issue is that the Saudis might not agree, and also our best players (namely Bruno) have been told we’ll be competing towards that aim in the next year or two and if we don’t, they’ll be wanting to leave…

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yes. My mistake. Thought he was playing in Germany for some reason.

Brain matter reduction due to intravenous TalkSport consumption. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Brain matter reduction due to intravenous TalkSport consumption. 

Nah. I’ve been at Butlins since Friday for an 80’s weekend and mates 50th (now 52 due to covid) and averaging 3 bottles of red wine an evening. Just about to leave caravan for more… ?

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Nah. I’ve been at Butlins since Friday for an 80’s weekend and mates 50th (now 52 due to covid) and averaging 3 bottles of red wine an evening. Just about to leave caravan for more… ?

:lol: enjoy m8e

37 minutes ago, Ikon said:

You lot talk about Kamara. He’s a good player but not exactly very mobile. 

Bissouma is just perfect in every way, but our budget is striker so we wont buy him sadly.

6 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Bissouma is just perfect in every way, but our budget is striker so we wont buy him sadly.

How do you know our budget? Bissoumas contract ends next summer so his price is falling. It’s also been well documented however- I can’t see us wanting to buy him until his police investigation has been completed (in his favour, obviously).