More transfer rumours

midds

45 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

If we spend 53m on Paqueta, how will we get the Henderson deal over the line with just 7m of the 60m budget?

What a player cost in total is not the amount of your budget that total figure accounts for, it’s what the player cost divided by length of contract (amortisation).

So Paqueta for £50 million if on a 5 year contract takes up £10 mill of your budget.

You could still buy 5 more £50 mill players within your £60 mill budget.

Edited by Toonpack

10 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

What a player cost in total is not the amount of your budget that total figure accounts for, it’s what the player cost divided by length of contract (amortisation).

So Paqueta for £50 million if on a 5 year contract takes up £10 mill of your budget.

You could still buy 5 more £50 mill players within your £60 mill budget.

Is this how Edwards is working his figures out when reporting we only have a small budget to work with?

I do believe bowen had a release clause in his contract when he 1st signed form hull. No idea if he's renewed since then but it was around 50m. 

We were also his preferred option but Ashley didn't meet the fee or wages.

Edited by Dokko

9 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I'm a fan of Gray, arguably Everton's best player this season. 

Strange how we're being linked with left sided wingers though, when that's ASM and Fraser's starting position.

A lot of them can play as a second striker/attacking midfielder too, which is the way Howe often used Josh King really successfully at Bournemouth. Think it's probably the same sort of idea.

4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Is this how Edwards is working his figures out when reporting we only have a small budget to work with?

It could be, although he has more recently said the "spend to be £60m at the low end and £100m at the top end" plus player sales. It's not totally inconceivable that we could spend £100-120m on three or four very good players, plus two more either on loan or as free transfers. None of this is contradictory with the general consensus of our budget and the number of players we are reportedly after (four to six).

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

A lot of them can play as a second striker/attacking midfielder too, which is the way Howe often used Josh King really successfully at Bournemouth. Think it's probably the same sort of idea.

Rafa played Gray as a second striker a fair bit this season.

8 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Rafa played Gray as a second striker a fair bit this season.

Yeah, I know. He looked really dangerous in that position too. Howe might have really liked what he brought to that position playing off another front man.

Edited by KaKa

19 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I do believe bowen had a release clause in his contract when he 1st signed form hull. No idea if he's renewed since then but it was around 50m. 

We were also his preferred option but Ashley didn't meet the fee or wages.

Sauce?

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I know. He looked really dangerous in that position too.

Yeah, I don't get the people turning their noses up at Gray, think he'd be a good signing. He's better than Almiron, Murphy, and Fraser. More direct than Maxi too and a better striker of the ball. 

Just now, Joey47 said:

Yeah, I don't get the people turning their noses up at Gray, think he'd be a good signing. He's better than Almiron, Murphy, and Fraser. More direct than Maxi too and a better striker of the ball. 

I'm with you. I like him. Still just 25 years old too.

He's exactly the sort of player you could see Howe getting a lot more out of, as he has such a great foundation of skills.

It's going to continue to be a hallmark of Howe's while he's here. Maximising the talents of a lot of players.

5 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Gray has done absolutely nothing in his career to date to warrant getting excited by his potential signing.