More transfer rumours

midds

I actually think in terms of sources inside the consortium it's actually Caulkin who has the best links. Problem being he likely doesn't want to lose those sources, so tends to only tweet on transfer stuff when its all but done. Or passes stuff along to Waugh. 

I would say Hope has decent sources in the camp also. Just can’t understand why anyone would believe Luke Edwards who is known for pissing off the fans deliberately, was negative about the takeover and was specifically negative about Amanda herself. 
As if he is going to get a list of the players we are after and our budget, which they has already changed from £60 million to between £80 and £100 million. 

29 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Deals seem to take us a very long time to get done for whatever reasons.

From what's been reported it's how we want to structure deals - less up front, perhaps a higher total fee but spread out over a number of years, various add-ons etc.

Makes for a more complicated negotiation than just "Ok, here's £30m" "We want £35m" "Fine, let's settle on £33m" "Done" because there are more variables to agree on.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I still think if Spurs are in for him, he'll end up there.

He's been photographed at their training ground over the last couple of days apparently (although I haven't see the photos so might be bollocks)

8 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

From what's been reported it's how we want to structure deals - less up front, perhaps a higher total fee but spread out over a number of years, various add-ons etc.

Makes for a more complicated negotiation than just "Ok, here's £30m" "We want £35m" "Fine, let's settle on £33m" "Done" because there are more variables to agree on.

But under Ashley, we were constantly told that we were about the only club that just did deals the "all the cash up front" way, and that almost all other clubs spread the payments.

A majority of deals take a long time. It's just how much of it is played out in public. 

With both Botman and Ekitike, both were public knowledge from back in January. With the latter we know we've agreed a fee via the Reims president, but other than that there's been no solid info about either, other than we're interested. Both players have just finished a lengthy international stint too. So in reality we don't know what stage they're at or if they're taking an overly long time to complete.

23 minutes ago, LV said:

Based on what? Journalist talk?? 

Based on what? Based on January for example, the time we spent on Carlos, Ekitike, Botman, Lingard and so on.. 

Or do people think we’ve concluded our transfers/targets quickly? I understand that it’s not easy making deals. There’s no rush yet either. Just feels like we take long at times.

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, buzza said:

Just read that we might be in for Dumfries from Inter Milan.

Dutch international left back, would really transform the way we play, specially if we turned to a 343

Right-sided isn't he?

Mentioning the 3-4-3 system, if we got botman we could slip into this system really easily:

-----------Schar-----Botman-------Burn--------

Trippier------Bruno--------Joe-----New left back

-----Ekitike--------Wilson-------Maxi-------

Could rip a few new ones with that lot?

P.S. I had assumed Dumfires would be LB given that Tripps is 100% starter. Could well be RB

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Based on what? Based on January for example, the time we spent on Carlos, Ekitike, Botman, Lingard and so on.. 

Or do people think we’ve concluded our transfers/targets quickly? I understand that it’s not easy making deals. There’s no rush yet either. Just feels like we take long at times.

Wood, Bruno and Targett were all wrapped up pretty quickly like.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Wood, Bruno and Targett were all wrapped up pretty quickly like.

True. Wood had a release clause though meanwhile Targett boh wanted away and was allowed to go out on loan by Villa. 

So i'm not sure these would show that we move fast overall.

Edited by Ikon

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

True. Wood had a release clause though meanwhile Targett boh wanted away and was allowed to go out on loan by Villa. 

So i'm not sure these would show that we move fast overall.

I just think we're neither fast or slow, it varies from deal to deal.

Michael Edwards said at Liverpool they'd try not to complete more than more than one big deal a year because they're so complex and time consuming.

13 minutes ago, Ikon said:

What time in January? That was literally a couple of weeks. With like 3 people trying to do it.

With clickbait journalists stirring the pot all the while, winding folk up. 

Im actually amazed we got the amount of deals done that we did in that time. It was fantastic work. 

Edited by LV

14 minutes ago, buzza said:

Just read that we might be in for Dumfries from Inter Milan.

Dutch international left back, would really transform the way we play, specially if we turned to a 343

He was in my euros dream team 

great player 

Right back / wing back too 

Edited by JonBez comesock