More transfer rumours

midds

11 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Are people still taking the Bowen thing seriously?? If you actually follow the link to that guys tweet he follows it up by basically confirming he is taking the piss.

I'm just chuffed we've managed to get him, he's going to make a huge difference to our attack

4 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Having a bit of a read up on Paqueta - it looks as if he is comfortable as the central AM as well as on the right side of a three-man midfield, as he naturally drifts into space on the right allowing him to cut in on his favoured left foot. He actually has a similar goals/assists record whether he has played for Lyon as an AM (7g 5a in 25 games) or a CM (7g 3a in 28 games) so I wonder whether the plan would be to have him on the right of a midfield three and create space for Trippier on the overlap? 

I have to admit, I hadn't really considered him an option because I thought it was just a case of "He's Bruno's mate" but if this one does have legs...  :joelinton:

1 hour ago, morpeth mag said:

It would be more environmentally friendly if Brazil just switched their home games to SJP

Brazil sometimes play friendlies in Europe, would be something to see them rock up at St James to play Germany or something.

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

Anyone else go when they played in the Olympics up here. Neymar was playing. It's a sign

Was a good day out.  They were looking likely to be playing someone good (Spain?) but the other team fucked up and it ended up being Honduras.  It was the same day as "super saturday" in the athletics... what a day.

10 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Having a bit of a read up on Paqueta - it looks as if he is comfortable as the central AM as well as on the right side of a three-man midfield, as he naturally drifts into space on the right allowing him to cut in on his favoured left foot. He actually has a similar goals/assists record whether he has played for Lyon as an AM (7g 5a in 25 games) or a CM (7g 3a in 28 games) so I wonder whether the plan would be to have him on the right of a midfield three and create space for Trippier on the overlap? 

I have to admit, I hadn't really considered him an option because I thought it was just a case of "He's Bruno's mate" but if this one does have legs...  :joelinton:

I think the fact that we initially made an approach for LP before we signed Bruno is significant. Players tend to prefer joining clubs with a longstanding interest as they know they'll be favoured.

Edited by Dr Venkman

just posted on the aviation thread that a a private jet went farnborough > nice then nice > newcastle yesterday and is going back to nice this morning.

Plane is owned by the Nice chairman Jim Ratcliffe so wonder if we were interested in anyone from there?

Just now, Cookie1892 said:

just posted on the aviation thread that a a private jet went farnborough > nice then nice > newcastle yesterday and is going back to nice this morning.

Plane is owned by the Nice chairman Jim Ratcliffe so wonder if we were interested in anyone from there?

Or them interested in here ?

Ben Hurst weighing in with the cutting analysis there. Buying foreign players makes you an Everton? What an absolutely pointless profession journalism is for 90% of people involved in it 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Ben Hurst weighing in with the cutting analysis there. Buying foreign players makes you an Everton? What an absolutely pointless profession journalism is for 90% of people involved in it 

More Jack Colbacks please. 

10 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

Amine Gouiri, apparently sent a senior official to watch him recently ...

nice-striker-amine0gouiri-celebrating-20

Edited by KaKa

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Amine Gouiri, apparently sent a senior official to watch him recently ...

nice-striker-amine0gouiri-celebrating-20

This guy is class in my Nice FM save. As an armchair expert manager ( :lol: ) sign him up

4 minutes ago, worthy said:

This guy is class in my Nice FM save. As an armchair expert manager ( :lol: ) sign him up

;D

It's pretty cool when the club is linked with a player that has been class for you on FM.

1 minute ago, Slim said:

Intrigued to see how we fit £20m Henderson, £30m Botman, £25m Lodi, £50m Paqueta, £20m Harrison, £25m Ekitike and £30m DCL into our "£60m budget" 

Hopefully we skip the DCL transfer, that should help.